What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you think are the OTHER effects of cannabis

angelgoob

What do you think makes cannabis so special in treating cancer? The flavanoids or the cannabiods or whatnot.

In other words, have you realized cannabis has apigenin in it? What other features of cannaibs help cancer?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.

soil margin

Veteran
Cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.

This right here is likely huge. Senescence (the aging process, pre-planned cell death) is critical for pretty much all life forms on Earth and cannabinoids/terpenes seem pretty instrumental in making sure senescence happens properly in marijuana. These compounds keep humans healthy because they were designed to keep plants healthy and we share much of the same biology. Cannabis had already solved the fundamental biological problems that humans face everyday, but it did it millions of years ago and without needing harmful antibiotics or addictive opioids.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I remember reading something about cannabinoids and the immune system, maybe I saved the paper. Anywho, it had something to do with the CB2 receptors and how they are present in a lot of the tissues that have influence over our immune system. Keeping the system healthy or super charged may have some bearing on how our body’s natural defenses fight things.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
There is also the placebo effect of hope. With many things not fully understood about cannabis. Our hope in the known and unknown lift our spirits and attitudes. A positive attitude goes a long way in dealing with adversities. Altering or diverting ones fears through the temporary effects of cannabis is very peaceful and soothing. This reinforcement of circumstances contributes to a better emotional and physical state of mind. That is why I end every post with Peace.

Galaxy420

What do you think makes cannabis so special in treating cancer? The flavanoids or the cannabiods or whatnot.

In other words, have you realized cannabis has apigenin in it? What other features of cannaibs help cancer?

well the shape and form of the cannabinoid imparts knowledge and info to our cell walls via biochemical pathways. form affecting function.... and the cannabinoid is crystal and crystals store information while the lipid coating provides a carbon fuel for the crystal to go through cellular membranes or biphasic ....

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the antioxidant properties of THC are a big part of it, & i'd bet a pretty penny that many of the other 80 some cannabinoids known so far will eventually be shown to aid in the efficiency shown so far of THC & CBD. the "entourage effect" of whole plant uses far outweighs use of just one or two elements. this was demonstrated clearly during the development of vitamin C as a dietary supplement. researchers discovered that the purer it got, the less effective it was. i think cannabis will be much the same once researchers really dig into it. just one more reason Big Pharma has little interest....i think they already KNOW.:tiphat: they will cling to their golden geese as long as possible...

J

jaded1

Cannabinoids are what fight cancer in cannabis.The body converts them to endo cannabinoids and use the bodies immunity system to fight the tumors.They are already making and testing synthetic drugs over here that have the same action and early tests have been quite successful.

angelgoob

there's other shit like beta-caryophelene, linalool, pinene, myrcene, limonene.

They all have different effects. Most of them are anti-cancer or anti-oxidants.

Not to mention weed has apigenin. An anti-cancer-anti-anxiety substance found in Cannabis and chamomile tea.

Rosmarinic acid is also found to be in Cannabis. also acts on GABA t. Anti-anxiety agent. Stops the breakdown of GABA.

zoic

Big Pharma has little interest....

There seems to be some interest by Big Pharma, ie GW Pharmaceuticals. They already have Sativex nailed for MS, made from whole plant apparently (that is getting it right). The is another one I cannot remember but if you Google it you can see they seem to be on the right track. Way too expensive I am sure, and it is cut with 50% alcohol.

zoic

Incomplete information is not my style so I had to go look it up.
The other one is Epidiolex which is for treatment of rare forms of epilepsy, like Dravet syndrome. That one is in Phase 111 trials but it seems to be working well.

angelgoob

other terpenes and shit have anti-cancer properties also. It's not just THC and CBD.

how did this plant evolve, to protect us?

mr.brunch

Veteran
I think we evolved around the plant.... weed was here long before us, and appears to have us trained quite well.

przcvctm

Not only does it quiet my PTSD fear and worry to almost nothing, micro dosing cannabis extinguishes my acrophobia that I've had since I was a young boy trying to climb trees with others.

One puff and I can get right to the edge of my roof and clean the gutters with the best of them.

Galaxy420

other terpenes and shit have anti-cancer properties also. It's not just THC and CBD.

how did this plant evolve, to protect us?

cannabinoids were developed by sea squirts what's determined a few billion years ago and they developed that lipid signalling system.. all chordate life or life forms with a spinal column use an endocannabinoid system to sustain homeostasis for the organism...
the cannabinoids are encoded with geometric information via their shape or structure and cellular signalling is the result of those shapes bumping our cellular makeup...

We synthesize endocannabinoids on demand @ the cb receptor site and we utilize phytocannabinoids that store in tissue when we eat or consume cannabis plant