What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Terppalooza

this is a pic of gray areas cheese in 2015 :)
GA2015Exo.png

bimblebrains_1

The best chances anyone has of getting anything similar is probably pheno hunting through OJDs cheese crosses...
Indeed...one of the very few breeders that have ever worked with the real cut,i always direct folks that ask me that question to him......had a cut of from his cheesedog years back that was up there with the best....got a question for you cheesesgez,i'll dm you mate

bimblebrains_1

Looks like the real deal to me
almost certainly is,countless people and very respected at that have shared the same sentiment,got all the hall marks,.its just that i havent smoked a sample grown by anyone decently or finished one up yet myself of the cut as yet,that is my only reason for not being 100%,shes certainly starting to get a bit of stink on at day 16 tho ....wether or not that insane stink is still present after all these years of not being kept in ideal conditions is another question,a lot of cuts this old seem to get dulled down over time...happened to many a elite,mateys shed she came out of sure did hum tho haha

NotYourSaviour

Since this thread seems to be hot at the minute again and I have a soft spot for Cheese I write my part as I basically respect enthusiasm even though such stuff here is not my thing. Here are my only two cents about the topic in regards to Amsterdam and Homegrown Fantasy coffeeshop ; maybe it clears things up a bit:

Fortunately I was pointed in the right direction to Homegrown Fantasy Coffeeshop(rest in peace but to me not an interesting shop apart from perhaps atmosphere)when they had the real deal Cheese, about roughly from 2004 to definitely 2009. Real deal Cheese to me means
it stunk to high heaven and so intense was the taste, something I rarely came across and immediately stuck to my mind as its aroma and smell was, is and will be unique to me forever[at least all time favourites top 5 when it comes to grass] though I can't describe it better than 'a smack to one's face' - still pretty much the definition of pungency to this day as we on one hand never had contact with other so called elite cuts while growing[as only doing our thing anyway]
and on the other we consumed our own organic and cured grass we grew ourselves in our crew as well as have seen a lot of - sadly too often by the way - commercial grass on offer in coffeeshops since ages so it was one of the few strains which stood out ;
strengthwise I can't remember much but must have been strong enough otherwise this would have not be forgotten as well as I'm mainly a lover of real hashish and thus find most grass too weak for my taste[though this is not topic here and a very different story].
For certain reasons I can assure you guys that in 2010 this cut of Cheese was gone at Homegrown Fantasy as I had a lot of private happenings in 2010 and one of the first trips this year back then one of our mates came with us who hasn't been for years and we wanted to let him try this cut of Cheese there.
Then we arrived at his Homegrown Fantasy coffeeshop just to find it's gone. Back then in 2010 they already sold something 'Cheese x ....' - I'm sorry I don't know which cross it was anymore. What I know for sure was that taste and smell was bland, only a trace of the original smell merely.

As we go since ages to the Netherlands, at least monthly often more often to this very day, for several reasons not only coffeeshopping and know a lot of coffeeshops from personal experience everywhere in the country I never found this cut again, only cheap imitations.
Closely before it disappeared 2009 so to speak roughly and one of the last times I had the orginal cut there were already other versions popping up all around town heavily and one copy I remember as well as it was decent but still not the original which is so impressive as it was 'Cheese Skunk' at the Original Dampkring[ see this menu ]; 'tautology', anyone, lol?
[Note for people not familiar with the shadyness of those establissements: take everything described on a menu , even the name of a strain, there with a ton of salt! Don't go down this rabbit hole ].

Every shop I frequented may it be Grey Area, Tweede Kamer, overrated Boerejongens, Voyagers(rest in peace), Bagheera, shitty Greenhouse, crappy Barney's et cetera didn't have the real deal from this year on and most probably never had it as just Homegrown Fantasy seemingly had it ; no matter what name was put on it either Cheese, Blue Cheese, White Cheese or So Gouda[which is a strain from - you know who - and in fact a different breed anyway], all couldn't mess remotely with the real deal Cheese.

All the years later to this very day again I didn't find the real deal Cheese yet again and nothing came even close, it is always the same: there is a funk of this taste/smell but nothing more!
As mentioned as we go since ages and not only to Dam but also to all provinces I can say that the situation there was similar. Cheap copies, copies and again copies ; though to be fair as usual I can point out that everyone not familar with the orginal Cheese cut from Homegrown Fantasy coffeeshop may like those copies respectively crosses as they are in fact if proper grown could be satisfying of course.
As a rough comparison: there is much original landrace Moroccan hashish around but the qualitiy within even a high grade is differing a lot and if one never had one of the best qualities possible one may rate a bland commercial high grade the best possible.

