What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

full melt dry sift tutorial/discussion

RB56

Veteran
I wouldn't worry too much about the 45 minute run time for the video. Lots of extraneous stuff going on and no editing (no offense, time2shine) :) Looks like you could get most of the work done in 10 minutes or so.

time2shine, what exactly are you starting with?

ya this is a quick process i think ten minutes is about right for what i started with maybe less... i had trimmed dried cured buds for about 8 hours collecting all the trimmed buds in a bucket and the trim in a tray .. i roughed up all the trim at the end of the day over the screen for a couple minutes.. then started the video... strain is cheese quake

T

tropicannayeah

timetoshare...........big thanks for posting your new technique. You have an excellent attitude.
The starting sift was very pure to start with, have you tried this technique on sift that was aggressively sieved and contained lots of contaminant?

I can't watch the vid all the way..

sheeesh DSW

for phucks sake watch it first then post.

I can't watch it. Unless you wanna pay my internet bill? The point is obv. I can see he is just doing the same thing over and over.. a simple explanation would suffice.

I'm not sitting through 45+ minutes to figure out what dude can tell us in 30 seconds.

T

tropicannayeah

What is the parchment paper wrapped around? Cardboard or plastic?

So.. what about all the stuff that falls through as you go back and forth over the screen?

And RB - which sizes you using with my method?

my pleasure tropicanna the starting sift was high quality for UNCLEANED dry sift standards but it was still probably 40 percent contaminate .. ive used the regular 2 screen carding method with the same quality of starting sift alot of times and ended with decent sift that melted but by no means full melt clear dome.. and the return doing it that way was alot less with alot of the heads making their way through the yellow screen ending up being put into edibles in the end ...i havent started with bad material and cleaned it up but in the video after i start my 2nd static pile the original pile of starting material is very dirty atleast 80 percent garbage by then.. and when i swipe over it its still just taking the heads and leaving the shit. so i would imaging it would still work.
the card is cardboard that has a shiny coating on it.. i think it has more to do with the parchment sliding across the screen then it has to do with whats under the parchment.. kinda like a trampoline if you rub a piece of paper on it.

So.. what about all the stuff that falls through as you go back and forth over the screen?

i think the little carding it gets from the parchment is rolling the stalks off the trichome heads and when that happens the heads stick to the parchment.. i think in this method most of the heads stick to the parchment before they fall through the screen.

my pleasure tropicanna the starting sift was high quality for UNCLEANED dry sift standards but it was still probably 40 percent contaminate .. ive used the regular 2 screen carding method with the same quality of starting sift alot of times and ended with decent sift that melted but by no means full melt clear dome.. and the return doing it that way was alot less with alot of the heads making their way through the yellow screen ending up being put into edibles in the end ...i havent started with bad material and cleaned it up but in the video after i start my 2nd static pile the original pile of starting material is very dirty atleast 80 percent garbage by then.. and when i swipe over it its still just taking the heads and leaving the shit. so i would imaging it would still work.
the card is cardboard that has a shiny coating on it.. i think it has more to do with the parchment sliding across the screen then it has to do with whats under the parchment.. kinda like a trampoline if you rub a piece of paper on it.

I doubt that. That's pretty clean looking to start with.

I'd say you're closer to 80 or 90% to start. (pure)

mofeta

Veteran
Hi time2shine

Excellent post!

You may be the first to show a good static-based resin purification system. I think there will be more that are similar soon, a lot of people have been working on similar things. Yours is the simplest effective one I've seen yet, though.

Congratulations!

I isolated the actual process from your video, and uploaded it to YouTube as an unlisted video. It does show your face. It is 1:23 long. Do you mind if I post the link? Just say the word and I will delete it if you want. Like I said, it is unlisted, so only people following my link can find it.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
This is not the same method I use but like DSW's method should help people get cleaner/purer resin to smoke. I wonder if it can even make 99.9% resin heads? Time will tell.... I will try it in the next few days.
If enough monkeys type on typewriters long enough they have to write a few good novels?
Just joking.... DSW and t2s you both are true resin aficionado's, now lets get back to automating a process, whichever process, so you can mass produce the 99.9% from whole plants, with a decent yield, would be nice.....
Keep looking, good luck.....
-SamS

Last edited:

Daub Marley

It looks like your starting with probably 90% heads which is enviable in itself, but you do seem to clean up the remaining containment pretty well. Side by side comparison @ 8:44, 17:10, and 35:40
Why do we think that it's static causing the effect? Maybe try with a balloon and see if it still works?

mofeta

Veteran
time2shine YouTube link

time2shine YouTube link

attachment.php

time2shine resin cleaning method

Attachments

• time2shine.jpg
    time2shine.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 21
nice work mofeta i like it!

i did another run with some trim i already bounced a little bit and was planning on using for edibles . this time i really beat this shit up and the results were equally good check it out

the closeups of the sift are all of the main pile as it gets dirtier except the last one which is the heads and this only took about a half an hour from start to finish ..

cant wait to see the results with someone with a nice camera goes to town on this.

Attachments

• DSCN0773.jpg
    DSCN0773.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0785.jpg
    DSCN0785.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0787.jpg
    DSCN0787.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0794.jpg
    DSCN0794.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0798.jpg
    DSCN0798.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 30
  • cflwhitecab 9thrun day08v 02 c99pbsd4 in cab closeup01
    cflwhitecab 9thrun day08v 02 c99pbsd4 in cab closeup01
    15.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0816.jpg
    DSCN0816.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0862.jpg
    DSCN0862.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN0856.jpg
    DSCN0856.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0835.jpg
    DSCN0835.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 34

Those will work.. I gave those as my last tutorial sizes. I did that for two reasons.. one because it does work pretty well, and two because I was a bit guarded with this method and didn't want it to be 'taken' by others.. which of course has happened.

I kept the actual sizes I use pretty under wraps. At least for now.

T2S it looks good.. it would be helpful if you had a scope to see closer up.. it *looks* nice but who knows what else is hiding in there that we can't see. Any melt shots?

I'll have to try this again today but last night it worked for shit.

Latest posts

Latest posts