What's new

What do the clubs want?

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I was just wondering what strains the clubs want. Do they want unique strains or is it the same old, same old PK, GDP, Hindu Kush, Ak47, blah blah blah ect ect.

Whenever I go to the club I see a few unique strains and then a bunch of strains that everyone knows. Are rarer or unique strains in demand at all?

What strains are in demand?

anikas88

whenever i go to clubs...i see most people ask for the KUSHES, after that anything purple is in high demand, Im in OC, but i go to long beach or la most of the time

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
How boring... I mean the few "unqiue" kushs are kinda cool. But its not like they're looking for something like Dj shorts Cocoa (however you spell it) or Pot of gold or blue mystic or many other, somewhat unheard of strains as far as people off the net go.

It seems like we're are very spoiled in the sense that we have access to so many unique strains on this and many other sites. These people seem to be limited in their choices and knowledge of strains.

Co-ops don't necessarily grow their own. They do grow some of it, but they're still buying it all the time. A local one I know goes through 10 pounds of ak47 every 2 weeks. I doubt they're pulling the numbers to keep up with the demand. Not to mention, they always run out of strains and want more, but you don't see more for at least a couple months, if not longer.

MedResearcher

Veteran
Whatever they can get there hands on imo.

There is a price for everything, if it doesnt have a name they will make one up^^

The time and energy it takes to produce top quality makes it hard for anyone to keep up with the demand.

queg

jim dankness said:
in my experience, they generally seem to want whatever it is you don't have.

LOL!

I'm still looking for a club willing to carry sativa's.

Problem with the clubs for me is most "medical" (and trendy) strains knock out the head and numb the body. Even the ubiquitous Trainwreck is a heavy head. While they are good for many ailments (I use PK as a replacement for Valium), it doesn't relieve my migraines as much as an up and clear sativa. I end up chasing the toke with Cafergot or Excedrine Migraine which kind of defeats the purpose of medicating with mj.

Unfortunately I'm in the minority about this. Fortunately, I have a personal stash of Apollo 11, Kali Mist, and Malawi Gold.

HIGHINSP

headband...the real headband...not the re-named sour dee called headband...the big round nugs fat and frosty...high

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
If I had a dispensary, I would only stock hash, and closed 23/7.

clowntown

Veteran
queg said:
I'm still looking for a club willing to carry sativa's.
When I visited a few clubs in NorCal a couple years back, there were a couple that carried it. CMC in SF is one; BPG in Berkeley is another. I'm sure there are others, but I was a total noob at the time and didn't know what was what. :redface:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
anikas88 said:
whenever i go to clubs...i see most people ask for the KUSHES, after that anything purple is in high demand, Im in OC, but i go to long beach or la most of the time
lol thats right. they ask for kush, then they want anything purple.. sativa, indica they dont care. just purple. everyone hates larf.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
There are a lot more people smoking ego(elite or purple) strains then there are smoking med strains. While THC does have medical properties, CBD has even more, and there are few strains out there that have any quantity of CBD.

clowntown

Veteran
Is purple big enough of a deal that clubs will pay more for it?

Or is the demand not that high for vendors, that they'll only buy primarily / largely purple strains? As in, if you walked in with some green dank, there's a good chance you'd be turned down? :nono: :fsu:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
From my experience clubs go by look/bagapeal more than anything. If its coverred in crystals and looks good they will pay for it.

Jeff Lebowski said:
I have to agree that as a patient they are urging people towards the Kush's, purple plant matter, and if I ever have to hear how "bomb" someone's OG is I am going to flip out. I am so done with OG's, so far they are sort of disappointments to me.

Are the kushes not any more potent than the other offerings, or do you just get tired of them after a while and want more variety?
:rasta:

G

one reason most sativa is kept by who ever grew it is the miserable yeild. some *pure sats/hazes ive ran have only produced a half lb per 1k light, which is pitiful, and would be too expensive to sell to other vendors and patients. this is unfortunate cause everyone should be able to mix in some nice sativa in their diet, most of my friends have never smoked a pure sativa in 10 yrs of toking.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
if you want to sell some dank smoke give the club owner a gram or so of what you have to sell and let your work do the talking. If its a dank out of this world sativa he would be a fool not to buy it. the kush craze seems to be mainly in socal because in norcal people know their sativas.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
CocoNuts said:
one reason most sativa is kept by who ever grew it is the miserable yeild. some *pure sats/hazes ive ran have only produced a half lb per 1k light, which is pitiful, and would be too expensive to sell to other vendors and patients. this is unfortunate cause everyone should be able to mix in some nice sativa in their diet, most of my friends have never smoked a pure sativa in 10 yrs of toking.
try growing vertically with the sativas to increase yield.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
honestly its all about kush in so cal.. hate to say it caus i lov so many other gentics -- but the only thing that normally looks well grown is the kush -- but more and more im seeing it low graded into "kommercial kush" grown in massive greenhouse upnorth...

Latest posts

Latest posts