What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon 4 Rec Plant Outdoor Grows 2017

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Here we go again folks its 2017 and you know what that means... Its time to get your 4 recreational outdoor plants started :woohoo:

We still have no plant size limits so let's see what you got! Post up pics of your 4 plant rec grows :biggrin:

To get everyone motivated I'll post some pics of my 2016 rec grow:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.King

Veteran
Beautiful looking plants :tiphat:. I for one can not wait to compete in this contest this year. It will be my first time ever growing outside so it shall be interesting. Two of my entries without question will be CBG's Purple Mexican and Ace seeds Lilly.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Nice work!

It's amazing what can be done with four plants.

Thanks, We love ganja trees :D

Beautiful looking plants :tiphat:. I for one can not wait to compete in this contest this year. It will be my first time ever growing outside so it shall be interesting. Two of my entries without question will be CBG's Purple Mexican and Ace seeds Lilly.

Appreciate it, I'll be looking forward to seeing how your varieties turn out. Which part of Oregon are you in? I'm wondering what your local climate is like.

hannerdoser

Beautiful! This will be my first outdoor grow as well. Hopefully I'll have some ladies worth entering!

Located in beautiful Central Oregon.

Dankwolf

I am in .

I am in .

Strains will be

1# cotton candy clone
2# GG4 clone
3# cherry pie clone from selected seed
4# sour dissel clone from selected seed dating back to early 2000 personal stock.

Will be starting strains inside (march) and veging for 1 to 2 months and put out side in 30 gallon containers in a glass green house for the first month out side. then transpanted to 300 to 500 gallon potters for each plant in a open area (should be april -may by this point ). Then by september i will build another green house around plants to allow a full season finish .

Not sure on green house dimensions yet but i am sure it will be heated this year . my plan is to use a donated used gas fire place for heat and possibly co2 .

Some picks from 2016

Big Sur

Don't tell the Trump administration, but I plan to grow some landrace ganja sativa from India, and some landrace indica from Lebanon this year.

hey big sur? i do belive we had some dealings quite along time ago? i maybe wrong but i think its you...from og/cw days....im still in search of some joeyweed genes? know anything good?

Doing my second Oregon outdoor grow this summer

I got a new place here in good old Linn county with tons of space for indoor grows but not much in the way of outdoor. Got an old chicken coup that I'm thinking about light-depping with some supplemental lighting

Gotta make some contacts back again to get good genetics back

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Any of you guys get anything started yet?
I'm probably going to get some seeds started tonight so they're ready to bring outside in a month or so when the weather is better.

Dankwolf

I have sour diesel , cherry pie , bluebrry x ? And some Thai seeds in paper towels sence last Thursday got a few tails showing on the cherry pies .

I am going to veg them16 on 8 off for a week then at the start of each new week cut the light back 15-30 minuets till i find the early flowering genetics and select the best early girls .then return lights back to veg schedule till they are ready to put out .

Dankwolf

I ended up killing last batch of seeds. got busy cleaning up after indoor pm outbreak

I ended up killing last batch of seeds. got busy cleaning up after indoor pm outbreak

New seed/strain list. I ran out of cherry pie seeds for now.
Soaking seeds for 1-2 days then will put in plastic bags with damp paper towel till i see tails then they will be planted in a soiless mix.

Seeds

1# Bag seed Blueberry x ?(unkown) coastal strain
2# hawian f5 (skunky/cookies&cream) × f4 sour d
3# sour d x sour d from early 2000
4# supposed rks seeds from top shelf farms in bend oregon

Not sure witch 2 out of the 4 genetics mentioned above will be used for my 4 plant rec .will update when i know.

Clones that will be ran no matter what

4# cotton candy clone
5# gg#4 clone

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Nice choices dank wolf and that's a good idea to search for early varieties! @phenome I popped my beans in January and am just finishing up sexing. Time to veg til put outdoors.

