What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

91'chemdog

Good Ole Dog

Veteran
When someone gives you something like a elite cut and tells you that you are not to give it to anyone, it puts you in a precarious position. Of course you want to share it with the world but if you want your word to be worth anything, you might have to say no more than you might feel comfortable with.
I was never trying to hoard anything. Just be a man of my word. Looking back I would say It is a mistake not to pass a cutting around. Responsibly pass it around that is. In my area, the real cut got a bad rap because of all the fakes. Maybe if I would have dropped it on the community then the fakes would have been exposed before it was too late.
Now, It doesn't matter. The community has gotten smaller and I think reputations are more intwined with faces and names. So if one wants to show up to the party and propagate bullshit or a fake, then one does so at the risk of their reputation.
I gave it out to the few people I did because I wanted to make sure if something happened in my world the Strain would not simply disappear.
Or if i partnered up with someone, then naturally they received the cut. I guess I'm divided on the issue..

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
OK, look at this.

Exodus cheese was shared on the underground between ravers and hippies for almost two decades before it got picked up by a seed co, won a HT cup, everyone wanted it, a million fakes were spawned and inferior crosses produced.

Hype not sharing.

Not arguing any more.

Peace

Some say UK Cheese ain't Elite :moon: :biggrin:
Joke aside....

Of course if I had a rare cut, and share it with Mack10, Piff, and 4 other growers on icmag, with restriction, thats ok and IMO it is still hoarding the cut, keeping it in a few hands.

What I mean is when the cut hit the clubs scene, and get beated out, watered down and all the other bullshit that comes with it.

Sharing Elite cuts among serious growers, where herb is 100% illegal and where it is hard to get tuff genetics, ain't the same as doing it in CA or CO for instance.

I pretty sure Don Perignon will be pissed off to see his cepage on sells at Harboside :(

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Some say UK Cheese ain't Elite :moon: :biggrin:

The people running the fake BigBuddha ones! :biggrin:

Beautiful photos Good Ole Dog. As other's have said, she's such a distinct cut it will be easy to sort the imposters from the real deal. A bit like ecsd. Real distinctive bud structure.

Thanks for keeping her safe all these years. I wish you the best of luck with your plans.

Peace

mack 10

Veteran
Great pics again GoD. Really like that stubby head afghan bud shape, she shows a few distinct chem traits, such as the red vien's on the backside of the leaf. Very distinctive dark green look to the leafs with silver buds , but instead of growing long its super dense.
Keep those pics a-coming. we love to see them, Good Ole Dog.
Maybe some dry shots next ?

Good Ole Dog

Veteran
Sorry Ickis. I missed your post.
In my experience, there has been times when I felt like I couldn't get her to root consistently. But for the last 7-8 years. She'll throw down roots in 12 days. And almost always 100%
Now, I'm not sure if it's her or my methods changed (I've been doing the same process so long)
This reminds me, I should elaborate on the story of when I got her and what my old "friend" said to try and convince me NOT to grow her. Funny shit. And as if...

Good Ole Dog

Veteran
Thanks everyone. She's my labor of love. It's like a marriage at this point. Good years bad years, but we are still together. Real love.
You know, we, humans, lovers of plants, only have so much say in our fate. (Secret Life Of Plants)
These plants, are trying to survive. And we are just tools in that ultimate plan.
Think about it. She can't walk, she can't talk (verbally).
, but somehow this species has found a way to survive. Somehow found it's way too the right people. From the mountains, from the riverbeds.Not only protected from the extremes of nature, but time itself.. And if that's not amazing enough, she flourished during the "War on Drugs" or war on freedom as it's more accurately called.
To reward us for our due diligence, it fills or brain receptors with ganja goodness. Totally worth it.
skunkVA

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Sorry Ickis. I missed your post.
In my experience, there has been times when I felt like I couldn't get her to root consistently. But for the last 7-8 years. She'll throw down roots in 12 days. And almost always 100%
Now, I'm not sure if it's her or my methods changed (I've been doing the same process so long)
This reminds me, I should elaborate on the story of when I got her and what my old "friend" said to try and convince me NOT to grow her. Funny shit. And as if...

can't wait to hear this one brother :)

Ickis

Veteran
OMG on day 15 I have roots on 2 out of 12 cuts. Same way (peat pucks), same environment that never gave me any roots after a month and the clones died and shriveled. I just increased the temp 4 degrees since you mentioned they didn't like cold mack 10.

But now they need to actually be Chem 91. LOL!

Luckily for me I could easily live in a world with just Chem D and The White but some Chem 91 would be awesome to try.

Ickis

Veteran
I should take a pic so everyone can see how crappy a cut can get to looking and still push out some roots from a peat puck. Despite their pathetic appearance 3 more have roots today.

Latest posts

Latest posts