What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grounding.

Mick

Veteran
This is a rave about Grounding and how it helps to get rid of inflammation and pain in the body. Inflammation is a precursor to disease, for example, arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, Parkinson's disease, and more may all be related to chronic inflammation in the body. Diet, lifestyle and being grounded can get your inflammation levels back to normal and so put you on the road to recovery. And it makes you feel awesome.
I've had a couple of injuries that just wouldn't heal; mountain bike shoulder and yoga knee and got interested in grounding as a way of healing. After 3 weeks my knee is normal again and my shoulder has full movement but still a little pain. It's gone from about 30% to 95% good.
It's hard to explain the way it's effected my life, but the best way to describe how I now feel is being “normal”, but a new kind of normal, where life is just buzzing right through and around me. It appears to be the missing link that I've been searching for my whole life.
The science is solid. The way a science nerd explained it to me is that when we become ungrounded, through wearing rubber soled shoes, carpet and lino in the house, etc, the flow of negative electrons from the earth and into our body is interrupted, and some of the side effects of that are inflammation, depression, blah, blah. We, and everything else on the earth, evolved to be in contact with it, so it's not so strange that we feel a bit shit when we're not. You may think you feel good as you are, but get grounded and you may realise that you've been mildly depressed your whole life. When you're grounded you're vibin' at the same frequency as the earth, which I think is mega cool.
I'm grounded about 80-90% of the day. I've made some basic grounding shoes with an old pair of runners and some copper wire, I've got a grounding blanket on my bed that plugs into any wall socket, but just uses the grounding wire, and I've got a couple of Velcros Grounding straps that go around a wrist or ankle for when I'm watching TV or on the computer and they plug into a socket too. You don't need to turn the switch on btw.
You can do some super cool experiments with a multi metre, like taking readings before and after you're grounded, and lots more. See what happens when you touch the tip of your tongue while grounded with someone elses tongue who's ungrounded.
I imagined that being grounded would somehow join my frequencey with the earth, but I'm told it's the other way around. When grounded the earth flows into you.
Obviously, the best and easiest way to be grounded is to walk barefoot on the earth, but that's not always possible.
Anyone suffering chonic disease or pain, or even healthy people who just want to feel better, should try this. Heaps of info on youtube or google.
When starting you may feel weird for days or a couple of weeks. I know someone who described how he felt as like being in a state of detox or something for about 3 weeks. I think that's because of the changes going on in your body. For the first 2 days I could feel the pain of many old injuries but on the the third day they were gone, also it messed with my sleep for a couple of weeks. I usually go to bed around 11 or 12, but for the first week I'd hit the sack at about 3-4 in the morning, get up at the same time as usual, but wake up feeling super alive and ready to go, which is in stark contrast to how I used to wake up, which was tired and foggy. Now I sometimes do a little 2 step on the way to the toilet and break into spontaneous song or dance when making breakfast.
Do yourself a favour and start vibin' it with planet earth :biggrin:
Almost forgot to mention that getting high for the first time while grounded was cosmic. It seems to take away any paranoia or anxiousness when super high.

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

Well that must explain why I feel so good when I get barefoot and butt naked and run through the woods.:biggrin: Then comes the time you think it's a big foot just to find out it's just Captain Morgan Dankness but they usually just see my big hairy ass running the other way.:biggrin:

growingcrazy

Mick, I did quiet a bit of study on this when I was renovating our current house... I installed all wood interior finishing's instead of drywall due to the electrical charge associated.

Everyone that stays at our home says it is the most peaceful place they have ever slept with the best nights sleep.

It is pretty amazing to not only feel the results, but hear the same from others as well.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I read some articles about this myself a while back.Many feel like Mick does with regards to feeling energised and more 'normal".

Probably nothing wrong with getting into it a little bit at a time either.Maybe that would help with the transition effects.

Good post Mick.

oldbootz

Veteran
I have leather sandals. Those are my only shoes. They are really comfortable and easy to come off when I want my feet on the ground. But it can get some strange looks at weddings and funerals.

troutman

Seed Whore
I have leather sandals. Those are my only shoes. They are really comfortable and easy to come off when I want my feet on the ground. But it can get some strange looks at weddings and funerals.

Like these? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

XXX_8734_1335217238_1.jpg

Mick

Veteran
Mick, I did quiet a bit of study on this when I was renovating our current house... I installed all wood interior finishing's instead of drywall due to the electrical charge associated.

Everyone that stays at our home says it is the most peaceful place they have ever slept with the best nights sleep.

It is pretty amazing to not only feel the results, but hear the same from others as well.

Interesting that you should say that, for about 10 years I lived deeper in the mountains in a wood house, inside and out, and I felt the best I'd felt ever. It's been years since we lived there,and my son still says that was the best time of his life, even though and we were a bit isolated and he was very young. At the time I put it down in part to being an electronic dead zone with no mobile or TV reception. Lots of people commented on how chill the vibe was. Maybe you're right and it was all the wood. I feel the same way now through grounding.

Last edited:

Mick

Veteran
I read some articles about this myself a while back.Many feel like Mick does with regards to feeling energised and more 'normal".

Probably nothing wrong with getting into it a little bit at a time either.Maybe that would help with the transition effects.

Good post Mick.

Do it mate. It's really hard to describe the feeling. It's like everything is the same, but better, if that makes sense. Like living in a parallel universe where you do all the same things but the food tastes better, people are nicer, music sounds richer, laugh way more often, got more energy, you sleep better, getting high is a deeper experience, drinking a short black down the street and savouring the smell and taste is almost orgasmic. Speaking of which, I'm now horny as a billy goat. In the past when talking to a desirable woman, I'd try and pretend I was looking into her eyes but was way more interested in her breasts. These days my eyes are travelling way further south and instead focusing on her awesome nether regions:) They pick up on your energy too. Got my first ever fist pump today, and from a woman. Not sure if white people should fist pump, but anyway. Lately I've been getting the weird feeling that the trillions of microbes and bacteria that make up my body are buzzing along with me, so I'm learning to experience the flow of energy as a full body experience and not just in my head.
Happy trails.

Last edited:

Mick

Veteran
Well that must explain why I feel so good when I get barefoot and butt naked and run through the woods.:biggrin: Then comes the time you think it's a big foot just to find out it's just Captain Morgan Dankness but they usually just see my big hairy ass running the other way.:biggrin:

I've never run through the forest naked, but it sure sounds like a great idea. I'll think of you when I get naked :biggrin:

Last edited:

Mick

Veteran

Leather isn't very conductive when dry, but when your feet start to sweat it gets more conductive. I know someone who bought a pair of grounding sandals and they works great, but cost a lot. I made my grounding shoes with old runners and copper wire that runs through the holes I made in the sides, through the instep and under the shoe. I don't wear socks anymore so my instep is in direct contact with the copper wire, which in turn is in contact with the earth. Natural fibre socks would work. Dead easy to make and took me about half an hour to work out. The wire breaks a lot but only takes a minute or 2 to fix. Pavement wears out the wire fast so I only use them on the dirt or grass. Got to suss out a better method.