What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are aluminum grinders a health hazard?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Old thread...

I literally take a nug between my thumb and first two fingers, press gently and then move my fingers sideways. I end up with a pile of frosty bits of flower and it is simple to remove the single stem. This is because of a variable referred to as 'frangibility.' ;)

I still fully believe it is unhealthy to use an aluminum grinder. Does it show wear on the posts? If the answer is yes then the post material is in your cannabis and will not be so healthy. Be smart, say no to inhaling heated aluminum. ;)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No Alum grinder should add shavings in your weed. If it does one or more teeth are bent, its time to replace it. Grinding weed should never bend any tooth on a quality grinder. The tolerance gap between ea tooth is a lot.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots are using wakit grinders. They are the popular choice at the moment. I still use my decade old space case. No issues with it.

Wakit

Space case

That's insanity! $100-160 for a grinder?

... A fool and his money are soon parted

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's insanity! $100-160 for a grinder?

... A fool and his money are soon parted
Do you mean the space case? I bought mine 10+ years ago for 20$.. As we all know you can't buy anything at the same prices as just a few months back. You can expect to pay double for anything today.

If you use google they are available on ebay for the same 20$ price. Just don't buy from China. Prob fake.

Last edited:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you mean the space case? I bought mine 10+ years ago for 20$.. As we all know you can't buy anything at the same prices as just a few months back. You can expect to pay double for anything today.

If you use google they are available on ebay for the same 20$ price. Just don't buy from China. Prob fake.
Yeah I'm talking about the space case. On their website it lists small grinders for $100 and large grinders for $160, that seems greedy and unreasonable to me. I've dealt with my fair share of crappy grinders but I think the most I'd pay for a good grinder is $40.

Latest posts

Latest posts