What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my first coco run, mom drip tray

brah

whats happenin' yall

heres a few shots i took of the girls and my setup as of yet, big thanks to some people around here helping myself and my buddy get this stuff going quicker...

heres the mom tray thats on drippers, they get fed canna coco a + b 3 times a day for 15 mins.

another side shot

the front view, you can see them all from this angle

the two in the back on either side are the pineapple c99's, in between those is our og kush cut, and up front babies are the thunderfuck x blockheads that just sprouted a few days ago

this is my first run with coco, and ive been getting pointers from ole abazabba , let me know if theres anything you guys would recommend, ive already got my 6 mil poly and am in the process of getting everything light proof and sealed off...

G

nice job on that drip setup =] now watch how quickly they blowup! Good luck!

brah

Indica Sativa said:
nice job on that drip setup =] now watch how quickly they blowup! Good luck!

I appreciate it IS!

yea the drip tray was fun to build, just went around and browsed local hardware stores and came up with what i needed just from an idea, the actual bins are the coolest thing i think, so heavy duty and rigid..

and then the 8way was snagged from a local irrigation shop, and they had all the 1/4 inch tubing and the spikes for the end of the hose ect.

snagged a pump online and here we are..

also, heres a dece closeup of the og clone, go girl go!

F

Father Time

i am watching this grow !

i have got a good number of, Wallyducks - Pineapple C99 f5's going into jiffy pots this morning,destined for the Coco as soon as ther ready.
Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

brah

Father Time said:
i am watching this grow !

i have got a good number of, Wallyducks - Pineapple C99 f5's going into jiffy pots this morning,destined for the Coco as soon as ther ready.
Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

WORD UP FT!!

also, i forgot to add, in the first pic you can in the background see my lonely empty ebb'n'flow table
:wave:

poor little guy is so lonely!!

Xtrakritical

Hey Brah!

Hey Brah!

Looking good man!!!
Hey those concrete mixing bins are cool, I have one of those I made ebb n flow, and it rockz! :)
with 6 inch square pots you can fill that table perfect.

The plants look happy!
Im guessing u had to order the canna nutes?
Im gonna give it a try soon also... along with the pk 13-14 booster towards the end.

also what brand coco are you using?

Keep up the good work!

Xtra

brah

Xtrakritical said:
Im guessing u had to order the canna nutes?
Im gonna give it a try soon also... along with the pk 13-14 booster towards the end.

also what brand coco are you using?

Keep up the good work!

Xtra

yea, i ordered the nutes, and picked up some of the pk 13-14 as well, not sure on the brand of coco, zabbster hooked it up..

and yea, those tubs r00l fayce

go girls!

thanks a ton with your help so far xtra, truely appreciate it man

G

wtf... why aren't our concrete bins that big... that tray ya have right there krit is 4 pots smaller than the damn ebb/flow tray I bought for like $80...

G

I'll pull up the easychair for this one....been eyeing drip systems here lately. Seen several...ok all of em...been getting better growth rates with it than I do with water to waste in coco, so I'm way interested.

Ono Nadagin

Yeah I have never seen one that big either, mine are 2'x3'x8.5"(h)

this is one with 6"x6" pots 7.5" tall

Last edited:

AbaZabba

heya all,

they are actually the same bins Ono (2'x3'x8.5") and our pots are exactly the same i believe (6"x6"x6.5")

the pineapple c99's have simply TAKEN OFF once they got to the coco. Also, the coco we bought were actually HUGE bricks that were found at a bargain price of $6 per bale. Soon after our purchase of 3 large bales and cheap shipping, the price went up to $12 a bale, imagine that. anyway, for those interested i think they are still a great deal and you get ALOT of coco out of these compressed bales....

http://www.gchydro.com/detail.asp?product_id=KILO

this site also has canna coco nutes 20% off and quick shipping, would definately do business with them again.

the MTFxBH's are just seedlings so they are not on the drip yet since the nute levels in the res would be a little hot for the little ones, so they are just getting hand watered with light nutes 1-2 times a day during lights on.

one a side note, coco is amazing :woohoo:

AbaZabba

we're reaching almost 1.5 weeks on the current res circulation and have not been experiencing any pH issues or increases throughout the week.

i know other re-circulating coco growers mentioned their pH raising the longer away from fill it is. pretty interesting but we're not going to complain.

coco is so simple and fast, will definately be using this stuff for a long time :smoker:

G

gdawg

:wave: lovin your setup, its exactly what i've been lookin for. the hand waterin thing gets out of control quick. lookin good :joint:

brah

gaiusmarius said:
great looking set up brah, your plants should take off in no time.
keep up the good work as they say.

thanks gaiusmarius!! the plants are indeed 'taking off!!' just as planned!!

gdawg said:
:wave: lovin your setup, its exactly what i've been looking for. the hand waterin thing gets out of control quick. lookin good
:joint:

dude, very simple construction, i recommend whenever you get a little time you get something crackin'!! everything was very simple to obtain from local hardware stores after a little browsing...and those tubs are 13 bucks @ lowes. ive been refering to these DIY tables as 'big boy legos', thats all they are...once you get everything picked out, its very easy to assemble and maintain...as far as what ive seen so far...i appreciate the props and stick around to keep watchin what happens!

stay tuned brahs and brahettes, sexy results will ensue!

brah

Eddie, NPK thanks for stopping by, we just put them in some huge 3.75 gals last night (the c99s) and everything else is just working out great...the og cut is completely raging, and the baby MTFxBH's are getting huge...

ill get some more pics up after the weekend!!

AbaZabba

Hey folks :wave:

Been a little while since an update happend so here are the gals a couple weeks later and much larger. brah's internet is being sticky so I went ahead and snapped these pics and uploaded them for him.

Last night we went ahead and took a tray full of cuts (12 pineapple c99 and 6 OG kush) to be put into flower as soon as they root. These will go in the empty ebb & flow table that was seen in the earlier pics. These girls and 'ladies to be' have simply been exploding in their coco drip set up (fed 3X day for 15 mins), there was even more cuts that needed to be taken but no room.

On the second res refill, Canna coco A & B @ 10 ml / gal and pH'ed to approx 5.8-6.

Anywho, here are some pics, any comments and questions are welcomed:

sample cut of OG

drip tray after the haircut of the back row beauties

MTFxBH pheno #1

MTFxBH pheno #2

OG kush lady

pineapple c99 #1

pineapple c99 #2

tray of cuts and 2 Lifesaver X mikado feminised seedlings

ol' brah displaying the fan leaf face

that's all for now, more updates and pics to come when the cuts root, hopefully we can slow these girls in veg down hehe

Latest posts

Latest posts