What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Skunk #1?

jawnroot

For the longest time it was Flying Dutchman's The Pure, no question. But recently they've come under fire for the so called "blue packets," which apparently contain a strain that is not what the pure used to be.

So I'm wondering, what's the best, truest breeding Skunk out there as of now? Dutch Passion? Sensi? Something else, or are they all effectively the same?

jawnroot

I've heard mention of the HTC IBL before, but unfortunately it's not up for sale at the moment on seed-boo or seedbay. I'm thinking, though, isn't Skunk #1 an IBL already? In other words, won't any Skunk #1 be like any other Skunk #1?

Anyone try the DP version?

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've heard mention of the HTC IBL before, but unfortunately it's not up for sale at the moment on seed-boo or seedbay. I'm thinking, though, isn't Skunk #1 an IBL already? In other words, won't any Skunk #1 be like any other Skunk #1?

Anyone try the DP version?

Im not 100% sure bout the HTC Skunk IBL(from Brother Monk) but i think there might be some sent into the auctions so keep an eye out..

Skunk#1 Yes its an IBL but some u will find will be different as different parent choices were made Sensi now own The Flying Dutchmen so im not sure bout there skunk#1 anymore either way u should be happy watever u get ive been warned to stay away from DP so who knows anyways good luck i hope you find what your looking for..

ddrew

Veteran
For the longest time it was Flying Dutchman's The Pure, no question. But recently they've come under fire for the so called "blue packets," which apparently contain a strain that is not what the pure used to be.

So I'm wondering, what's the best, truest breeding Skunk out there as of now? Dutch Passion? Sensi? Something else, or are they all effectively the same?

What??! Fucksake, I just ordered a pack of them, damn.(FD The Pure)
Oh well, I'll post if they turn out different from what there supposed to be.

natas75

@ddrew...don´t worry...last year, I grew their "The pure" and it was fantastic !
Sensi Skunk from Sensi Seeds is also not bad (my last harvest)...

K

kiree

sensi skunk is mostly indica, so is the FD skunk#1 (not the pure). go with the skunk#1 from Dutch Passion. Ive tried The Pure from FD and Skunk#1 from Dutch passion. Both are 75% sativa and the smoke is almost the same, in fact it is the same.

ddrew

Veteran
@ddrew...don´t worry...last year, I grew their "The pure" and it was fantastic !
Sensi Skunk from Sensi Seeds is also not bad (my last harvest)...

Cool, good to know.
I currently have one pre improvement sensi skunk girl going, just started 12/12, I wanted to compare the 2 myself, hopefully the FD will still be good like you say.

I

Iron_Lion

Im currently running the FD Pure from a fresh bought pack. They took very long time to show sex. Im pretty sure it was due to the 2 week veg, i would recomend 4 minimum. Started 4, sprouted very quickly, 2 females, 1 male, 1 herm (might be from high temps?). I got 2 phenos, both very similar in structure, but one is taking much longer to flower. I estimate the first one will finish about 60-65 days from when pistils first appeared, the other one probably about 70-75 since first sign of pistils. IMO the breeder flowering time is way off, which seems to be the only complaint I've read about the pure. I have high hopes for this strains as I have read many reports saying it has a nice high. The faster pheno of skunk 1 I have smells very similar to my 11 week MNS SSH I had last winter. Both pheno's have a low odor, not very skunky at all, hard to pinpoint the smell. For only a 2 week veg I am very impressed with the size of the plants, both stretched quite a bit, pheno 1 looks like it will have a very good yeild all things considered, pheno 2 is running very slow, too early to tell how she will yeild. I started this grow much later than usual and plants seem to be doing well in higher temps. both phenos responded very well to LST training, they both had very plyable brances like vines that I was able to inter-weave.

J

JackKerouac

I second Sensi. My keeper mom took 2 packs. It is like skunky lifesavers that's 50% amber in 60 days and packs on gooey trichs.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
find someone with sssc`88/`89 Sk#1 f-gens....lots of ppl have them in their sock drawer...heh....Im running bout 8 of the 20pk I have...I woulda said thePure also but didnt know about the word on those as of late...but when you hold good stock you dont hunt as much....
but as being said....sssc = Sensi revamped I think...happy hunting...

hey Benji sad to say my HTC Skunk IBL's didnt wana pop?......any reports on bad germs?...mine are in a lil nilla env..label n all...I started same time , same mix with ssscSk#1 f.2's and 7 of 8 pops on Sk#1 with no lov at all on the IBLs....not talkin smack on them but just tellin it like it was...
FOE20

krk

I started buying sensi seeds in 1992, they were good for about two years after that then.....who knows...I buy only outside genes. There early skunk and early pearl, went from outstanding to crap-ola after 94....then I tried them again like four more times after 1996-2002 still a complet ripp-off...I wont bend over for them anymore....:yeahthats

Latest posts

Latest posts