What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

abl12

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=352444&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hello anyone can identify the cause of these white spots? are they mite or white fly damage? or powdery mildew?

Sorry for double post, but this plant is a weird one cause i planted while daylight outside was only 10 hours 30 minutes, so i guess it flowered but now that we are reaching close to 12 hours outdoors i guess she will go back to veg state. the yellow tips are because, early on the plants life I sprayed some biodegradable aloe vera multipurpose detergeant mixed with "not enough" water.. because my noob brain thought it would help with the white spotting which i noticed from the seedling stage. The detergeant mixture ended up burning the plant. I also had to leave the grow for an extended amount of time, and currently am away from the grow spot but i have a handler who is just currently feeding it water and letting it do its thing.

My question is can the plant be rid of whatever is causing the white spotting? Im not sure if they are spider mites or powdery mildew?

TDK

Veteran
Sorry for double post, but this plant is a weird one cause i planted while daylight outside was only 10 hours 30 minutes, so i guess it flowered but now that we are reaching close to 12 hours outdoors i guess she will go back to veg state. the yellow tips are because, early on the plants life I sprayed some biodegradable aloe vera multipurpose detergeant mixed with "not enough" water.. because my noob brain thought it would help with the white spotting which i noticed from the seedling stage. The detergeant mixture ended up burning the plant. I also had to leave the grow for an extended amount of time, and currently am away from the grow spot but i have a handler who is just currently feeding it water and letting it do its thing.

My question is can the plant be rid of whatever is causing the white spotting? Im not sure if they are spider mites or powdery mildew?

you have mite and thrips i think...
Mites hate water, so you need to spray them, neem work also to fight against thrips and mites.

Vegg station is or are 18/ 6 light

12/12 is flowering

10:30/ 13:30 is flowering too

your plant needs more light when you want them in vegg..
When you shift now the light the plant would over some time revegg, but needs time.... sometimes much time.

regards
:tiphat:

abl12

you have mite and thrips i think...
Mites hate water, so you need to spray them, neem work also to fight against thrips and mites.

Vegg station is or are 18/ 6 light

12/12 is flowering

10:30/ 13:30 is flowering too

your plant needs more light when you want them in vegg..
When you shift now the light the plant would over some time revegg, but needs time.... sometimes much time.

regards
:tiphat:

Thankyou for your kind reply, where I live I think we get 14-15 hours max daylight outdoors, our longest day is in june 21st and the timeanddate website shows that we get 14 hours of daylight(including civil twilight) on that day, but after june 21st daylight starts receding.

My question is, do you have to have 16 hours daylight for a veg state or can a plant veg outdoors with 13 hours daylight.

Another note, it seems its hard to source neem oil, therefore im planning on using a concentrate of garlic and ghost pepper diluted with water mixed with a tiny bit of detergeant to spray for the mites and aphids

Regards

Arham Abedin

mygrass

hey guys/girls need some advice what's wrong with my girls thanks

Attachments

• icm1.jpg
    icm1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 19
  • icm2.jpg
    icm2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 15
  • icm3.jpg
    icm3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 16
  • icm4.jpg
    icm4.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 17

zztirebiter

Hello, I have been fighting something since getting a "girlscout cookie" clone out of california. Been Treating for broadmites, never seen the mites under light microscope. A couple infected buds, put in small sealed plastic sack is growing mold from the nano red circles. No internet to send pics. Would this be a rust mold?

Hey guys cant discover the cause to it, seens like a yellowing in the upper side of the plant.
My ph is 5.7/5.8 with the run off of 5.3/5.5
I was feeding it with 0.8 ec but the run off was 1.6, so i decided to give it a flush with destiled water(0ec). Then i saw the run off was 1.1/1.3. Now i'm giving it a flush till the run off ec low.

You can see the upper leaves with yellowing in the middle and some green spots. The downer side leaves are just green. The left side leaf is with the same problem but in a small scale. What nutrient do you think is causing it?

I grow in coco.

Attachments

• DSC01710.jpg
    DSC01710.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01710 - C.jpg
    DSC01710 - C.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01710 - C2.jpg
    DSC01710 - C2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 13
Classic Mosaic Virus Symptoms

Classic Mosaic Virus Symptoms

Here is one of the most obvious signs of Mosaic Virus. Blue/green striping, blisters and disfigured leaves.

Attachments

• 20160501_125604[1].jpg
    20160501_125604[1].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20160501_125553[1].jpg
    20160501_125553[1].jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160501_125533[1].jpg
    20160501_125533[1].jpg
    50 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160421_194920[1].jpg
    20160421_194920[1].jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 11

grobart

Wtf is this?!?

