What's new

TG's multiple genetics 1k room, converting to Sea of Green!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TroubleGuy

-edit- to answer a question a few people have asked me; this grow journal will be ongoing, because every few weeks will be another harvest.

Ahoy! This is my first HPS grow. I'd say my knowledge and experience is intermediate, I've taught friends the basics and done my own under CFL, but I finally got the opportunity to do a "real" grow.

After a rough start (couldn't get gear all at once, unhealthy starter clones from a friend) everything is coming along great! I have 5 "big" plants right now, and when they're done this grow will be 100% Sea of Green. The first generation of plants has gone in, and I'll be putting more in bloom every 2 weeks.

Soil mix is Black Gold Organic, genetics I'm working with are White Widow, God Bud, Rev's Remedy, and Medicine Man (assuming my one and only MM plant is a female - I'll know soon enough!). I'll also be throwing some seeds from excellent bud I've smoked in once I determine sex.

I've already had the opportunity to test some things I've been curious about, such as taking clones from flowering plants. Details of each aspect of the grow will follow in individual posts for the sake of keeping things organized.

This grow is ever-changing, new genetics will be introduced from time to time, and possibly another light or two as well. It'll be running until about August when I relocate to a bigger location and REALLY get to have some fun.

I'll stop yammering for now and get this started with some pics. Strains are labelled in the pics, and any & all questions/suggestions/comments are welcome! :canabis:

T

TroubleGuy

Clickable thumbnails to help with page load times and make it easier to view.

This is the veg room in the beginning, date of photo 3/06/2009... Not many photos of the early days, it was boring and not worth taking pictures of. The walls were bare, no reflective coating hung, nothing to protect the carpet, and nothing but clones still rooting. The only lights in it at the time were two 26w CFL.

And this is the veg room now... Now there are eight 26w CFL, and I'm adding more light as soon as I can afford to. As you can see, the walls are reflective, the floors are protected, and there's a whole lot going on in here now.

I know some of the clones taken from flowering plants have rooted, some may still be rooting. I'll take more pics when I check them and repot the ones that need it!

Attachments

• IMG_0012 copy.jpg
    IMG_0012 copy.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0013 copy.jpg
    IMG_0013 copy.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
T

TroubleGuy

Flower room before, dated 3/06/2009 as well...

Flower room now (pictures taken 4/04/2009). As you can see, all of the babies are coming along great! They've just finished their first month in flowering! In about 2 weeks another generation (marked in veg pics) will be added to the room so I can begin my Sea of Green cycles.

More pictures will come as requested or as things progress.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 11
T

TroubleGuy

Checked on the clones taken from flowering plants, and WOW have they rooted well!

Here's a picture of the tray of God Bud clones. Rev's and WW clones have also rooted, but these God Bud clones have the longest roots so far. They should've been potted 2 or 3 days ago, for sure, but the roots have been in water and darkness, so they're plenty healthy.

With the tray of Rev's I had to put more soil on top, the roots grew to the surface!

More pictures to follow when everything's repotted.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 13
T

TroubleGuy

Is anyone even looking at this?

Anywho...a couple pictures of clones taken from flowering plants...

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18

beek

Subscribed. Looking forward to see those clones taken from flowering plants in action all the way.

blackone

Veteran
Subscribed:) I haven't had very good results cloning in flower. They root alright but take ages to reveg. If flowered too quickly before revegging completely they turn to popcorn with very few good buds.

T

TroubleGuy

They've revegged, new growth is happening same as clones taken from veg.

The only thing I did different was keep them in the rooting hormone (I use Vita Grow, I can't say this will work with anything but Vita Grow) for 45 seconds to 1 minute depending on if they are "soft" or "hard" stem cuttings.

I also clipped the taproot on them before planting so they grow more feeder roots. :joint:

I'm trying to finish up my ventilation but I'm gonna have to ghetto construct a duct muffler cause I have no money left for the grow right now and noise from exhaust is too loud outside. Fuck. I'm going through a bunch of stuff I've had in storage for awhile and I will try to come up with something in the next day or two. Pictures will follow, sorry it's taking so long to update that.

Also gonna be throwing in another 8-12 plants into flower before they get too big for SoG. Trying to get the cycle perfected, just gotta get it down right in the veg room... So far I have the 5 larger plants, and about 3 weeks later I put in the first gen of SoG plants... It's only been 9 days since gen1 went in but I'm putting gen2 in very soon just to have stuff going.

T

TroubleGuy

I keep saying I'm gonna post pics of the ventilation, just haven't finished it yet.

But, some of the seedlings finally showed their gender. 3 out of 10 are definitely male, haven't looked closely enough at the others to know if they're female or just not showing sex yet. Will check later.

T

TroubleGuy

Ventilation is as complete as I can get it for now. Pictures of inside & outside the room...

My photo album has descriptions if you need them.

Exhaust:

449 CFM 6" Vortex is inside the box because it helps reduce noise.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Intake:

picture.php

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Looking real good man, subscribed for sure.

How's the 6" vortex & filter treating ya? I need the exact rig, be curious to know how it's working out.

T

TroubleGuy

It's working alright, got some noise coming out the end of the duct that I need to silence. It creates so much negative pressure that the walls of the room suck in a bit, and it tries to keep the door to the room the grow is built in open! So the intake definitely works well, keeps that cool air coming in.

Problem is until I silence the end of that duct, I can't keep it on all the time.

T

TroubleGuy

Kirby Tokin - Thanks, hope you enjoy the show as it progresses.

TheMagnificent - The air is coming from the window. I might do away with that intake once I get an A/C in there, but for now it's been keeping temps in the low 80s.

joenjonaCFL420 - Just takes patience. Look at all the guys here doing 6k+ grows. They probably did a few of these before they worked up to that. :joint:

T

TroubleGuy

I know this might dissappoint a couple people, but I had to get rid of the clones I took from flowering plants. I really wanted to grow them out and see the end result, but I recently got some Rev's remedy clones from my buddy that were ready to flower, and he didn't have room for them. Sadly, In the interest of keeping numbers as low as possible I had to get rid of those clones. I'll be doing more clones from flower eventually though, I won't be happy til I have a chance to do a full cycle of them.

Also, should be getting some new strains soon! Possible additions are Blueberry and Sensi Star, and a good 3-5 others I can't remember the names of...once those clones in the back are 100% rooted there will be new genetics, for sure!

That Medicine Man plant is growing beautifully, less than 1/2" between nodes. I really hope it's a girl, it's the only one I have and MM has been my favorite strain since I first smoked it 2 years ago.

And finally, once those 5 larger plants I have are finished, things will get much more organized in the flowering room. It's just hard to get SoG going when I can't adjust the light cause of those 5... About 3 weeks til harvest on the big guys and the 8 small ones in the back corner.

Anyway, here's how things look now...

Attachments

• IMG_0004 copy.jpg
    IMG_0004 copy.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0003 copy.jpg
    IMG_0003 copy.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10
T

TroubleGuy

had a lot of good luck today, came home, smoked a celebratory bowl and got stoned, did some organizing in the growroom...then went crazy with the camera.

Everything's closer to the light so some of the pictures might be hard to see in detail. i'll take some macro shots when lights go off and post them tomorrow...

1 and 2: just show the way it looks now
3: white widow & remedy runts
4: god bud

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 12
T

TroubleGuy

the three different widow plants and remedy...remedy is by far the whitest so far and god bud is the biggest in size.

1: widow
2: another widow
3: another widow
4: revs

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0008.jpg