What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fox News Headquarters

Hello all!

The intent of this post is to set up a record of my grows here on ICMag, and to invite criticism of techniques in order to improve the efficiency of future grows.

// The Environment //

1. Veg Room

A gutted out dresser, painted flat white with spray paint on the inside, and fitted with 5 medium sockets fixed at the top. The dresser looks completely normal from the outside when backed against a wall. Bulbs used range from 42W Warm White CFL's or 23W Cool White CFL's. Photoperiod used is 16 light / 8 dark.

Dimensions:

40" tall x 30" wide x 18" deep

2. Flower Room

Purchased a Homebox XS, and am very impressed with the quality of the product and would heartily recommend to growers of any plant. Ventilation consists of an Elicent 4" inline fan connected to a 4" Carbon Filter both mounted at the top of the tent. Lighting consists of a 250W HPS with a homemade cooltube apparatus. Photoperiod used is 12 light / 12 dark.

Ducting Scheme:

Carbon Filter ====> Cool Tube ====> Fan ====> Out the Top

3. Media

My first initial plant was grown in Miracle Gro Organic Choice soil, but the next round is currently being grown in compost purcased from your local MegaDepot. It was labeled as "ready to use out of the bag" but I opted to add 20 - 30% perlite to the mix.

a. Nutrients and Supplements

Mycorrhyzal fungi and beneficial bacteria were added to the soil after clumped spore mass was dissolved into the feeding water. The product used is MycoGrow from Fungiperfecti.com. This is done in the early stages of vegetative growth.

Regular feedings given with mixture of Pur filtered water and

Schultz Plant Food plus Micronutrients: (1 dropper full)

Fish Emulsion: (>1 tbsp)

Superthrive: (2 drops)

**all quantities are per 1/2 gallon of water**

b. Note on container sizes

I am currently experimenting with using small containers in the effort to start a very small clone SOG a la Dr. BudGreenGenes. My current "large" container is 1.89L or 64 fluid ounces. The "small" container is the 20 fluid oz Gatorade bottle used by Dr. Bud. My current experiences have me siding with the "large" container because of the very frequent watering (ie every other day) of the "small" container. I am just curious to see if final yield is similar for the 64 oz vs. the 20 oz.

// Flying Purple Monkey Dick //

Well this is my first ever plant to grow out to maturity, and I have a few more in the oven. I certainly appreciate comments and criticism.

This plant was gifted to me under very extraneous circumstances so I have no idea as to its heritage or "strain name". Now it is obvious to me that it is an indica, and it eventually turned purple. I dubbed thee Flying Purple Monkey Dick.

The plant was vegged to 4" tall upon induction of flowering, and I will let the pictures do the talking from here...

Day 3 of Flower

Day 6

Day 12

Continued...

great shit, this shows that quality genetics are what make a plant and not some crazy growing scheme or usuing every product from advanced nutrients. im just jealous i dont have any for me.

Weedninja

Nice looking plants, I'm glad I stopped by. I saw Fungi Perfecti's mycorrhyzal products and they sound interesting. So what's coming, more FPMD?

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
damn dude, that little girl has some BIG swollen buds & calyxes on her!!! Great job man, I like ur style!!!! Ill be watchin..Peace

-Z

ninja the owner of Fungi Perfecti, Paul Stamets, is a really innovative dude. He has some great videos on youtube from the TED conferences.

As for whats next....

The flower room is a bit crowded right now so I need to get the FPMD out in a few days.

I have 3 Nirvana White Widows, and 3 Mandala White Satins. Each are in varying large or small containers.

Heres a WW with creamy hairs. They are all slightly less than 30 days now.

In the veg room I have 3 FPMD's comin up.

And drying on top of the reflector is a clipping at week 8 from the FPMD currently flowering. It's tasty smoke!!

Happy New Year all!

Weedninja

Let's just say that I used to take a very active interest in what Stamets has to say, so I am acquainted with his work. Good stuff.

Looking forward to updates.

Weedninja said:
Let's just say that I used to take a very active interest in what Stamets has to say, so I am acquainted with his work. Good stuff.

Looking forward to updates.

Ha, we have another mycophile I see!

Psilocybe Cubensis "Orissa India"

Weedninja

Yeah, but I'm retired. I'll give you a tip: The knock on the Creeper strain is that it varies potency wildly from flush to flush. I endorse that with every fiber of my being. Worst 6 hours of my life.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Thats impressive, like to see that with a months veg in a big pot!

On those 2ltr bottles...
How do the roots react at the bottom of those?
Do they circle into each separate cone contour on the bottom or do those cone contours redirect some roots back up into the rootmass? A bit of both?
They look like a great small pot for the 1gal range & Ive seen some great results going full term from seed in them.

My square 1gals split the circling into 4 separate groups from the small contour on the bottom in each corner, an improvement over round pots.
Been thinking of possibly swapping out my square 1gals for 2ltrs?

Thanks

Last edited:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Looks a lot like purple kush from SR71. Looks awesome, you got a real nice cut there! I'm jealous!

Ninja- I know what you mean man. Taking shrooms is like a crapshoot for me sometimes. It can be euphoric or nauseating. Anyone have any tips for reducing nausea while tripping? I'm going to try to work with psilocybin extracts from now on. Just soak em in a high proof liquor for a week or so, then strain the bits out, and bottoms up. I believe there is something in the cell wall of fungi that is indigestible, chitin maybe, that can cause the nausea you can bypass that with extracts.

Chef- Ummm the roots grow pretty dense just about everywhere. After adding mycogrow they try to grow out of the holes on the bottom!

Deft- Thanks for the kind words I'm very lucky to have them. I think I'm going to take the three clones I have and put them in 3L containers and veg for about a month and a half. That way I will have time to select and grow mothers from the ones I like out of the WW and WS.

Weedninja

My philosophy was to eat them on a relatively empty stomach; I never really had any major nausea and it maximized the effect of the shrooms, which allowed me to take less. Different people have different digestive systems, though. Personally, I can't drink more than a glass of milk at a time.

PFMD Day 61

Planning to harvest in 3 days...

The buds at the bottom look bigger than the tops

White Satins (these are at Day 28 or 22)

White Widows (at Day 28 or 22)

The WW's seem to have two phenotypes a big producer with less resin glands, and another with less buds but more crystals. We'll see how this shapes out.

Latest posts

Latest posts