What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WhiteRhino - NLxBB - Haze x Skunk #1

GroworDie

Got my first order of good genetics in and thought I would do this diary. This is my 6th personal grow. I have learned almost everything I know from ICMag.

I ordered WhiteRhino, and NLxBB from Nirvana and they arrived in short order. I highly recommend the company. They sent me 5x Sam the Skunkman's Haze x Skunk #1 as freebies which is awesome and I really look forward to it.

I have a very small area in which to grow because of my situation and I run a purpetual harvest that I harvest once a month. Because of the very limited area I have, I start all seeds at 12/12 and clones get to root in 18/6 with a 42watt CFL in a small, mylar lined rubbermaid. After the clones root or the seedlings are underway, they get moved into 16 oz containers. This allows me to pack a ton of plants in to the area. I like keeping it very very green :D

Here are the main bits of the Flowering Closet (a homemade frame wrapped with panda plastic):
--The area is about 1.5ftx3ftx5ft.
--I use a 250 watt CMH
--115CFM squirrelcage fan with attached CAN type carbon filter. Plus two small air circulation fans.
--FloraNova Bloom + Molasses + Superthrive (bought it, might as well use it)

Here are the beans set to germinate.

Here is a shot in the Flowering Chamber. I'll have more from it soon. These are various strains in various states of flowering...

Anyway guys, keep it growing! I'll update as soon as there is something to see :)

GroworDie

Thanks Movintarget.

8 of 9 of the beans cracked and showed me taproots. I have planted them into a communal soil seedling bed and once they show true leaves, I will seperate them into their own containers. The 8 that cracked open did so within 20 hours. Some of them had begun cracking after approx 16 hours. Good stuff. The last remaining one (NLxBB) looks toast but I'll leave it in the paper towels for now.

I'll post a pic once they have broken the soil surface.

2stoge

i got to check this out. how much are you pulling from each 16 oz containers? looking very nice. keep up the good work.

GroworDie

I put in and take out plants every month. The Clones are taken, rooted under 18/6 for 3-4 weeks and thrown in 12/12 for 8-10 weeks. It all depends on my stash size, how I prefer each strain grown out, and my current stage of horticultural experimentation. Now, keep in mind, up until this last week, I have just grown out what I feel like is some shitty local bagseed. So, I'm not pulling heroic amounts but I can average 8-14 dry grams per container, depending on the Mom the clone came from. Gotta love perpetual. Keeps me and my family medicated :joint:

I fully expect this average to go up when these better genetics start coming along.

I will grow out all these seeds, cull the males, take all side branches to clone and grow out some nice shit to sample. From that point I will have some more to throw back into 12/12 and the beginnings of a bonsai mom :D

2stoge

Thanks GroworDie. just curious because i am running almost the same setup in 16oz soda bottles with a 250 hps after seeing what Dr. Bud was pulling from his boxes. this is my first grow and im only 3 weeks into flower but im hoping i can pull those averages you get. i would be happy with around 7 grams though.

thanks again

GroworDie

Awesome 2stoge. Dr Bud was the one who inspired me to start growing this way as well. He was insanely efficient... Throw me any questions you got. The first couple runs were a little rougher for me, I experimented with throwing the newly cut clones into 12/12 to root. This worked but gave me a very small forest. I was getting 3-5 gram 3-4 inch sticks. The solution to this was to let them root in 18/6 for a good 3-4 weeks. Let them get real established, a mini veg, if you will. Then when they go into 12/12 they just explode in growth. By shaving off or adding a week or two for the different strains I can keep growth optimal across several strains. I can maintain just under a 1g/watt average over a 3 month span with these not so great genetics so I have high hopes for my new seedlings. Which I should have pics of within a few hours....

