What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bondage - a way to control your ladies

R

rüdiger

Hello my friends!

I want to show you a way to control stretch and height with your long flowering sativa ladies.

I call it Bondage.

-all we need is a wire(stainless or plastic covered)

The technique is easy, start wrapping the wire around the stem from below, so you get an upward spiral around it.

When done, one can now bend or twist or crop in all kinds of way with the plant staying like this afterwards.

example on Zamaldelica #5, she was too stretchy:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

rüdiger

Here is PurplehazeThai #3, spiralled:

picture.php
picture.php

Group, enjoying the Bondage:

picture.php

I hope this could be helpful!

:bongsmi:rüdiger

Nice!

Spiral comes to mind. Dont know how it is easy to make one but i think it would be quite beneficcial.

I will definetely try this one out soon as needed.

PAW

Wow. So you multi-break the stem... Does it make any difference with the yield afterwards? I might try this technique for my haze bonsais! Thanx for the tip!!

orfeas

Veteran
Morgen, Ruedy!

Nice trick indeed!
However, there is such a difference with the size of my Jamal Hash and the number of side branches that doesn't allow for such manipulation and consequently I can only resort to Prokrustes technique:biggrin:, which I have already started applying. But, like I said in my thread, the lady is going to give me a real pain in the neck behaving almost like Lernaean Hydra...
Now, I can only hope that stressing her so much won't result in hermaphroditism...

:tiphat:Orfeas

R

rüdiger

Wow. So you multi-break the stem... Does it make any difference with the yield afterwards? I might try this technique for my haze bonsais! Thanx for the tip!!

The breaking or bending points will heal up while the wire holds the position.
It will give a better yield due to more even canopy and better use of effective enlightened space(shorter internodal spacing).
When it is used on a scrog type plant from start of vegetatve phase, there is no net necessary to train.

Nice!

Spiral comes to mind. Dont know how it is easy to make one but i think it would be quite beneficcial.

I will definetely try this one out soon as needed.

PAW

Spiral is made by spinning the whole plant around a tube of your chosen spiral diameter.
Then remove the tube.

People dont top sativas anymore?
Or is this 12/12 from seed?

I dont top them in a sog setup. most dont do that in sog;-)
Its from clone(non mature) in my case.
But this technique can be also used on topped, bigger single plants, especially when you have height restrictions and dont want to use a net.

Stronger branches need a stronger wire then.

btw, killer sig.

Morgen, Ruedy!

Nice trick indeed!
However, there is such a difference with the size of my Jamal Hash and the number of side branches that doesn't allow for such manipulation and consequently I can only resort to Prokrustes technique:biggrin:, which I have already started applying. But, like I said in my thread, the lady is going to give me a real pain in the neck behaving almost like Lernaean Hydra...
Now, I can only hope that stressing her so much won't result in hermaphroditism...

:tiphat:Orfeas

Ja, your right, there is nothing i could help you now anymore.:biggrin:
Watch your head when reaching Κηφισσός!
In case you want to bend..., flat steel n cableties:biggrin:

Last edited:
D

DoubleDDsNuggs

doesn't the wire grow into the plant as the stalk thickens? I tied down a plant once and the plant stalks eventually filled up the space from the wire that was holding it down and it looked as if the plant stalk was strangled.

R

rüdiger

doesn't the wire grow into the plant as the stalk thickens? I tied down a plant once and the plant stalks eventually filled up the space from the wire that was holding it down and it looked as if the plant stalk was strangled.

When you dont fasten the wire at the ends and lay a small straight over each node it usually wont grow into the stem, but this depends on
the growth that is to expect after bondaging. The wire could also be removed, when the bends and breaks are healed, just used to fixate position while training the plant.
Stainless does not harm when grown in, imho.

:tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Interesting, classic bonsai.

Here's what I did, un-topped Zamaldelica cutting, flowering days unknown:

picture.php

R

rüdiger

intresting, classic lst;)
but also bondage:biggrin:

i appreciate recycling and your container size:tiphat:

Sisu

Veteran
I use LST often, sometimes in combo with topping, mostly not these days though.

Very clever rüdiger, thanks for sharing :tiphat:

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I saw the title and was like, "what crackpot idea is this now?" then I saw the pictures and my jaw hit the floor. Really good work man :) subbed for the ride :)

Waldgeist

Hello my friends!

I want to show you a way to control stretch and height with your long flowering sativa ladies.

I call it Bondage.

-all we need is a wire(stainless or plastic covered)

The technique is easy, start wrapping the wire around the stem from below, so you get an upward spiral around it.

When done, one can now bend or twist or crop in all kinds of way with the plant staying like this afterwards.

example on Zamaldelica #5, she was too stretchy:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php