What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpinator Oil Builder - Terpene Maximizer Test Run from RhizoFlora

Pomodoro

triacontonol is in the plant wax and is an extracted botanical, possibly could be considered organic. I can say for sure that TRIA will increase trichs, size and quantity and smell.

SativaBreather

Veteran
thats interesting, I am using triacontanol now
can you tell me more of your experience with it please? how you use it and results etc
thanks

sorry messed up my quoting
I am asking Pomodoro

SativaBreather

Veteran
triacontonol is in the plant wax and is an extracted botanical, possibly could be considered organic. I can say for sure that TRIA will increase trichs, size and quantity and smell.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]thats interesting, I am using triacontanol now
can you tell me more of your experience with it please? how you use it and results etc
thanks
[/FONT]

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Bump on this. Even if somebody says something is Organic I'm still going to set the bottle down if it says it's derived from Potassium Sulfate. I would like to hear more about this product and how this could possibly be derived from something organic. Thanks.

Granger2

Veteran
Who,
On Potassium Sulfate. Depends on the source. The K2SO4 in Earth Juice Meta-K is from a mined source which, like any rock pwd, is acceptable for organic production. Mined can be purchased in pwd form online. -granger

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Who,
On Potassium Sulfate. Depends on the source. The K2SO4 in Earth Juice Meta-K is from a mined source which, like any rock pwd, is acceptable for organic production. Mined can be purchased in pwd form online. -granger

Forgive my ignorance but when you say PWD does that mean powder?

Thanks

day 26 of flower with terpinator, it def looks like its making a difference...
picture.php

J1

Is there any mention of Methyl Jasmonate or Jasmonates in this product, because they are known to increase terpene & trichome production, well there is evidence that Jasmonates increase certain terpenes like limonene & decrease others I am not sure or can't remember the terpenes that were decreased, but regardless of that every post I see on using Jasmonates gives positive evidence to an increase of smell/terpene production & to a certain extent trichome number

Does anyone know if Terpinator can be sourced overseas?

pulspc

i just bought bottle of terpinator, this is what i think it is, just an opinion not science ok, and this is why, in late grow and at harvest i started experiementing based on ideas of terpines from this dude icemud and his youtube, took half cup casting, tsp+molasses, half cup tiny larf buds +6weeks old, put in magic bullet, blend, bubble for 24 hours, etc, my idea was to try to make a source for terpines, so sugar castings and larf, let the bacteria break down the plant oils and feed the plant what it realy needs at end which are terpine building blocks, similar to adding amino acids to a protein shake post workout, well i prayed this would not kill them all and did whole crop at first watering post flush when plants would b hungry for nutes, and watered with this immature larf tea, then water for 12 days, only one grow, so results are in the "i remember oh wow this was so epic,,,,," and it is weed, k,
but any way, i harvested cured and sampled on a medium tolerance, super dense product, more than on previous grows of those strains, super psychoactive (i swear the ceiling was morphing), more so than previous batches, flavor etc about the same,
so idea was to metabolize the building blocks of terpines, and feed to plant in hopes of giving it a boost like protein shake for people,
back to point,
i think terpinator is limonene, not even full essential oils as component like rosemary etc, but they just take like pure limonene and add it to a simple casting tea, or similar base and bubble or ferment, and voila terpinator, whatever, the secrecy of the product is pure bull, im out, not gonna try it, ill make my own terp enhancer with cooler ideas,
so here is a next idea to try,
im ordering the bokashhi fermentor, and i am going to ferment oil rich larf and leaves, and this should b epic, sorry for so many words,

Pomodoro

so i bought the terpinator. been using it for about two weeks. bottle says to use it during both veg and flower. max dose is 30ml/gal!!! spendy!

the product has a floral odor. Ive been using at 5ml and now 10ml/gal. upon using at 10ml/gal next day noticed huge icnrease in trichs. a buddy uses at 20ml and had great shit to say.

i noticed a few of my strains have had a strange reaction. makes me wonder if there is gibb some of my plants top bud is still stretching and growing up rather than out and fat.

BubbaBear

Terpinator sounds like a reincarnation of Banana Manna which has been around for several years.

Tropical Organics Banana Manna Flavor Stimulant, Stimulates the production of essential oils, which gives plants better flavor. Strawberries are sweeter, peppers are hotter, and basil is more "basily." Concentrated Organic extract of Banana and Exotic Tropical Plants. Banana Manna is an organic nutrient additive so it will not affect salt build-up or TDS. Banana Manna will not make herbs, fruits, or vegtables taste like banana! Once the proteins are isolated in banana what is left are potent hormones and vitamins that boost essential oil production in plants. Essential oils are what give flavor to herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Rich in Vitamins, Minerals, Hormones, and Enzymes. Use as a foliar or root feed through the entire growing cycle in or hydroponics. Produces stronger, more distinctive flavors in your plants. Should be used as an additive to a fertilizer solution. To apply as root feed, mix one ounce of the product with one gallon of water and apply to roots at once a week. It can be used in soil or hydroponic systems. For foliar application, mix half ounce of this with one gallon of water and apply as a fine mist to leaf surfaces. It should not be applied directly to flowers or fruits. It sounds like the same technology to me, it even has the same dilution rate.

The stupid name, cartoon bottle, and dilution rate for that price tag are what have turned me off to trying Terpinator. And the fact that they tell you to use it in veg is just ridiculous. I dont see how using this product before week 3 could be of any benefit, from my experience with similar products using it that early could actually be a bad thing as fas as yield is concerned, they dont speak of any kind of SAR reaction like you get from JAZ Rose Spray or Bud Factor X that might make it useful in veg, they say the product strictly enhances terpine production and will add extra weight from the extra oils, well dont you need to grow flowers before you can add terpines to them? lol. And from my experience using similar products like Banana Manna, Bud Factor X and JAZ rose spray, If you add it to early in flower you will see stretching between the floral clusters and the plant will start concentrating all of its energy making oil and you will get a smaller yield, so you probably dont want to mess with this stuff till your flowers are just about done bulking like week 5+. And l bet you can foliar feed it to your plants as well and skip adding it to your reservoir or add it at a much lower rate or just as a weekly crown feeding, Banana Manna recommend foliar feeding at 15mils per gallon. Ive done plently of experimenting with JAZ Rose spray and Bud Factor X and I've found there's no need to add Bud Factor X to your reservoir and use it just like you would JAZ rose spray, 2-3 foliar feeds and maybe a couple crown feedings the last couple weeks and your good. I add it to my teas and foliar feed a few days after foliar applying True Blooms since Bud Factor X is also bennie food.

Im sure Terpinator is a great product, i'll give it a shit once the price drops, but l definitely wont be using it in veg or early flower and I'm pretty confident you can get similar results and definitely save a bunch of money with just a couple late flower foliar feeds of JAZ or Bud Factor X. Ive had great success using both as just a foliar feed and have seen a overnight boost in smell, they especially bring out the limonene fallowed buy a extra thick layer of trichomes.

Last edited:

catalyte

Veteran
Urban Grower has a vid in which he shows test results from a Terpinator Vs. No Terpinator trial...

i hope this stuff for real!!