What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whose got the Skunk?

there goes edro

Veteran
In a cannabis world dominated by OG this and Chemdawg that I need a recommendation for a good ole Skunk. Was interested in TFDs The Pure but havent heard anything good from them or Sensi for a couple of years. Also eyed Female Seeds Skunk Special but just didnt see alot of info about it. Any suggestions?

Cool Moe

Veteran
not sure if you're set on skunk the strain or skunk the smell but if it's smell loudog's casey jones x sour bubble smells like a pack of ripe hippies on the last day of a 3-day grateful dead dance a thon with no a.c.

Mr_Grimbo

I can't verify the lineage but we have a cut that was labeled Island Sweet Skunk but I don't know who the breeder would have been but a lot of our stuff I do know came from a guy who brought gear back from Amsterdam...

Anyway, It is a great Indica with huge single cola tendencies, very frosty, an average producer. The taste is the key, old school with the whisp of skunk but reading here lately I fear by turning over mothers we may have had some genetic drift. Still, it's right up there with the taste of Trainwreck or Wonder Diesel as far as nice old school goes. Reminds me of the single cola stuff that used to come out of Cali back in the 80's...

Mr. Grimbo

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good question edro, im a big skunk fan, grew up w some very good skunk and i have always wanted a skunk that smelled like the animal, like ACTUAL skunk smell....

N

noyd666

hi edro. ilove skunk one, pure etc planet skunk, sells em. skunk one will go 12 feet or more in shed , or outside. white skunk
sensi skunk.
ruderalis skunk
skunk kush
super skunk.

Last edited:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Geisel

MSS X CHem D

163573d1193864132-giesel-chemd-x-mss-dank-nuggets-gieselnug.jpg

I want her bad, sounds skunky as it gets

there goes edro

Veteran
Although Im not able to have clones at the moment its a guarantee that when I do the right Skunk pheno will have a permanent residence in my stable. So many fond memories of that classic 80s Skunk that had us giglin like school girls at recess. Ah Skunk!!!!!!!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a Seedsman Skunk going, looks real good but I cannot tell how stinky it is as all the other plants reek too.

This is from Sam the Skunkman's stuff, but he bred the stink out of it and made it 'sweet'.

I agree with the bugman... BC Cannacopia's BC Roadkill x deepchunk... I ordered 10 regs and got 6 fems and all germinated. Out of these one Was sweet skunk, one a mango skunk, and a sour smelling skunk, and one finished within 48 days turning purple with lots of resin. Two other fems were just kinda skunky but more sweet. Here's a picture of the purple one....i call it purple chunk and it smells like skunky butter!

IMG_4298.jpg

If you look close you will notice the "leaf bud" on the larger fan leaf.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I can't verify the lineage but we have a cut that was labeled Island Sweet Skunk but I don't know who the breeder would have been but a lot of our stuff I do know came from a guy who brought gear back from Amsterdam...

Anyway, It is a great Indica with huge single cola tendencies, very frosty, an average producer. The taste is the key, old school with the whisp of skunk but reading here lately I fear by turning over mothers we may have had some genetic drift. Still, it's right up there with the taste of Trainwreck or Wonder Diesel as far as nice old school goes. Reminds me of the single cola stuff that used to come out of Cali back in the 80's...

Mr. Grimbo

Humm I have had ISS many times and not once did I smell skunk in her.?? So I guess it depends on who has what .. I do agree about our sweet Trainwreck here in BC .stay safe headband 707:)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Humm I have had ISS many times and not once did I smell skunk in her.?? So I guess it depends on who has what .. I do agree about our sweet Trainwreck here in BC .stay safe headband 707:)

ime:
iss has no "skunk" like animal smell, it is a SWEET strain, as it sais in the name, sweet skunk.
i think what we are talking about here is the NASTY skunk. Road kill skunk certainly has the name right, b ut does it smell like a dead skunk?

Mr_Grimbo

ime:
iss has no "skunk" like animal smell, it is a SWEET strain, as it sais in the name, sweet skunk.
i think what we are talking about here is the NASTY skunk. Road kill skunk certainly has the name right, b ut does it smell like a dead skunk?

Yes, you and Headband are right. I think I really missed the point of the thread before I answered and the significance of the term "Skunk".. I do remember the Skunk weed, I never really liked it as when it was around, I was still getting the Golds and other exotic imports and was not happy at all with any of this "new" green, seedless stuff costing 60 bucks a quarter:)

Sorry, Mr. Grimbo