What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace Grows & Seed Reproductions

Wow amazing and inspiring work you're doing here. I'm definitely going to follow suit. Which was your favorite between kumaoni and Nanda Devi? I've recently got a pack of Nanda, Kumaoni, Iranian, Nepalese, Mango Thai, and Kunar River from RSC. Definitely want to do some pheno hunting like you're doing. Have you experienced quicker flowering or nutrient deficiency issues with using such small container?

Beautiful work.

Land

Holderchert: Thanks for reaching out and following suit! Wee need as many people preserving landraces in pure form as possible these days. So I had some really good smelling females of Nanda Devi that smelled like malt for brewing beer and some that smelled like green laffy taffy. The Kumaoni had more of a citrusy floral bright type of smell which was also very very nice but my favorite was the Nanda Devi green laffy taffy genotype. As for using smaller containers, the plants are more stressed since the roots can't extend as much so the lower leaves turn yellow sooner and the plants are smaller in general.

Land

Highland Laos Seed Reproduction

Highland Laos Seed Reproduction

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Highland Laos[/FONT] from TRSC had descent resin descent terpene production. Genotypes ranged from quicker flowering with denser floral clusters to slower flowering with taller growth and thinner leaves. Live plants smelled of woody hazy aromas. The high is a paranoid type energizing high.[/FONT]

squatty

Beautiful work Land.

With you're Highland Laos, were you able to determine any that were less paranoid?

Sachiel

Hey Land,

first off, I got to say that your practical approach to these reproductions really inspired me! My question is how the Highland Laos performed under these stressful conditions. Did you get any intersex plants? How tall did they get?

Kind regards,

Sachiel

Land

Sachiel, I got one intersex plant that was taller than the rest of the plants. Most of the other plants were around 2.5 feet high while the intersex plant was around 3 feet high (during early flower).

Land

Pakistani Waziristan Seed Reproduction

Pakistani Waziristan Seed Reproduction

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pakistani Waziristan[/FONT] from TRSC had good resin and descent terpene production. Genotypes were overall consistent, some larger or smaller than others. Live plants had slightly sweet earthy aromas. The largest female smelled slightly like a red starburst. Smoke report coming. Large seeds developed rather quickly after pollination occured. One of the males pictured below had a lot of pollen and dense floral clusters.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]

Land

Congolese Seed Reproduction

Congolese Seed Reproduction

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]African Congolese[/FONT] from TRSC had mild resin and mild terpene production. Genotypes ranged in flower time however all plants smelled the same. Live plants smelled like celery. Plants started flowering more once the seeds ripened, more pistils appearing.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

funkyhorse

Hi Land
How does the congolese smoke?
What is the flowering days range for this strain?
Thank you very much for reports and have a nice day

Land

Hi Land
How does the congolese smoke?
What is the flowering days range for this strain?
Thank you very much for reports and have a nice day

Hi funkyhorse, the Congo has a strong mental effect that I could feel in my eyes and I sort of lost track of time as well. Nothing too crazy in regards to flavor. As for the flowering time... it took approximately 10 weeks for the seeds to ripen enough to harvest. However, the flowers were not fully developed so it could have flowered for longer.

Land

Moroccan Seed Reproduction

Moroccan Seed Reproduction

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]African Moroccan Ketama[/FONT] from TRSC had descent resin and terpene production.These are the most drought resistant cannabis plants I've ever grown. Aromas were spicy and not overly unique. These plants started flowering a bit later than expected in New England, USA, however there were still plenty of seeds that were able to develop enough before frost killed them to make them viable for preservation purposes.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts