What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's blumatized organic soil LED mini grow

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day24

day24

I believe it's day 24 of flower.
Went all out and got me a small oscillating fan to move more air during lights on

The tiny computer fans are running non stop and have been for a long time.

I've cleaned up the lower parts of the plants

And propped the Bubblegum and the Acapulco Gold up a bit

The Sour Blueberry and the Blueberry are way stretchier than the two on the right side, this way the canopy is halfway even which is what I need under these LEDs.
Cheers
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 weeks update

4 weeks update

4 weeks into flower today

Here's a closeup of the blueberry

And this btw is my ghetto hepa filter over the mesh intake of the tent.

CC

kritios

Looks good! You're really getting the most out of that tent.

I have a similar sized tent and I've always wondered how much dust is getting drawn in through the vent. That filter would certainly help some.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lush looking gals Chevy, any loud aroma off the blueberry?

Thanks for stopping by everyone first of all.
I don't know about the smell so far!!!
The corona pandemic caught me far away from home and now I can't get back due to travel restrictions.
A mate is looking after the plants every 10 days or so, and they're about to come down any day now.
He's not a grower so we're doing all of this remotely, without taking up too much of his time hopefully.
Wild times.

CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvest! Hallelujah!

Harvest! Hallelujah!

Olala made it back and how good it feels.
Buds are abit on the dry side at around 50% but all good and I smell it's curing.

He definitely is a grower now and here's what I got left

Gratitude for the novice grower's work was happily given with a few hands full of the harvested buds.
This is what's left and that will keep me personally supplied for a while, which was the plan anyways.

The AG is very good once again, very electric and clear and the BB is also quite something, but on the other end of the spectrum. Heavy narcotic effect.
The Sour Blueberry is not great this time, it's def. nice smoke but just not outstanding.
The Bubblegum sadly has nothing of the original bubblegum which was hoping for secretly. It's an ok indica and quite resiny but not there in the taste and effect departments.

Sadly the AG and the BG have not survived the re-vegging, I guess too little green was left on them at harvest.

The Blueberry and the Sour Blueberry however have made it and I've put a net in.

Will give them a few more days of veg and the flip them again.
I'm doing a quick re-run with them, to make sure I've got some week around but not keeping clones as both are nice but not outstanding so one more harvest will be all I want from them. Also the thought of tossing vegged plants ready to flower and to start from seed again instead of flowering them out first never sits well with me.

Sour Blueberry in the back and Blueberry in the front

Hope you're all good and hope to see some of you again in real life soon.

Cheers
CC

hamstring

Veteran
Gota love those blumats if you travel for your job. I know I do.

Nice grow, what size smart pots do you use? Whats you yield/pot on average?

Cmoon

top job Chevy, pleased to see your back.:ying:

I think ya pals done very well, I love a good reveg, chucked a Kali x outdoors 1st jan with snow on floor, flowered at 4 in now reveging with the one leaf syndrome after 6 months outdoors...gota love the power of cannabis:dance013:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it's hardy stuff in general!
Normally I prune the roots and downpot them into fresh soil, but that would have taken it too far this time. Also I had the time at hand not to worry about when exactly they would re veg.
Wondering what seeds to pop after this. I'm craving lemon...anything loud lemon/citrus.
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Saitama, there is no clear end in sight here, I just do ot for meditative reasons!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flip

Flip

FLipped the room 4 days ago. Screen is filling up nicely and they're certainly not losing time. It feels the flowering hits much faster and harder this second time around. They're already showing preflowers and have started to stretch.
This is the screen during lights off and you can see the light hanging over it.

Now, I've made an interesting discovery:
My light never goes out fully. A weak glow remains in all diodes.
Here's a pic with long 1s exposure on the camera from lights out.

I switched my digital timer for a omnirex mechanical one- same result. Some tiny current seems to be flowing.

It doesn't seem to have hurt the various strains grown so far but really puzzeled as this looks way worse than what people normally describe as light leaks and then they frak out and all their plants start herming and the whole crop is seeded and... oh no...
It's defo bright enough to see inside the tent, it's dim but visible.
Maybe another type of timer can sort it? It must be the timer...
CC

saitama

That's a very interesting problem with the dim LEDs. I'm not sure what could be causing it outside of a faulty timer.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flower day 9

Flower day 9

Update day 9 of flower

The screen filled up nicely and a scrog is really the way to go about these mini grows under LED lighting I find.
Everything is developing super quickly this second time flowering, flowers are starting to form at day 9!

CC

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FLipped the room 4 days ago. Screen is filling up nicely and they're certainly not losing time. It feels the flowering hits much faster and harder this second time around. They're already showing preflowers and have started to stretch.
This is the screen during lights off and you can see the light hanging over it.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=2050213&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Now, I've made an interesting discovery:
My light never goes out fully. A weak glow remains in all diodes.
Here's a pic with long 1s exposure on the camera from lights out.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=2049779&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
I switched my digital timer for a omnirex mechanical one- same result. Some tiny current seems to be flowing.

It doesn't seem to have hurt the various strains grown so far but really puzzeled as this looks way worse than what people normally describe as light leaks and then they frak out and all their plants start herming and the whole crop is seeded and... oh no...
It's defo bright enough to see inside the tent, it's dim but visible.
Maybe another type of timer can sort it? It must be the timer...
CC

Maybes a faulty driver with it still getting power after lights out a trickle current maybe ?. doesnt sound good though. :good: Hope you get it sorted soon .

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a very interesting problem with the dim LEDs. I'm not sure what could be causing it outside of a faulty timer.

I checked with three different timers, low price digital, high price digital and omnirex mechanical...
All the same unfortunately. I've googled it and it appears the current that drives the timer for some reason needs to go through the lamp, so by design there is a minimal current.
LEDs need so little current that they light up faintly...
I was advised by 250er from the German forum to plug a multi socket with a switch with a control light in between as that would use the current so it doesn't make it to the LEDs but it didn't work...
Maybe the light isn't grounded properly?
I have no idea... as I said the buds turned uot nice the last couple grows so no issues, just wondering if I can optimise it ;-)
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybes a faulty driver with it still getting power after lights out a trickle current maybe ?. doesnt sound good though. :good: Hope you get it sorted soon .

Thanks man,
Yeah I don't want to complain too hard as it doesn't have any detrimental effects on the plants but would prefer a 100% lights off night scenario in my grow ;-)
Maybe they could have put some kind of resistor in the light to prevent the diodes from lighting up even if it's only producing a very faint light.
It appears all the timers I have need the little current going through the lamp to operate...

Mars Hydro said they're working on something, let's see ;-)
CC

Latest posts

Latest posts