And here we are:

Last edited:

GroworDie

Continuing along well. Here are the babies after week 1 out of the soil and under the light. The Haze is stretchy already but it is definitely partially my fault. No biggie. I will get them proper containers tomorrow and probably bury half that stem.

stankj

awesome

Im following the wave on this one, for im waiting
for some NLxBB as well.

a few questions....

have you been using the same nute formulas for your bagseed grows?
and what are your formulas for veg and flowering?

also, can you post some pics of your panda frame setup?

may the fat flowers flow

GroworDie

Thanks for stopping by guys.

stankj: At the moment, yes on the nutes. Only because it has worked great for my other plants but I adjust as the plant talks to me. If I see some burn or deficiencies, I change it up a little. Right now I am hitting them with floranova bloom in increasing increments as they age. Then at the halfwayish point I start adding molasses. The most floranova bloom I use is about 1-1.5 teaspoons a gal. Same with the molasses. Their packaging has much higher suggested use but it just burns my babies up. So I take it easy unless they look like they want it harder. I don't veg, per se, so they only get the floranova bloom. If I was going to do a more traditional grow, as opposed to the perpetual, I would buy some floranova grow but only because I am comfortable with it's sister.

I'll see if I can get some more pics of the room tonight or tomorrow morning but for now, it is just a frame, built out of properly measured 2x2s screwed together and then the panda plastic wrapped around the outside and stapled where it rests on the wood. I added another piece of wood to the top to give me a place to anchor light chains and the ventilation fan. Any seams were sealed with duct tape. The front is two overlapping flaps that have velcro attached vertically and on the top to help 'shut' it.

Yeah...pics would help...I'll get em up within 24hrs.

Happy 4:20(ish)

Last edited:

GroworDie

Well, Got busy and stoned last week. No pics of the cab as yet. I do have an update, however. Here are the little (hopefully)girls, two weeks in.

They are already very easy to seperate based on how they look. The NLxBB has larger leaves than any of my bagseed ever had at week 2. The WhiteRhino has great form, one with a very strange ducksfoot type mutation. You can see one fan leaf has been fused. Very cool. The Haze x Skunk is smack you in the face different, in contrast. Clearly cut from a different cloth.

casualtoker

Keep up the work. I just finished growing some Nirvana NLxH, probably similar to the NLxBB.. you won't be disappointed although it was a slow grower.

Odie-O

your gonna like the W.Rhino from Nirvana.i ordered some last year and still keep it in my garden.very good bud growth and mass.dont have any in flower atm but have 2 seed's growing.just waiting to see if they are female and then will repot and take clones.

btw it smokes really good

the NLxBB has a great smell and fluffy bud to it so i have taken notice of anyway.some of the better smoke so friend's tell me.(cant smoke 9 month's a year cept in summer time).but you shoulkd be very pleased with the 2 choices you made.

heres 2 of the W.Rhino seeds i have atm.

good luck and stay safe

J

Joe Budden

Whats the high like with white rhino? I was thinkin about gettin a pack from greenhouse, its between them and ak 47, I need a good yielding plant with a great high lol just like everyone else i guess:p
later
JB

Odie-O

i have also heard good things about the AK47 as well.and seen some nice pic's on this site.can't go wrong with either choice i think.

the W.Rhino is a good high and good yield er.big buds from what i've seen:)

keep us posted on your progress:)

stay safe

Last edited:

GroworDie

Well Howdy Hey. Welcome to another week. It's Monday, and I'm updating.

These plants have grown faster than any other bagseed I have ever grown. Very impressive and I can now see first hand why quality genetics are so important. I have 3 confirmed males and 1 confirmed female. 4 are still no shows. Anyway, take a look at the pics and tell me what you think that lighter patterning on the serrations could be. I just gave them their first feed during this week and while I saw tremendous growth in the days following, I noticed that patterning...Could be a deficiency they got between seedling and first feeding...I dunno.

I will be deforming the males and keeping them in a safe, separate location until I see those sacs swell. Then I will collect the pollen for later. The males are across the board the better performers so far. Is that typical?

Enjoy guys! Stay safe!

Latest posts

Latest posts