What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DeadWood

I have bred this stellar Indica specimen and have sent her out to the proper people across this great nation a few months ago.... Med patients in Cali,MI,Oh,Co,NY,NJ should be seeing her sometime soon as the gardeners I have sent her to are all the epitome of gentlemen...and will honor my wishes to get this beauty into the needing hands of the sick. please post here when you get wind of deadwood in any dispensary... TY to all involved... The creator of Deadwood...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

joeking

stellar looking plants. By chance you mentioned gentlemen, were you a fan of the show on HBO? If so, me too, loved it;)

Capn

Looking stellar.

As a med patient and an indica lover, I can't wait to get my hands on some form of deadwood.

HorseMouth

Wow! Love the look of the Indica. Clone only, or r your seeds up to par?

I'm in Oregon, did any of these get out here?

Looks like a Skywalker I used to work a lot with.

-peace

P

planty

Great job. I don't care what it is made of I'd be happy to tend to it...

First I'd like to thank all of you for the comments and the interest.

Let me see if I can answer some questions about this gal..

1 gentleman on the 1st page was not only correct in it's lineage but accurate as well and that's a nice change ,,congrats.

She is indeed a stand out pheno from a batch of around 75 gals that stood out amongst a room full of mommas which were all keepers in many respects.

I was testing my theory that I could get silver particles small enough to penetrate the plant's integumentary system and successfully inhibit the ethylene production ,and reverse target females for pollen .

This was of course to avoid the use of sts which was new in it's application of sexual reversals at the time ,,we had some cats selling the solution (sts) for an ungodly amount of money back then,,under the name "EXE" Elite or something close to that.

I had the real sweet pink grapefruit cut on hand as well as a number of other elites as they are still referred to today.

I targeted a SPG mother with CS solution,and she responded quickly to the reversal and provided me with an abundance of male stamen that had fertile pollen.

I hit a Big fat Katsu Bubba Kush Gal that was outdoors and in flower with the pollen.

Fast forward 60 days I harvested a batch of very nice seeds which were the first from a Colloidal silver reversal in cannabis to date and I quickly rushed the germ process to test
the results.

All the seedlings were Uber vigorous and grew with a zeal that you would expect in any F1.
I took note that there were 3 groups that were identifiable if you studied tham.
The Bubba Phenos, The SPG phenos and the in between actual hybrids.

It was this small 3rd group that had my attention.

As this group matured I noticed traits surface that neither P1 parent could fully display all
of the desirable traits that I wanted in a complete package .

The SPG cut is a great breeder and a stand alone cut but wasn't as resinous as the Bubba or "Dank" ,it wanted to autoflower quite often and needed to have the flowers actually denser as they would tend to be lose like a sativa.

The Bubba lacked the complete cola growth and would rather grow in balls along the stem as many of these OG Kushes do today,,and due to this she isn't known to be a producer.
But we all know that Bubba when grown proper is pure dank.

Both P1 parents offer great medicinal properties .

The Deadwood when fully done stood out as the winner and my buddy who I had been growing with since 1980 was not about to let this specimen get away, so he quickly clipped off a few branches that were fully flowered from the bottom and ran off with them.

Lucky for everybody he was as excited as he was,,and for good reason as the original seed mom was the kind of plant that you just stood and gawked at for hours.

I want to note that there were plenty of other phenos that would have been worth passing along today and shared as the cuts being praised and named elite today are utter garbage in my honest opinion,and don't have the desirable traits that a progressive breeding program would focus on,especially with regards to structure,stretch, yield.
The potency is still there with many but the other traits I mentioned have long since been lost.

I reversed a few more strains before writing a guide and full document of what I found with Colloidal Silver's applications for reversals in Cannabis World,,,I'm very pleased to see people still using this method today.

Deadwood is a freak pheno that has all the desirable traits wrapped up into one package that a medicinal grower could ask for.

She does however have one catch....she is a soil loving plant.
I tried her in hydro ,(ebb n flow) and found her to grow too fast and didn't grow as she would in soil, maintaining a tight solid profile.
I feel somebody would be wise to experiment with her today and keep the nitrogen down to a minimal in flower maybe with a Lucas formula,,may change everything.

But in soil she shows off her stuff ,and will give the grower a huge yield of up to 2 lbs with 18 -24 plants shoved under a 1k Hort eye...
This is done by growing out the cuts to 16-18" in 30 days under a 1k and then flipped at the 16'-18" mark.
My bro has done this in 1.5 to 2 gallon pots for 7 years, using soil and peters bloom formula or organics...results are always done in 60 days and provide a colorful , easy to trim harvest.

The trim is so dank that it cuts like a steak and makes the best hash material or baking media...

The cuts root quickly and effortlessly in loose soil...my bro has always trimmed off the lower small growth just before flipping them into flower and rooted that for years,never maintaining a mother.
This may be the preferred method for an experienced med grower with concerns for plant numbers,,(just make sure you are solid on cloning) otherwise keep a momma,,you don't wanna lose this cut!

The potency,,,let's just say that is you suffer muscle pain and vicodin has worked then you will love this plant,,if you suffer any sleep disorders,you won't ever again,,if you wanna smoke yourself into a coma ,,you can do it with this plant... (not sure why you'd wanna do that??)

This plant is as easy as they come to grow,,just grow it don't try to over think it!
I see so many kids writing shit like " Help I just got a (insert flavor of the week) cut and I don't know what to do!

Funny ,,,just grow it and don't worry ,the plant will tell you when she's done,,just take care of the essentials.
Deadwood will show plenty of colors at day 50 and increase up to harvest,cold or not,,that's the SPG and Bubba in her.

The smell is as unique as the plant's appearance and is best described as Sour, it's a very unique flavor and smell that is with her forever and is easy to smell once it has been opened or smoked.
She does not smell in flower at all and the stealth factor is as big as the best NL pheno ,but once you harvest it and start to cut,,,all bets are off! it reeks!

Keep the nitrogen to a minimal with this gal in flower and nitrogen in the soil low,,she isn't sensitive to nutes and is easy as pie to grow, nitrogen just delays her flower ...

she will stretch about 75% or 100% max under proper lighting,,maintaining a vertical profile with minimal branching.
Don't top this gal more than once and preferably not at all..
Humidity must be kept at a minimum once she is past 45 days the flowers grow so dense that mold or rot is a reality with dense soaked flowers,,,,think major air flow and 50% or less RH.

I have seen many phenos in my life,,,this one deserves a place up on the top shelf.
A once in a lifetime plant!

picture.php

picture.php

S

Smoke Buddy

Nice work Bro. Im hoping I can find this cut in a Sacramento club... It apears to have everything Im looking for in a clone! :) any idea if any came to the Sac area?

Latest posts

Latest posts