What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it worth the risk to bring back Afghani landraces from a deployment?

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I guarantee that you won't be x-rayed, the cost and time required for them having to x-ray every person would be ridiculous. I couldn't think of a single reason why they would do that.

Mailing is the way to go, the pen idea is great, though also just buying some local warez like pottery or something and mailing that back. i don't think souvenirs would arouse any suspicion, plus it would give you plenty of room to hide whatever is needed. Just mailing pens would be a little strange, so try something that would make sense for you to send home. Maybe buy some pens that had some foreign writing or some cool design.

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
you really want a black mark on your record(may be even be dishonorably discharged). for a handfull of seeds.just spend a couple hundred bucks and order afgani stains from a few seed sites when your out of the service.

thats not the same thing, he is looking for actual landraces, not readily available "afgani" seeds off the internet.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Got family in Affganistan and they have mailed tons of seeds too me from the front. Dont chance bringing it in person. Too risky!

delerious

use the mail as described above. all dogs, including drug sniffing dogs, HATE the smell of common black pepper we use to season our food. they turn theirs noses away from the black pepper scent. when you have packed the seeds securely, place them in a small, sealable baggie, sprinkle in a generous amount of black pepper, seal the package and mail it.

Depending on the dog handler - that could be a reason for further examination. You don't want the dogs reacting at all (in this circumstance). Sure black pepper may be used as food seasoning, but if a cursory inspection doesn't reveal food, a closer examination may take place. You might also want to consider what items are mailable because it isn't going to do any good to hide seeds with or in food if they are prohibited from mailing - you might not get caught, but you're not going to get the item mailed either.

grimweeder

you can buy the afghanistan strains from the real seed company, they import them from afghanistan and come from the farmers over there the main one they grow is mazar i shariff, i think sheberghan is there to but dunno the region. im growin some of these out now, you may aswell get the seeds shipped to you as they are the same thing youl get out there. but yea no point riskin tryin to import seeds yourself it may be possible but i dont see the point when you can buy them for probably less than $25 per pack,theres only one company that actually sells the real deal tho,
im in the uk so its easier for me to get em. but jus do a google for the real seed company there should be a vendor/distributor thatl ship to you.

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
you can buy the afghanistan strains from the real seed company, they import them from afghanistan and come from the farmers over there the main one they grow is mazar i shariff, i think sheberghan is there to but dunno the region. im growin some of these out now, you may aswell get the seeds shipped to you as they are the same thing youl get out there. but yea no point riskin tryin to import seeds yourself it may be possible but i dont see the point when you can buy them for probably less than $25 per pack,theres only one company that actually sells the real deal tho,
im in the uk so its easier for me to get em. but jus do a google for the real seed company there should be a vendor/distributor thatl ship to you.
Then that is no different than sending them back, only that in his case it would be free. If we are able to send seeds in the mail all over the world, than there should be no reason you can't. The military doesn't have any special 'seed seeking' device/dog, as long as they are concealed (a given) the normal shipping practices apply.

yes post the seeds to a safe address under another name. Use your imagination to send them in a stealthy fashion :) ie inside something. Having said that i would be more concerned about being deployed to afghanistan than being caught with seeds. If you have any seeds spare and you want to send me some i'd be happy to take a few :) Will you have ready access to the internet over there? Be careful over there and respect the locals. I'm particularly interested in any wild plants that you come across as i'm trying to find strains high in CBD.

peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make sure you use something that is crush proof. Like the ones The bay uses. The mal sorting maching wil crush the seeds.

G

greasehorse

I once pulled the waist string on my field jacket and a doob pulled out...

K

kannubis

5 can roll of snuff with plastic cans(skoal), fill center can after seeds are dry and can has been washed out

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
You need to plan ahead. What type of gear are they going to allow you to keep?
They will DA2062 you at your unit's S4 and you will know what you will be expected to return and what you will be able to keep.
Usually its whatever touches your skin and your boots along with a bag or two, hats,gloves etc. You should be able to effectively stash seeds in some of the gear you will be allowed to keep.
Im not saying you should plan on doing this. Personally I wouldnt .
Its not worth it. Come back clean and when you get out buy some seeds at the Boo or the Bay.

Happy Veterans Day, Soldier!
Capt. Ahab

daemos

I have some that were brought back by a soldier..he got them during a raid on a hash op.MJ grows wild right outside of most of the FOBs from what I'm told.

I would suggest mailing them home instead of trying to get past the Military customs as they often have K-9s on duty.

Come home safe soldier!

What - so foreighn soldiers are allowed or have been given permission to raid and shut down hash ops in afgahnistan? Did the afgahn government give permission for the soldiers to do this?

Sorry a little confused on this...

If this so then thats fucked up im sure there are alot of familys in Afgahnistan that make thier living from growing cannabis to make hash etc... and have done so for 100s of years then a foriegn agency from another country comes in and destroys thier lifes work.

I dont get it... can some one explain how this works.

Thanks!

indicasyndicate

Kannubis- are you saying to put the skoal back into the can afterwards? The smell of Grizzly Straight would almost vertainly turn a dogs head away regardless of what it was trained to do.
Ahab- We keep our flak jackets, kevlars (helmets), all of our clothing gear, basically all the things you would expect
What about mailing home an article of clothing that has had seeds sewn into the seams?
i really like the pen and corrugatyed plastic suggestions too. Corrugated plastic is pretty crushproof but the question then becomes, what do I use to hide the corrugated plastic or make it not seem odd that I am mailing it? Pens seem to have a lot of support but mailing home things that have more than one or two pens in them might arrouse suspicion. Daemos- I had heard that we werent messing with growers but that doesnt make it true or mean it wont change. If I have learned one thing about the branch of the military that I serve in, obedience is valued above all other things. It may very well be that I have to participate in burning a field while I am there. As much as that would pain me, I obviously cant make any comments about it or refuse to do it. There is also an outside chance that one of the fields that I procure beans from may belong to somebody who is playing for the other team. I cant imagine what you would even do with a strain that you got from some Taliban sympathizer that you just smoke-checked from 300 yards away with a 5.56mm.

D

djam

seeds aint shit , hide em anyplace and bring em back home .
Thank You for your service :)

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Ahab- We keep our flak jackets, kevlars (helmets), all of our clothing gear, basically all the things you would expect
What about mailing home an article of clothing that has had seeds sewn into the seams?
Thats how I did it coming home from Europe. Undid the seem of the hem of my pants, slipped the seeds in and sew it back up. There is a liitle "tube" where the hem is rolled and sewn that fits seeds very well. Put them in the front of your pants so you wont step on them if your pants go down a bit.

well it's not that signals intelligence doesn't know who you are, but it doesn't matter...tons of troops smoke weed when out of service....hope you push into the Kush region, sure by next fall you will find something...maybe even into Pakistan!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stayed high in (i hate the J word, lets call it lockup) w/doobs sewed into levis hems.

My friend, the risk as already been taken for us. There isn't anything to find that hasn't been, or can't be, found in the free world. Let it go.

Latest posts

Latest posts