What's new

Upside down Cannabis plant

THe Herbal Cure

Greetings,

Just Curious if any of you have ever grown a Cannabis plant upside down like they do with tomato plants??? I have had one going for about 2 months and it looks happy and healthly... I figure I could have 2 crops going at the same time if I don't use hoods on my bulbs one hanging from the ceilin the other on the ground in pots like normal... is this crazy **** or what??? let me know if you have tried this before.

120617644_e314ee0102_m.jpg

I have taken a clone to test bloom and she looks and smells great....

120611520_c4271887f2_m.jpg

This is a Stavia/Indica Hybrid that I have been working on Called the O-Town

THC

V

vhGhost

never done or seen that before , but thats some messed up shit . is that in soil ?
and do the roots grow up ?

G

weird shit man. How do you water? does it all drip onto the plant?

medicaluser420

Would make sense if you had a cool tube or something without hood. I think the reasoning is that he can use all the space even the ceiling space. But it would be hard to find all the studs to hang the hooks and maintenece would be a bitch. It might be nice for outside or something or just to keep a mom. Good Luck

G

lol

lol

lol , best dam laugh ive had in a while , I like youre creativity though. Why dont you plant another plant on top of the upside down ones!!! double sided plants !!!, plus the ones on the ground like normal triple the outputt.Waite plus plants on the walls . plants on the walls :chin: That would 6 fold your yeild!!! :chin: :woohoo: You can put scrogg material all over the walls and ceiling . hang pots on the scrog and train all over the room till its complety engulfed in plants . veg them till youre room is a green box and youre in it. then flower for 10 week for maximum colas .. Just think the omega garden and spinning gardens will have nothing on youre use of space. :dueling: you can do it , .. Put 4 lights facing up, ..4 facing down like "NORMAL",.. and 1 towards each vertical wall. .

Moltar

Please post some close ups of where the plant comes through the bottom of your container, I was thinking of something like this last night, because my growing space is long (12ft) as well as 8ft tall, but only 11in deep. With scrog on the bottom and hanging plants above, i can make the space very managable.

ickster

That is pretty damn slick. Great conversation piece LOL I have the same question as JayRoach420, how do you water it. Very carefully LOL

MORE PICS!!!

G

Very interestig!

Watering, feeding, pot design, etc. would not be very complicated and difficult, I think. What I'm curious about is auxins and how they're gonna work upside down, how will rootball develope, branches and stem, etc. Very, very cool idea and is worth researching. I might try something similar later.

Last edited:
G

You won't have to stake them or support the buds. LOL
This "topsy turvy" Tomato planter is used in tomato growing so that staking them is not necessary since all the fruit will hang and not need support from the branches.

These could be used in an outdoor grow and hung in tops of trees.

:tup:

G

Ive never sen anything like that in my life. Thats got to take picture of the month lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

.♠.

This would be good for strains like ECSD, they can't hold themselves up once the buds start to pack on, so just let them hang down....problem solved.

A very interesting set-up to say the least. I had to look at the photo a couple times to make sure I was seeing it correctly.

Please post up some more detailed info and pics.

Keep the Peace

killabrown420

PRetty damn clever THC, I used to think about all the possibilities of maximizing the light and seeing you do it is pretty cool. Imagine, mylar on the ceilings too!

G

i ahve seen these pots before they are used mainly for tomatoe growing in certain areas.. they usualy ahng them in tress and stuff. dont know the reall point of it but a great way to save and or utilize space. these pots have been around for a while now...pretty creative if you ask me. think about it 50 plants under the light 25 plants above the light...wild thaught..

Germankreuz

Strange indeed.... Almost like the Omega Garden which grows them upside down. Always seemed weird to me. Love to see some more pics!

gwfh1974

I had an upside down tomatoe plant last year... ya water it like normal on the top and it does run down the stalk... makes it look a lil weird imho like its got warts LMAO!!!! It grew like a freakin madman! by the time summer was over it was touchin the ground. I put up hooks and draped them, it was great for me cuz the baby boy couldn't mess with mamas plant.