What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HazePhase's LED Organic No-Till Grow Journal - 2017

HazePhase

Hello Everyone,

This is my first ever grow and I am going to do my best to stay on top of this journal and keep it nice and tidy.
Looking forward to feedback from all angles as my plants aren't the only ones here to grow :watchplant:

Strain: Tangilope (Tangie X Chocolope)
Flower time: 9 weeks
Yield: 450-550 g/m2
80% sativa / 20% indica
Grow Stage: Seedling - Sprouted on St. Paddy's Day!

Indoor Grow in No-Till Organic Soil
20g Perlite / 20g Peat Moss / 15g EWC / 5g Mushroom Compost
4 cups of: Neem / Alfalfa Meal / Kelp Meal / Crab Meal
8 cups of: Dolomite Lime
32 cups of: Rock Dust Mix

Size of Pot: 15 Gallon Smart Pots w/ Scrogco 2x2 metal screens per plant
Size of Light: 48x48 - 12 COB Custom LED
6" Carbon Filter and 6" Fan with Ducting
3 x Small Oscillating Fans for air circulation
Temp: TBD - waiting on batteries to arrive
5x5x7 Gorilla Grow Tent

I am growing 6 plants but I will be taking 2 of them for cloning and will put them in a 2x4 tent for vegging awhile long while the other 4 stay in the 5x5 for flowering.

I am super excited and glad I was finally able to find some time to post my journal.
Really looking forward to continuing this and please ask away with any questions you may have and I will get back to you.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to read and follow.

:good:
HazePhase

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 12
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 18
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16

HazePhase

I found out today that my light is being shipped tomorrow so I should have it by the end of the week.
I'll post pictures when it arrives but here are the specs in regards to my custom made LED light:

12 Cob Vero 29 D series SE
1400 PPFD at 8"
6 COBs BXRC-40E10K0-D-73-SE
6 COBs BXRC-30E10K0-D-73-SE
108,000 lumens
Switchable 6 COBs on veg/12 COBs on flower
230 per rail
690 w total.

Pictures attached:
Sideways one is veg lights only. Other is all lights. Per array - 3 arrays total.

Super excited so I wanted to share :)
Have a great evening everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_9928.jpg
    IMG_9928.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9927.jpg
    IMG_9927.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 12

HazePhase

A shot from this morning.

A shot from this morning.

It's funny the two that aren't shedding their seeds are:
#1 of 16 to sprout - the one that looks like a duck bill
#6 of 6 to sprout - leaves popping out yet barely

Also since then I topped off the solo cups with more soil to help cover the stretch :)

Attachments

• Seedlings Near Light.jpg
    Seedlings Near Light.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 13
  • UpClose.jpg
    UpClose.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 15

HazePhase

PAR Reading

PAR Reading

Here is a quick video from the person building my lights testing out PAR for my 4000k COBS which are on my light.

https://youtu.be/Xg9lsBZt3FI

It's packaged as you can see below and will be arriving this week.

Another picture he sent me was how many cobs i could fit on this light as you see in image but that would be overkill LOL.
He also said I can add another array on there which I might down the road for sure.

Thanks everyone for following might update tonight with my seedlings.

Attachments

• Wrapped and good togo.jpg
    Wrapped and good togo.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 16
  • one array.jpg
    one array.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 15
  • How Many Cobs Fit you ask.jpg
    How Many Cobs Fit you ask.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 12

HazePhase

update pics

update pics

Hey Everyone,

They broke through the soil on St. Paddy's Day so hopefully this is going to be my lucky Grow!! :)

They are doing well and I feel over the last couple of days have really started to speed up on the growth.

I was watering about a 1/4 cup of water per solo cup every 2 1/2 - 3 days and now they seem to be wanting that every 2 days which is nice to see :)
(PH 6.5 is what i used but it had to be lowered from 9.1 with organic lemon juice)

Probably by next weekend i will be transplanting them into 2 gallon containers for 3 weeks and then in their final 15 gallon smart pot!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Attachments

• 5of6.jpg
    5of6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 4of6.jpg
    4of6.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 3of6.jpg
    3of6.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 2of6.jpg
    2of6.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 1of6.jpg
    1of6.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 17

HazePhase

Quick updated picture from this morning.

Quick updated picture from this morning.

They are going to be going into 2 gallon pots probably by the weekend.

I am going to be making more soil tomorrow and it will cook for 3 weeks and then I will move my girls from the 2 gallon into their 15 gallon smart pots with the exception of 2 of them which will be going into a 20 gallon smart pot and moved come flower time into a veg tent for further vegging / cloning and then flowering after the first four are done

Have a great day Everyone!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 17

HazePhase

Update: pictures and herbal tea treat

Update: pictures and herbal tea treat

Good Day Fellow Cannabis Enthusiasts,

It's been awhile since I made a post so I thought it was time.
They are now in their 2 gallon homes in their tent with 3 little clip fans moving air and my 6" intake fan on low - randomly throughout the day.

