What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sad harvest this year

G

Sorry I SUCK at taking pics so please be nice? :wave:

So I was real busy this year and didn't have the time I needed to take proper care of my girls :spank: F**KING spidermites got in my GH and killed my 4 biggest plants :cuss:

The strains that nmade it seem to be more mite resistent than the one's that didn't survive. :cuss:

This is what i have left
Purple Bastard= Black Russian x Double Purple Doja ( thanks Jaws)
MTF
Airbourne G-13
Amnesia-99 ( Thanks MGJ)

AG-13

AM-99

MTF

AM-99

PB

MTF

PB

AM-99

AG-13

This will at least get me by for a little while and it is all killer smoke. :headbange

GCG

SURVIVAL

~ Everything has its reason in every season ~ Bob Marley

At least your crop didn’t get stolen like mine did... :badday:

S

ScrogHog

SURVIVAL said:
~ Everything has its reason in every season ~ Bob Marley

At least your crop didn’t get stolen like mine did... :badday:

I feel for you bro my only 2 plants got ripped.

G

:wave: Thanks NorCalChron it's all great smoke and I know I'll enjoy it :rasta:

SURVIVAL that's SUCKS bro :cuss: In a way though most of my crop did get ripped by those mites!!!! So I know how you feel bro.

GCG

A.N.Other

i feel your pain!

enjoy what's left it all sounds wicked. it's a little comfort but it's always good to know what strains are hardy against such pains-in-the-arses as spider mites so you are helping the whole community in that respect!

:wave:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
garlic city gro said:
:wave: Thanks NorCalChron it's all great smoke and I know I'll enjoy it :rasta:

SURVIVAL that's SUCKS bro :cuss: In a way though most of my crop did get ripped by those mites!!!! So I know how you feel bro.

GCG
dang buddy srry to hear this again man them mite must dislike you something can you get them hotshot pest strips ??. if you cant i can and would be willing to send ya a few for next season or even run :)

your survivers look good

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry 2 hear GCG....dang pitty my friend...:badday:

G

the plants look fine but the pictures are absoulute crap... can't you take a descent pic? :nanana: hehe j/k

not bad at all considering you're battlin the mites from hell. the pb looks to be pretty resistent and chunked up nice... the smoke is good too :joint:

you have a nice stash of killer strains there that should hold you over for a while. how are the indoor plans coming together?

Last edited:
G

had my battle with those monster mites this summer also. I wish somebody would think of something to kill them in the flower stage without poisoning the smoker.

Smoke68

Salt, habanero peppers, vineger all blended together and sprayed onto problem areas... has anybody thought about gasses... such as CO2'ing the little bastards to death... maybe fire a paintball gun without balls in the chamber at problem spots... idk, in the field SM removal?

G

Them mites,do not like rain! The only time I have seen mites outside, when there is a dry spell. When it did finly rain,it raind for a few days and the mites were gone.(all most all of them) We all know it does not rain inside,it is mother nature way of keeping all small bugs in check.
Has eneyone tried just washing them off.(with a shower nozle) If you do it 3 or 4 days in a row, you could get rid of most of them.
Just a thought.

DBD

G

:wave: Thanks for all of the replies. I've tried everything known to man to try and kill these bastards for a couple of years now and nothing works :cuss:I had 5 no-pesty strips in there and they were so potent all they did was burn my plants, didn't kill 1 mite :cuss:

A.N. Thanks buddy they are all some wicked strains for sure :muahaha: I'm happy to have the little bit that's left.

:wave: Thanks Major my plan is to chop all of my plants down after harvest and start fresh. My problem is that they are coming from the yard. I live in an agricultural area and they are everywhere.

:rasta: Hey Core thanks bro :wave:

:spank: Forty I had to spank your a$$ for your typical smart a$$ reponse :spank: Didn't you read the first line of this thread I suck at taking pics?????? :bashhead: LMAO I guess this means you will have to be my official photographer and take pics for me :muahaha: I've been busy so the addition to the indoor room has been put on hold for now, I will get to it at the end of this week hopefully? Thanks bro.

grizz I feel your pain bro :fsu: There is actually a new product out that I'm going to try it's called Azatrol. It supposedly does wonders with killing those monsters?Thanks

Smoke68 Thanks for the tip bro, but trust me I've been fighting these little bastards for over a year now and nothing works so far :confused:

GCG

G

Spider mites SUCK ASSSSSSSS!

Spider mites SUCK ASSSSSSSS!

Holy fuk dude???

Those are the WORST PEST PERIOD.
One word WILL HELP,AVID!!!
Got $$$$$$$ then get avid and done for good!

Little details about the grow would be good???
You growin in that greenhouse outdoors??
Man if they grow ok in that place,you can beat them mites! :spank:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
i feel for u brother/sister!!!!!
greenhouses + mites = hell...
...we have an extremely severe infestation and can relate... however, usually mites are only a life-threatening problem in the beginnin of the season...once the plants start to take off they seem to 'outrun' the mites :confused: and man our mites are crazy! super-mites if there ever was such a thing...they LAUGH at insecticidal soaps and neem and just get STRONGER :(

the only solution is removing all non-mj plants form within, bleach cleaning top to bottom, and releasing bug bombs or industrial grade spider mite poison before the next run...

best of luck next year and thanks for sharin your stuff here with us all :) mind me askin what PB stands for?
TIA
be well :wave:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
Lougrew! said:
Those are the WORST PEST PERIOD.
nope. worst pest period are the catepillars that ate through the insides of the tops of my deepchunks, filled them with excrement, and caused nasty budrot/mold/fungal infection throughout the crop. at the harvest festival this past weekend i was breaking up a nice purple top i thought was mold-free and in it was a webby white material....figured hmm probably just spider or mite webbing...ok....:no:NOPE!:no: it was catepillar slime! :badday: and a big fat nasty green catepillar was inside the bud i was about to smoke :( just squirming around like crazy... not to mention the fact that i had eaten a 4 hit sample of alex grey blotter an hour or two before the incident! :yikes: LOL! what an experience that was! was pretty ****in raunchy! so yeah, mites aint the worst ol' boy! im scarred for life after THIS fiasco!!! :biglaugh: :fsu:

G

:wave: Thanks Lou. I've been trying to get rid of them. I live in Cali and Avid is hard to get , but I'm sure if i look hard enough I can?

here's a link to my GH thread I've grown in it for the last 3 years now.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=30207

ethereal I feel you bro :cuss: sounds like we both have the same strain of mites? Nothing short of an A-bomb will kill these bastards :fsu:

PB stands for purple bastard Black russian x double purple doja I got the cross from my friend Jaws.

Thanks
GCG

you know, you can buy lady bugs and shit by the thousands for like 30 bucks....get a bag and see if they dont help you out...just return the favor whenever you smoke one, blow them shotguns! ahah

G

captredeye said:
you know, you can buy lady bugs and shit by the thousands for like 30 bucks....get a bag and see if they dont help you out...just return the favor whenever you smoke one, blow them shotguns! ahah

Thanks captredeye I've tried that and they can't even keep up with the mites.

GCG