What's new

I found it in the trash.......

Agent-Smith

I'm sure it will be better off in my hands than in the dump! :D

Hey everybody, I found this dresser out by the road last night while walking the dog. I thought it would be a perfect candidate for a mother/clone/veg chamber for my tunnel. I have absolutely nothing figured out for it yet but I decided to start working on it anyways.
I know it's gonna use 42W CFL's x 4 but other than that, everything is still up in the air. I figured I would document the process to show everyone how easy it is to make a nice little cab on the cheap. :D

If you have any ideas let me know as I have never done a CFL box before. The dimensions are : 28"H x 24"W x 14"D all of which are the inside working dimensions.

This is just the beginning....more to come soon! :woohoo:

Here's before it got disassambled

taking off the fronts of the drawers

drawers gone

new mylar board back going on

new back installed

guanito

Make a panel out of the drawer fronts by screwing a baton (a piece of plywood slightly smaller than the all the drawer fronts together) to the back of them. Make a door out them with hinges on one side or the other. Take out and discard the drawers.

Take a 1x2 and run it around the inside of the cab 7/8" back from the front. Put your rubber weatherstripping on this for an airtight seal. Maybe instead of weatherstripping you use velcro in a couple of spots near the middle on the front. Then you wouldn't need hinges. Just take off the front when you want access. You 'll still have the drawer handles on there.

I2KanGrow

OK - Agent-Smith, ya got my attention, pullin'-up a chair - let's see what you come-up with.
I'm a huge fan of roadside cabs myself!!!!

Agent-Smith

DiscoBiscuit, probably not, I'm trying to keep the wattage down and the required cooling to a minimum as well but good idea if it was a flowering cab. :D

RedGreenery, Vash, 12KanGrow, and j.guit.err, thanksguys, it should prove to be a real fun show! :joint:

guanito, it's funny you say that since Iwas already thinkingthe same myself LOL. If you've seen my new tunnel, you'll see I have a little experience when it comes to sealing light leaks LOL :laugh:

So here's what I have done so far tonight. I am trying to use as many of the pieces that came with it as possible to save on material cost since I am cheap and broke :D I took the drawers apart and used the drawer sides as a sub floor, then used one of the drawer bottoms to cover the subfloor. It leaves a good 1/2" x 13" intake on either side of the floor for an easy passive intake. Two of the drawer sliders were kept and cut down 1 inch in the front to be used as light breaks for the intakes. They line up perfectly. :D I also have the old drawer backs marked and ready to be cut to use around the inside perimeter of the dresser for the door to butt up to and create a lightproof seal. I also have my mylar boards measured and ready to be cut for the roof, back of door, and remaining two walls along with an OSB sheet for the drawer fronts to be attached to.
Here's the subfloor installed

Here's the cover floor installed and the light breaks

Shows the light break a little better

Some boards ready to be cut tomorrow :D

Agent-Smith

So I finished alot more stuff today.

predrilled the holes for the boards the door will suck up to

painted the boards black and installed them along with the reflective panels for the roof and side walls

light breaks on either side to keep light in

The door is finished front and back, and you can see how it installs

Everything done, and it looks like it was never touched! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Very nice, I love that mylar board.

You're also about a gazillion times better at lightproofing than me, by the looks of it.

P.S. You found it in the trash. Did you disinfect it? Please? :)

Agent-Smith

Thanks jay, rebo, and bork! :D
Well it was sitting out on the side of the road "with" the trash but yes, it was wiped down thoroughly LOL :D

C

Cerb

Looks great. The assembly is top notch, and one would never suspect it a grow box.

Latest posts

Latest posts