Seeds and clones going out this year:
Mkob #7 f2
Mkob #2 f2
Mkob x pineapple express
Mkob x gg4
((Jesus og x tree of life) x lambsbread sour diesel) aka chuy lambsbread
Pink lotus x black lime reserve
Mick Jagger
Jager
Jager Schnitzel
Mkob #7 f1
Mkob #2 f1

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Nice choices dank wolf and that's a good idea to search for early varieties! @phenome I popped my beans in January and am just finishing up sexing. Time to veg til put outdoors.

Seeds and clones going out this year:
Mkob #7 f2
Mkob #2 f2
Mkob x pineapple express
Mkob x gg4
((Jesus og x tree of life) x lambsbread sour diesel) aka chuy lambsbread
Pink lotus x black lime reserve
Mick Jagger
Jager
Jager Schnitzel
Mkob #7 f1
Mkob #2 f1
Damn!, nice job starting early. Can't wait to see the giants you pull this year :) I think I already might forfeit now!
Kidding, but I am jealous you got such an early start.
I only have 5 purple terps above surface and they're only a few inches tall. (The picture is from days ago)
Nice selections on genetics, glad to see you're still running some of your own creations(can you remind me what the ob stands for? I remember it's mikey kush but can't remember ob) if you don't mind me asking, how many do you plan on running outside full season? I'm excited to see the whole grow and not just your rec 4. When you start a thread for all of them, drop the link in here if you would, i'd love to see how they turn all out.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Mkob is mickey kush x Obama kush. Mkob is best in my stable so it gets crossed to everything. Its pronounced macob. There's a thread on mkob kush in the strains and breeding section. She's all around good for indoor and out with some early dank traits usually showing in the offspring.

Don't give in now... Give it your best. There's no guarantee mine will be giant. Just giving a good go! Your girls could still easily get huge!!

I'll drop you a link once everything is more certain. I'm setting up my spot for 24 more big girls. Much work too do.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Nice! Looks like you're going to be catching the limit for oregon. You have TONS of work ahead of you, best of luck to you :tiphat: when it's all done the work will be generously returned in reward. Can't wait to see how this season treats all of us. Let's hope for a better season than last year. I have a good new connection on bulk clackcoots mix from a buddy, so this year I'm hoping to do better than ever(I'm not much of an outdoor grower, so even yeilding a few packs per plant would be an achievement for me).

Dankwolf

Budget horse manure soil recipe ?

Budget horse manure soil recipe ?

I am pretty much broke for soil funds for this years out door so i was thinking of making a horse manure/native soil mix to use . i am trying to use ingredients that i all ready have .any input would be appreciated.

Native soil is the common eastern oregon sandy look.

horse manure is from a compost pile of 1 through 5 year old manure that is broke down nicely . horse's were feed alfalfa mainly but pile contains some hay from stall floors (15% or so). I can dig and only use 5 or so year old manure or only use 1 year old manure or both?

My thoughts so far are to mix

1 part native soil
1/2 part sunshine peatmoss.
1 part horse manure compost
1/3-1/2 part custom soil amendment ?

Custom soil amemdment recipe

2.5 cups grden lime ( buffer / cal-mag )
5 cups kelp meal ( 1-0.1-2 )
5 cups gandular humic acid ( no npk value )
5 cups neam seed meal ( 6-1-2 / pest detorant)
5 cups alfalfa meal ( 2.5-0.5-2.5 /growth hormone )
5 cups high phosphorus bat guano ( 0-7-0 )
1 medium bag/ part fine organic Diatomaceous earth ( calcium/ silicon / pest detorant/low k stabalizer )
1 bag/part .5 cu ft worm castings ( nitrogen/potash)
1 bag/part .5 cu ft ancient forest ( humus )
1 bag/part .5 cu ft mushroom compost ( beneficial fungi )
1 bucket/part .5 cu ft chicken manure high in calcium (from my laying chickens ) also cotanins about 10% pine/ceder beding and about 10% fire place ash. ( npk diversity )

The final soil mix will be watered with high brix molasses and allowed to sit for at least 45 days .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts