What's new

Strains with no tolerance build up?

hamstring

Veteran
My question is there really such a thing as strains that you do not develop a tolerance too? I have seen seed distributors advertise “no tolerance build up” Bubba Kush comes to mind but often wondered is this a fallacy or not.

I have smoked some very strong Indicas the kind that send you into a trance but after awhile I can still tend to develop a tolerance to these normally devastating strains. I am not saying I don’t still get a smooth brain but I can go from 4 or 5 hits to smoking ¾ of a nice joint.

imadoofus

Veteran
with any recreational drug you use, the more frequent the use to more tolerant your body becomes. i copped a gram of bubble hash once and stayed lit for 2 weeks. no resistance to the hash; always 2-3 hits and forgetting what i was doing for 3 hours. but then factor in everyones bodies are different and react such. good, strong buds will get you high everytime. maybe a little more or less...

if you ever seriously concern yourself with developing a tolerance, eat a couple decent sized primo nuggz. i mean, there is high, and then there is *HIGH* digesting weed is soooooo underrated, but that method will bounce you out of the atmosphere. bet that. if your brave, eat a lot. but be warned, amsterdam banned space cake and food based marijuana items because tourist always had to be rushed to the emergency room for having panic attacks.

U

ureapwhatusow

There hae been a few strains

the one i grow and bred which gets me high every time like it has for the last 5 years i still am amazed

an old school 90's afghani strain i used to have that smoke the same o the 100th day as id did the 1st

some hazes like dark haze seem to smoke the same but i havent had more than a few zips

One of the requirements for a plant to stay in rotation in my garden is that it has to work regardless of how long ive been rocking it

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
This ought to be an interesting thread.

ureapwhatusow: "One of the requirements for a plant to stay in rotation in my garden is that it has to work regardless of how long ive been rocking it."

Amen to that!

Last edited:

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
In 30 years, I've only had 1 that would qualify & I just located it again. Been searching & bugging people for months lol
Its a 20+ year old PNW noname hashplant cut. I burned through 2 sun tea jars of the stuff years ago & after 4-5 months, it would still rock your world like the 1st day.

Its a big lanky thing too, first time I saw it was in 3ft veg stage I thought "lanky mexican" Then it gets down to business in 12/12 & you see the reason for the big nodes, it needs the room ;)
I've never been so wrong about a strain.

I'll post back in a mo or so when shes settled in.

cheers

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
I have found that I usually build up a tolerance to indicas very quickly. Sativas seem to have more tolerance free strains but I'm sure there are some no tolerance indicas.

hamstring

Veteran
Thanks for the replies

It nice to see the different experiences that everyone has had and looks like there has been some strains that have lived up to the moniker of "No tolerance build up"

I am an outdoor grower so have never had the ability to grow any of the real good sativas but would like too.

If anyone has any "No tolerance build up" strain favs I would love to hear them.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can recommend Mr Nice Seeds Afghan Haze , this one was tolerance free over a 3-4 month period of daily smoking - you have to do some heavy indica at night to get the eyes closed :D but yeah as somebody said above ... , its individual ... , everyone is different

:wave:

Fj

C21H30O2

Veteran
hamstring said:
Thanks for the replies

It nice to see the different experiences that everyone has had and looks like there has been some strains that have lived up to the moniker of "No tolerance build up"

I am an outdoor grower so have never had the ability to grow any of the real good sativas but would like too.

If anyone has any "No tolerance build up" strain favs I would love to hear them.
check out ssh or kali mist. both i think are doable outside. there are some great hybrids that should do the trick too. Blue sonja is very good and i grew her outside this past season.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I have yet to smoke a strain that i have not built up a tolerance too. Most of the weed that goes around here in socal doesnt get me high anymore. I mean i get buzzed but not stoned off my ass. Only thing that gets me high everytime i smoke it is bho.

C21H30O2

Veteran
^^ keep searching guys they are out there. Just very rare which makes sense as most of what we smoke today comes from 3 strains and most is indica. From literally hundreds of strains I have seen 3 maybe 4 and I regularly make rounds to the clubs and my dealer to see whats up... always searching for that unforgettable high. There are a couple strains where all i have to do is say the name and my friends all get silent from reflection. Focus on landrace sativas, they need to make a come back.

metamorf

I agree on the Star... White Rhino is hard to not get medicated from even after an extended period of smoking.

swampthing

trainwreck arcata cut closest in my experience... (but i never got that ripped off it in the first place)

worste IMO is the banana... even tho the first time it def gets the job done

just my own experience

-swampy

Seems most Sativa , when you get it gets you stoned off yer ass the first time
you smoke it and gradually, the overall high gets weaker. Most Indica strains
have a more balanced high, lasts longer and won't fade with use. Just smoked
the last of some bud from up north, indica dom, very stoney , no matter
how much you've already smoked.

swampthing

Orange Crush said:
Seems most Sativa , when you get it gets you stoned off yer ass the first time
you smoke it and gradually, the overall high gets weaker. Most Indica strains
have a more balanced high, lasts longer and won't fade with use. Just smoked
the last of some bud from up north, indica dom, very stoney , no matter
how much you've already smoked.

good observation

i guess now that you mention it i've noticed the same thing too

headband...we also found a cut of "chronic" in berkeley that is a real cut through strain..it dont matter what else you have smoked the this "chronic" still gets ya "higher"...

Latest posts

Latest posts