What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

electric Bud Trimmer <300USD review thread

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sad that the op dont live in the uk,,,
as i purchased a bosai hero a few years back,,my trimmers used them twice and its sat in the cupboard ever since,,,,
op could have had mine but heavy as hell so not practical to post,,,,,,,,s2

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
thanks 944 (Porsche, yes?) for the offer maybe someone there will contact you and you can clean out some stuff.. don't know how much this weighs but shipping was free so cant be that heavy..

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks 944 (Porsche, yes?) for the offer maybe someone there will contact you and you can clean out some stuff.. don't know how much this weighs but shipping was free so cant be that heavy..
ha! yes Snook,,,
my long gone baby but never forgotten,,,,
the bonsai is light but the blue case it comes in is not ,,
i get some pics up tommorow,,,,

:

tech1234

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120789226151

So far I am not impressed. Typical china loose bolts/bent parts. Weak motor, poor build quality. Ive been messing around with modding it trying to make it reasonable, no luck so far. Only thing it seems useful for so far is prepping subpar stuff that is going to blaster

DunHav`nFun

Noydster......I saw a video yesterday from a close old friend`s setup at an invite only site that fuckin amazed my old ass , and that ain`t easy ta do.....

Speedeetrim.com has a handheld unit for $359 that gives the choice of 3 different wet trim heads , and 2 dry trim heads , and my bro was taking 2 gal pots with maybe 3 footers being the tallest , setting them inside a kiddie pool and givin those bitches the haircut of a lifetime....

All still in the pot , and going through about 30 plants per hr INCLUDING choppin mainstems once done and hangin all but completely finished with even sugar leaves knocked off.....

All 3-4 oz plants once dried , and bet yer ass if I was croppin still , there be at LEAST 1 if not a corded model AND a cordless , although the cordless is $ 459 and only lasts 80 mins on charge and extra batteries would be needed for continuous use....anyways....

Solid made in the USA quality product that my bro`s swearing by and everyone that saw said video was going to order theirs asap....

Just another option to stay away from cheapass Chinese made bullshit.....My 2 cents for what it`s worth....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i was checkin out the speedtrimmers last year. i think the design is pretty solid.

hadn't seen one in person.

good to hear your friend had such high opinions of it DHF.

has he done any dry trimming with them?

DunHav`nFun

i was checkin out the speedtrimmers last year. i think the design is pretty solid.

hadn't seen one in person.

good to hear your friend had such high opinions of it DHF.

has he done any dry trimming with them?
Said he`s only had it couple months , and at first he was scared to get too close to the nuggage , but he said this is his 4th run using it and he`s gotten faster each time...and I mean....

All the shit that falls in the kiddie pool turns into concentrates anyways , and well on before Harvey he strips all foliage left on the plants that don`t need ta be there , so all that`s left to wet trim are the smaller fans and sugar leaf left on the colas and golfballs....

Not sure what he does with the larger fans taken off after end of stretch til mid-late bloomage , most likely medibles since he`s always been a bottom line kinda guy.....regardless...

No Heady , said nothing about dry trimming at all....All us old heads have always trimmed down to the sugar leaves when chopped , then after a decent dry and cure all the nugs were run through tumblers for the dry sift that takes care of all the sugar leaf left on .....and....

Doing away with the final finish up unnecessary IME dry trim......but that`s just the way we were taught....but hey...many ways ta skin a mule....To each their own...and....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:....

Slipnot

^^^^ Sounds pretty cool one thing i noticed years back when we did large amounts of trimming was the buyers could tell the Difference between machine trimmed buds vs hand trimmed , Sure machine trim saves you money on trimmer hrly costs
But. we lost on final product prices per pound
buyers buying 10 - 20 - 100 pounds are fucking finicky on shit like that

When we used trimmers it was usually out door product.
But again it still ripped up the buds pretty good and sure it took of sugar leafs and such but you still needed to remove stems deep inside buds by hand etc ..

But at the end of the day its what the buyer wants if he does not mind machine trimmed then giver shit But i found most do not care for it and contrary to popular belief.
We grew to make money not cut corners cutting corners only reduced sale price be it 400 a pound it sure can add up fast when dealing with 10 - 100 pounds of money lost

Not sure how the new trimmers work these days but if i was going to get back into commercial growing i would make a name for my self being hand trimmed its a win win

DunHav`nFun

I`ll never understand folks that give a "not too impressed" with this product review when they`ve never used said product , much less trimmed any more than hand scissors required....

No offense , but in a production setup time IS money , and I watched firsthand as my close old friend that has done this shit for a living over 20 yrs with absolutely no ego involved IN Medville , trimmed 6-7 lbs dry weight from 30 +/- plants in a fucking hr.....so....

Hand trimmers , to each their own , I came here to offer info to Noyd that`s in the market for a solid tested product rather than cheap Chinese bullshit on Ebay or Amazon , so please....

No attitudes about worse than or better than hand or machine trimmed.....just personal witness on his harvest that used the 2 sided blades for up and down trimming at the same time before ever even chopping the mainstem and hanging....finished and done WITH a "hand held unit"....my kinda shit...

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

you should calm down and light one up its an opinon not scripture. I'm not saying hand trimming is best. I'm saying that by the looks of that video id spend my money elsewhere if I planned to buy a trimmer. Sorry but i don't see anything that "blew me away" it looks like a dog trimmer. I'd prefer to have a decent quality fan style from what I've seen. I'm sorry if that bothers you for some reason.

N

noyd666

thanks DHF for that , will have a look after my coffee or three. need something a bit quicker than my sore fingers.

Slipnot

I like this one better multi use :) we got to cheer the fuck up folks why is it pot heads have attitudes lol seriously
If weed is suppose to bring the love i rarely see it on sites like this ..

Attachments

• chain saw.jpg
    chain saw.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 16
  • philips-qt4022-beard-trimmer-1_zps68493630.jpg
    philips-qt4022-beard-trimmer-1_zps68493630.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 18
N

noyd666

lol yep the peeps down here don't mind if its trimmed with lawn mower. but I do lol. had a look at speedee trimmer there fred , would be a help for sure even if only for partial trim.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I say it

I say it

Pics r it didn't happen..

I have it.. pics to prove it.. cheap stuff. screws holding blades not flush will hit grate, will store easily back in the box. the pic of the instructions are inside the bag, measured in inches not microns (1/16 or so).. OH the box... it comes like that so if your looking for stealth, forget it. Even with the uneven screw hitting the grate I was going to give it a go BUT! the fly in the ointment.. the power cord (standard 3 pin PC type would NOT go into the hole.. two tabs preventing its insertion. I'll get back to you after a little engineering,, $159... ???

Attachments

• Box1.jpg
    Box1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Box2.jpg
    Box2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Top 1.jpg
    Top 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Instructions inside bag.jpg
    Instructions inside bag.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 17
  • uneven screw.jpg
    uneven screw.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 13
  • safety switch.jpg
    safety switch.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 16
  • fly in the ointment.jpg
    fly in the ointment.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 19

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
oh the bottom pic on the right is a safety switch preventing the machine from turning on when the grate is opened.. dono if it works yet..