Wtf is this?!?

Ok, so what the hell is this deficiency?

I'm NorCal. I KNOW what I'm doing. Except this. Happens every time.

I'm running Larry og in roots 707 soil. Week 4. Under a 1k with gas. 90ish degrees but super good airflow - and doesn't seem heat stress related. 38.8% 1100ppm on gas.

I'm giving her 800ppm on a ppm500 scale as measured by a bluelab combo meter. The good one. Not the crappy one. pH at 5.6-5.8. Nutes comprised of 1/2 cup maxibloom. Some homemade beneficials/boogie brew. Plus some homemade MOAB on recommended usage schedule at 200ppm. Early some humic and some kelp and molasses.

Wtf is this deficiency? My mentor says never go over 600ppm and I'm at 800ppm. Could this really be a phosphorous deficiency? Overage? Wtf else? i have been out of calmag for two runs. It looks like a few different problems.

Please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 13

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Ok, so what the hell is this deficiency?

I'm NorCal. I KNOW what I'm doing. Except this. Happens every time.

I'm running Larry og in roots 707 soil. Week 4. Under a 1k with gas. 90ish degrees but super good airflow - and doesn't seem heat stress related. 38.8% 1100ppm on gas.

I'm giving her 800ppm on a ppm500 scale as measured by a bluelab combo meter. The good one. Not the crappy one. pH at 5.6-5.8. Nutes comprised of 1/2 cup maxibloom. Some homemade beneficials/boogie brew. Plus some homemade MOAB on recommended usage schedule at 200ppm. Early some humic and some kelp and molasses.

Wtf is this deficiency? My mentor says never go over 600ppm and I'm at 800ppm. Could this really be a phosphorous deficiency? Overage? Wtf else? i have been out of calmag for two runs. It looks like a few different problems.

Please help.

looks like calcium def. a whole plant shot would help. also 800ppm on a .5 hanna is 1.6 ec. that's hella high. 1/2cup maxibloom...to how much water?

grobart

I'm now kicking myself for not picking up any more calmag. I'll get a full plant shot tomorrow after she wakes up.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Lochinvar

Here is one of the most obvious signs of Mosaic Virus. Blue/green striping, blisters and disfigured leaves.

im sorry to say, it looks like mosaic virus could be the least of your worries. those disfigured leaves look a lot like my little friends that wont leave me alone. Norcal is plauged with those lil bastards. That twisty growth and sawtoothed, upcurled leaf edges screams broads and or russets and or cyclamen mites. you need a good scope and some patience identifying them. just my opnion, i hope im wrong. Ive found that broads and russets , often times are both there, and that shit really sucks.
for the most part, they can be treated the same ways. there are several options, but thorough coverage is as important as they make it sound, when researching. sometimes it seems that there is nothing you can do to completely get rid of them. good luck

orfeas

Veteran
Hello!

I know it is not that easy to diagnose when details are missing, but the only one I can provide is spider mites...
I've given them a spinosad spray...

:tiphat:Orfeas

Attachments

• P1080995.JPG
    P1080995.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P1080996.JPG
    P1080996.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 13
  • P1080997.JPG
    P1080997.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 19

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
too dry. or roots issues causing lockout. but off top i'll say you need to stop letting the top 1" get that dry unless you're having issues with gnats.

mjlifestyle

Hello!

I know it is not that easy to diagnose when details are missing, but the only one I can provide is spider mites...
I've given them a spinosad spray...

:tiphat:Orfeas

New leafs hooking up so badly and being so distorted are a sign of Ca lockout/def. Coupled with what PBL said above about your too dry soil, I'll vote for Ca lockout due to overdried soil. Calcium is immobile, so new leafs/growth can't suck it from elsewhere in the plant, it can only get it with the water via roots (and foliar feeding, which I'm guessing didn't happen here). Soil way to dry => no calcium uptake via roots => new growth has no calcium.

Check here for a better description - http://www.advancednutrients.com/articles/know-about-fixing-nutrient-problems/

Cheers!

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to other posts elsewhere, this variegated mottle in the veins is part of the OG Kush blood line. That would make me happy as this seed is supposedly OG Kush.

Others have posted that this also happens in other OG clones....

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
hard to tell might just be random mutations, could be micro deficiencies. i'd just wait it out. you'll have time before anything dies or is in danger of death.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After seeing photos of couple of OG clones I feel better. Apparently this plant is susceptible to mosaic (for all you tobacco smokers beware) and I wanted to see if anyone had that experience or not as I plan to clone her. Interestingly enough, only a couple of branches demonstrate this trait.

I do not know of any deficiencies that hit the vein in a mottled fashion.

Latest posts

Latest posts