What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I think its time to harvest. Trich pix.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I think its time to harvest this bagseed. Yes or no? Yesterday was start of week 7.
Im thinking tomorrow harvest morning.

Attachments

• 20181023_193716.jpg
    20181023_193716.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 39
  • herb 2018 holly plant-0009.jpg
    herb 2018 holly plant-0009.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 43
  • herb 2018 holly plant-0007.jpg
    herb 2018 holly plant-0007.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 48
  • herb 2018 holly plant-0006.jpg
    herb 2018 holly plant-0006.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 45
  • herb 2018 holly plant-0021.jpg
    herb 2018 holly plant-0021.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 46

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
If the inner trichomes (not directly exposed to light) were just as amber, I would have harvested before those pics were taken. Anyone have a strain go past 15% amber (inner trichomes, not outer) and NOT be sleepy? :)

Defacto

Why weren't you at the Colorado Get Together?

Why weren't you at the Colorado Get Together?

If the inner trichomes (not directly exposed to light) were just as amber, I would have harvested before those pics were taken. Anyone have a strain go past 15% amber (inner trichomes, not outer) and NOT be sleepy? :)

I agree with you. In the past, I harvested with 10-15% amber and was told by many it was too soon. I now plan to use the following advice. We are vindicated it seems:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176754

"What do you look for?

A capitate-stalked glandular trichome looks like a mushroom under a microscope or loupe. There are other trichomes,but that’s the one that holds most of your THC. I’m looking for a fully developed mushroom head that is clear, just starting to turn opaque - certainly not turning amber, which is a sign that your THC is turning into cannabinol (CBN).

We harvest when 60% of the trichomesare ripe and 40% are just starting to get ripe. Once everything is properly dried, cured, and stored, those trichomes that weren’t fully ripened should pretty much be at their peak."

rocker

I agree with you. In the past, I harvested with 10-15% amber and was told by many it was too soon. I now plan to use the following advice. We are vindicated it seems:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176754

"What do you look for?

A capitate-stalked glandular trichome looks like a mushroom under a microscope or loupe. There are other trichomes,but that’s the one that holds most of your THC. I’m looking for a fully developed mushroom head that is clear, just starting to turn opaque - certainly not turning amber, which is a sign that your THC is turning into cannabinol (CBN).

We harvest when 60% of the trichomesare ripe and 40% are just starting to get ripe. Once everything is properly dried, cured, and stored, those trichomes that weren’t fully ripened should pretty much be at their peak."

Thanks for the information, I’m close to first harvest in many years, this helps me a lot. 👍

Douglas.Curtis

I don't live anywhere near Denver, sorry.

The famous 60/40, cloudy/clear. :) What I find funny, is in 15+ years I've always gone by amber % and have zero clue what the cloudy/clear % is when I harvest. lol I'll have to check this time. :)

Trichome shape is genetic. I've seen many different types of trichomes and though most do, not all genetics have the nice mushroom heads. I'm trying to remember the strain I came across which had such tiny mushroom heads, the trichomes looked just like white hairs.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I have 5 Tommy Chong's L A Amnesia just about ready. The trichs are all cloudy. I am waiting for the brown to show up. It is very good smoke.

THC123

Veteran
I find that If I harvest with lots of amber the weed is actually weaker than with all cloudy and some clear trichs.

I find that if you let them go amber too much you lose the psychoactive effect and you just get a tired, meaningless stone without any euforia.

The strongest weed I get is with clear and cloudy trichs just when a few are starting to turn amber.

Douglas.Curtis

I find that If I harvest with lots of amber the weed is actually weaker than with all cloudy and some clear trichs.

I find that if you let them go amber too much you lose the psychoactive effect and you just get a tired, meaningless stone without any euforia.

The strongest weed I get is with clear and cloudy trichs just when a few are starting to turn amber.
Yarrrr! :tiphat:
The overripe, muddled effects combined with sleepiness. Like with fruit. Overripe pears are really juicy and sweet, but the flavor profile is blown out. There isn't any subtlety left in the taste and the 'food' is all sugar in the belly.

de145

Keep meticulous logs and you will find the perfect harvest for your preference. I personally would have harvested those much earlier. Once I see amber I know it's going to be a boring tiring kind of *stone* that leaves you bleary eyed without any of the interesting *high* effects that make each strain unique. Also I find it very noticeably weaker once it starts turning amber. For me it's a balancing act between having long enough "legs" (too soon harvested and you get a great, racy but short lived high for about 30 minutes which is kind of useful to have around at times like if you want a quick buzz and then be sober again) and not going too long and ending up with a muddled weak mess.

Latest posts

Latest posts