Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > best way to pull light dep tarp?

Thread Title Search
best way to pull light dep tarp? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2017, 04:10 AM #21
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough
I can upload close up pictures of how everything is installed when it's light out. If you want to see some videos, emerald kingdom greenhouses uses the same motors and stuff. Farmtek sells the motors. They are all over ebay.
A bunch of local greenhouse companies use the same system. It rolls up as down. Anyone using a rolling system uses those motors. The arm hinge is literally a bolt.

It works well and it's sooo simple stupid. It's never gotten stuck. I haven't had to make repairs and non of my friends have either, but it's so crazy simple you can do the repairs yourself cheap. I have only had it for a couple years so I don't know how long motors last for but so what if it craps out on the third year. The motors are less then 200$ to replace. Call it maintenance cost.

I had to buy a kit from emerald kingdom to find out how easy it is and how taxed it was.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:59 PM #22
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:09 PM #23
CrushnYuba

Excuse the ladder and wires and stuff. Not running for the winter. Everything is tied up or taken in for the winter storms.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:19 AM #24
Rekoj

Rekoj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
Excuse the ladder and wires and stuff. Not running for the winter. Everything is tied up or taken in for the winter storms.
I believe I've found the motors you're referring to. Anywhere I can see how to actually set it up? Wanted to do a small light dep in a couple 10x50 PVC hoop houses this summer and this would undoubtedly be worth the extra coin.
Rekoj is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 03:52 AM #25
doublejj

doublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of lightdoublejj is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekoj View Post
I believe I've found the motors you're referring to. Anywhere I can see how to actually set it up? Wanted to do a small light dep in a couple 10x50 PVC hoop houses this summer and this would undoubtedly be worth the extra coin.
^^this^^^

Old 02-09-2017, 04:16 AM #26
Rekoj

Rekoj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejj View Post
^^this^^^
Just found this, detailed link to the motors in the video comments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLvqbOxpoog&t=14s
Rekoj is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 06:13 PM #27
stone meadow

stone meadow will become famous soon enough
there's the two motors and a controller
stone meadow is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM #28
CrushnYuba

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Greenhouse-cur...%257Ciid%253A1

Old 02-09-2017, 07:11 PM #29
CrushnYuba

That's them.. But awfully expensive. I got a set off ebay for 170 each. Grizzly hill in Nevada city and emerald kingdom in redding both used to sell them for 199. Not sure if they still do. They are sold as greenhouse roll up side motors or shade motors allot.
These motors are rad. They have 2 dials built into them that controls how many revolutions they make before they stop. You don't need a controller. You basically just need timers. I have an old wiring diagram from emerald kingdom from before they used controllers I'll see if I can find.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:47 PM #30
CrushnYuba

This weekend I'm building a greenhouse. I'm going to take some pictures through out. I'm having some tax problems so I'm starting a greenhouse company to keep the tax man paid. Going to build a handful of them and sell a few kits. We are going to do it for less then half the cost of the next cheapest gh manufacturer using the same materials. We just bend the steel tubing ourselves.

Rekoj: it would be hard to get this system to work with pvc. Not impossible though.