Needless to say reporting all that is only a snapshot in time as it is still subjective but the disappeareance happened in 2010[which by the way marks also a year where general quality of grass in Amsterdam and rest of the coffeeshops in Netherlands went down big time due to various reasons I don't discuss here of course again ; only recovering a bit in the last three years, though was never impressive but merely acceptable if one is growing one's own gear with dedication but this is again an other story]

When reading the latest posts here I even could recall the appeareance of 'Cheese Haze' in the provinces, in Amsterdam I rarely saw this riddiculous name ; maybe it indeed sometimes refered to the So Gouda[Blueberry x Cheese x G13 Haze]from that one breeder as on one hand half of it only was one of the watered down versions from the seed
stock of Big Buddha or Greenhouse and on the other indeed tastewise were leaning to a haze beside that Cheese funk.
Though again, the name game is big in this seedy cannabis and coffeeshop game sadly.
So again this is all I will say about this topic as it is a 'needle in the hay' situation to me.
Nonetheless I wish all lovers of the original cut all the best finding it out there as I'm one of those too thinking that it is not all about forums and shit and some people probably still run it.
Good luck!
Hope the cut then spreads around the world again and maybe I can pick it up at a coffeeshop again as I don't swap, buy or sell any cuts just for your information but am glad I could try it when it was on!
Last but not least after it disappeared, counting from 2010 again, our crew grew Blue Cheese from Big Buddha Seeds for years by a cut we selected[sadly gone], knowing it is not the real deal as no full spectrum taste/smell as with the original cut from Homegrown Fantasy coffeeshop, it was still lovely as it reminded me a bit of it, but still wasn't the real deal;-) but a level below qualitywise.

End of my story.

Last edited:

BrokenEnglish

The cut i acquired 15 days in...i over looked that she really does need acclimatising to these intense led spectrums,being as shes been in a shed for 11 years under t5 and hps,she needs to adjust.
I've had her directly under a 200w lumatek,about 16 inches above which is a tad higher than i usually would hang it and she has become crazy hungry,caught me off guard tbh..way too much ppfd and she has been trying to compensate,so i've fed her up a bit and raised the light considerably ...school boy error doh

View attachment 18802143

Here's another cut i had kicking about that didnt become a mum as was a tad whispy,at about 4 or 5 days in...Feeding her up a bit more than the one above and got her way further from the lights,needs thinning out again now shes flowering..hell this cut needs constantly thinning out ,she's an absolute clone machine how she branches but, with that in turn comes a hell of a lot of defoliation required,damn shes vigorous for such an old lady tho......oh and the cuts pictured have not been topped at all,its just how she grows naturally,very unique

View attachment 18802144 View attachment 18802145

cheers bimble
Looks like a doppelganger to my "wizards" cheese cut I have. Aka the original cheese as i know it. You mentioned about the serrated leaves on the middle finger. I'm certain its environmental and can go fully serrated given the correct inputs. Mine had quite a few serrations when I got the clone. Heres a pic of what wizards looked like when I got it
Screenshot_20230118_200111_Discord.jpg

bimblebrains_1

Looks like a doppelganger to my "wizards" cheese cut I have. Aka the original cheese as i know it. You mentioned about the serrated leaves on the middle finger. I'm certain its environmental and can go fully serrated given the correct inputs. Mine had quite a few serrations when I got the clone. Heres a pic of what wizards looked like when I got it
View attachment 18804030
i've no doubt she can express to many different extremes of the known traits given like you say different inputs and environments,seems like the actual serrations themselves can take on a more rounded shape or more jagged as well.I've been quite surprised on the lack of stretch as well,almost nothing.Yes your wizard,my local one and brightsides are more than likely one and the same..Brightside(the guy) was one of many avenues that the cut made it out via quite clearly.Not long now until the cut i got here is verfified or not as the case maybe so we'll see soon enough

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18804030
I noticed the roots on this picture,,,this is one of my checks,,how long did it take to root

BrokenEnglish

I noticed the roots on this picture,,,this is one of my checks,,how long did it take to root
Wondered what you were going on about for a minute then lol. You got hawk eyes mate. Here's a better picture. This cut roots in 7-10 days. Roots like dreds in 10. Which for me is surprising, being g an old girl. She has been well looked after it seems. Psychosis isn't far behind but cheese always first out of the blocks
Screenshot_20230123_215510_Discord.jpg