I've been having trouble getting my humidity and temperature up considering my plants are still small and my light produces no heat. (40% rh & 22 degrees celcius)

I just finished feeding my plants the following concoction:
2 cups E/W/C + 2 Tablespoons of Organic molasses + pinch of kelp meal + pinch of yeast in a nylon sock. Put into 4.5 gallons of Aloe water with an air stone and bubbled for 46 hours.

I also have some barley sprouting at the moment which should be ready for the next watering for some barley sst :)

In the next 3-4 weeks I will be getting a 2x4 veg tent and LED COB 4 light array for that tent.
Open to suggestions for tents :)

Have a great day everyone and thanks for following along.

Attachments

• Classy.jpg
    Classy.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 12
  • all together.jpg
    all together.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 17
  • SideKick.jpg
    SideKick.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Champ.jpg
    Champ.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 13
  • BrewTea.jpg
    BrewTea.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 15

HazePhase

Update Time:
The plants are doing well but I am open to feedback as this is my first ever grow.
I now have my light (which is still missing an array and getting fixed... should have been in on Friday... anyways... lol) on 11/11 for power so it's shooting the full amount of light at the moment but I still have it 3 feet away.
(I was told to leave it here if they aren't reaching for the light but I have no idea)

RH: 48% - need a humidifier as my intake fan lowers it down to 40% and i can't get up to the 50-70% that's best for Veg.
Temp: 22-25 degrees Celcius

The soil is still damp but in a few days when it's watering time I have brewed up some Barley SST which is frozen in ice cube trays in the freezer at the moment.

Super excited to add my other array of lights once it's back in my home!!

Please be gentle on Scraggles - she is the spindly looking one. She shed her seed later than the rest and took awhile to get going. She also only grew half of a leaf but seems to be picking up speed now :)

Looking for feedback, comments and company.

Question:
1. When does one start training their plant - I was going to move into 15 gallons in 2 more weeks then was going to start - that too late? - Doing Scrog individual 2x2 metal screens.
2. When does one start topping their plant?

All the very best and thank you!
HazePhase

Attachments

• HalfRoot.jpg
    HalfRoot.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Mighty.jpg
    Mighty.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Scraggle.jpg
    Scraggle.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 14
  • UnderGrowth.jpg
    UnderGrowth.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Snappy.jpg
    Snappy.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 13

HazePhase

Super Cropped & Topped First Attempt

Super Cropped & Topped First Attempt

Okay so I topped 3 plants this morning before leaving for work. (I made sure to sterilize before making the cut)
Then I went in about an hour ago when they woke up and also super cropped one of them (by pinching the stem till it bends - hope i did that right)

Pictures are attached but please leave me your feedback as I am learning every day and I am trying new things to compare and learn.
This has been such an exciting ride and its just begun :)

Please leave me your feedback advice etc..
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Attachments

• Topped1.jpg
    Topped1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Topped5.jpg
    Topped5.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Topped4.jpg
    Topped4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Topped3.jpg
    Topped3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SuperCrop.jpg
    SuperCrop.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 13

HazePhase

I will be posting tonight an update but here is from this morning.
Now lesson learned as I am a newb but after topping them i tied them down which i found out you do one or the other.

So they were tied down for 3.5-4 hours and then untied them last night - this morning they were back and perky :)

lesson learned.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 16

Trich_Tyson

Once your two new top branches Grow out you can tie em down. You can top em again too. End up with nice squarish bushes

Plants look great tho man!

HazePhase

Once your two new top branches Grow out you can tie em down. You can top em again too. End up with nice squarish bushes

Plants look great tho man!

Sweet will do!
Is it normal for them to slow down after topping them as they don't seem to be growing as fast as they were before i did this?

Assuming a bit of shock?

M

meowmeowmeow

Question:
1. When does one start training their plant - I was going to move into 15 gallons in 2 more weeks then was going to start - that too late? - Doing Scrog individual 2x2 metal screens.
2. When does one start topping their plant?

All the very best and thank you!
HazePhase

1. I wait until my girls are atleast 1-1.5 ft tall before doing any Low Stress Training.

2. I top when it's necessary only to keep the height of the plant down or to buy more time.
For example I topped a plant approx a month ago and its already back to where it was before looking like a shriub.

In response to recovery time for after topping below with no quote......in my experience.
Mine take about a week or 2 to get over being beheaded. It does or potentially can stress your plants out.

Keep up the good work homie. :biggrin:

HazePhase

Thanks Boys!
Alright well I gave them some Barley SST around supper time last night and they are sleeping till 5pm so i hope that helps give them a boost :)

Enjoy the day

HazePhase

Photo update

Photo update

Picture update - still slowly in growing since I topped them 2 days ago but looking nice!
I don't know much but how do they look?
Look really nice to me but I am biased LOL

Also I have lowered my light from 3 feet away to 2 feet away :)

Thanks Folks!!

Attachments

• awesome.jpg
    awesome.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Beauty.jpg
    Beauty.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Great!!.jpg
    Great!!.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 12
  • GreenGreen.jpg