What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dinafem OG Kush origin?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Yup, that's why I stick with breeders that make originals, and not just try to use pre-existing clone names to sell seeds. Dinachem was a joke. My boy hyped it up as killer, it looked schwaggy as fuck and had no resemblance to the chem family whatsoever

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
From what I could find is that Dinafem OGK = Emerald OG ( (Fire og x Emerald Diesel) x Fire og), in other words it's a Fire og BX.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
From what I could find is that Dinafem OGK = Emerald OG ( (Fire og x Emerald Diesel) x Fire og), in other words it's a Fire og BX.

That's the same conclusion I came to, like a year or so ago. Researched it hard, and that's the conclusion I came too. From experience with those seeds, they are fincky. Out of 5 or so seeds of it, only one survived, and then that plant grew finicky. Didn't look like OGK at all. Fat buds loaded with long ass hairs.

Still though Dinafem does have a lot of nice strains. Power Kush, Super Silver, Cheese, Blue Widow, White Widow, Critical Jack, Dinachem, Deep Cheese, Diesel, I have grown them all. Good plants, for good prices. Even though they are "mis-labeling" certain strains, the seeds still make nice plants. Reasonable choices for newer growers that can't walk down to the local clone shop and pick up cuts. Plus they are feminized, so that's another plus for newer growers getting their feet wet.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
That's the same conclusion I came to, like a year or so ago. Researched it hard, and that's the conclusion I came too. From experience with those seeds, they are fincky. Out of 5 or so seeds of it, only one survived, and then that plant grew finicky. Didn't look like OGK at all. Fat buds loaded with long ass hairs.

Still though Dinafem does have a lot of nice strains. Power Kush, Super Silver, Cheese, Blue Widow, White Widow, Critical Jack, Dinachem, Deep Cheese, Diesel, I have grown them all. Good plants, for good prices. Even though they are "mis-labeling" certain strains, the seeds still make nice plants. Reasonable choices for newer growers that can't walk down to the local clone shop and pick up cuts. Plus they are feminized, so that's another plus for newer growers getting their feet wet.
Couldn't agree more with the whole "nice plants coming from their seeds", I've seen a bunch of dinafem freebies that were solid all around, I just really hate all the name dropping on shit that it has nothing to do with, then the rec market is full of "og kush" and "chemdog" and "blue dream" and it kind of ruins the reputation of the real clones. Every dispensary in Lansing I've been to has "og" that clearly is nowhere close to legit, and they don't even bother themselves with looking at my og overages that are verified legitimate. It's just an annoyance. But their gear that's not knock-offs is totally worth it for a grower in a non-medical state that just wants good fem seeds

jay sus

you are right when you´re right. but after 30 odd years of euro seed game, where´s the news? it started from it. it will end there. what ever good guys there are get flak for what? exactly? it eludes me. i´ll go for real thing, there just ain´t one to be get. if you´re so lucky to live even in continent to get real thing, good for you, same for some spanish dudes who seem to forget there´s life where it even should not exist. good for you if not anything else rest of us should die? quit getting high so not to disturb your life. one love half a brain:woohoo:

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I'm pretty sure you can order archive seeds in spain. Or gage green. So there's no real "this is the closest to real I can ger" argument, because there are a lot of breeders working with real og making real fire.

S

sourpuss

Grown dinafem grapefruit blueberry and will never grow dinafem again. Was ok weed. Not 1 stand out pheno. Taste was ok. No blueberry. Straight grapefuit. Resin glands were tiny. Long hairs small glands. 1 full on herm. For the money not bad. But still the bottom quality of my list of beans ive popped. Sad truth. Might be the strain or the breeder who made em.

Alatrist

Dinafem is wack, every strain of them with a famous name is a bad representation of it, cheese, widow, silver haze... They are not like the original. The chem and og familiy, I found it ridicoulus.
All I've seen from them looks better than it smokes. Only good thing I can say about them is their strains usually yield well (strange, even talking about strains that shouldn't yield well). Cheap knockoffs for expensive prices.
Bulk seed producers, no breeding involved, so why expect a quality product. They trick newbies into buying their seeds with massive publicity, scene here in spain is full of this type of companies. Really a shame.

Cheers.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Spot on Stanky and Mustafunk, and not the first time either

Culturally, the Spain scene is not so focused on Elite cuts like the USA is, it evolved very differently due to the environment here.

Basically, as home cultivation boomed and youth in rural communities and villages became very normal, it is almost hard to sell weed because it is just passed around among friends, family etc. There are lots of good OD growers and people breeding lines, preserving 30 year old sativas from the hippie days, you name it. There is little culture of indoor or hydro growing, or really of excellence, so elites are rare and few people outside of a few hundred experts could even identify any.

In the US, with savage penalties and huge rewards, the center of hippie culture and the early pioneers of knowledge and growing moved north from SF, then moved indoors for stealth and urban growing. In N Cal where in entire areas it was the main crop, people obviously quickly noticed that some peoples crops were selling straightaway for top dollar and others slower and for less.... So it always was a much more aggressive market there, higher quality fetched much more money, so running some elite clone is essential for most US growers whereas 99% of Spaniards just buy a new pack of seeds with a nice picture and cool name. There is also little culture of setting up indoor commercial grows here compared to other countries.

N

NewAgeGenetics

LOL!

dinafem sells S1 and F1 fems, need some pheno selection but you can find amazing plants from 10 or 20 plants.

grapefruit x blueberry is an excellent strain for european outdoors, my friends asked more and more from "the orange tasting weed"
Spot on Stanky and Mustafunk, and not the first time either

Culturally, the Spain scene is not so focused on Elite cuts like the USA is, it evolved very differently due to the environment here.

Basically, as home cultivation boomed and youth in rural communities and villages became very normal, it is almost hard to sell weed because it is just passed around among friends, family etc. There are lots of good OD growers and people breeding lines, preserving 30 year old sativas from the hippie days, you name it. There is little culture of indoor or hydro growing, or really of excellence, so elites are rare and few people outside of a few hundred experts could even identify any.

In the US, with savage penalties and huge rewards, the center of hippie culture and the early pioneers of knowledge and growing moved north from SF, then moved indoors for stealth and urban growing. In N Cal where in entire areas it was the main crop, people obviously quickly noticed that some peoples crops were selling straightaway for top dollar and others slower and for less.... So it always was a much more aggressive market there, higher quality fetched much more money, so running some elite clone is essential for most US growers whereas 99% of Spaniards just buy a new pack of seeds with a nice picture and cool name. There is also little culture of setting up indoor commercial grows here compared to other countries.

Cloud Dancing

From my experience Og Kush from Dinafem its a real nice strain, ive growing about 30 seeds, and they all looking pretty healthy and high its also very potent. If it comes to variety of phenos, i found this strain very stable , there is an IBL in my opinion. I cant add any photos yet, but ill post it soon. Og Kush from dinafem is a one of my best strain so far.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Yeah bro, might be a nice strain, but calling it og is basically criminal. It is really stable. And all the phenos everyone's posted don't have the slightest resemblance to og. If they wanna have a modicum of respect amongst knowledgeable growers and breeders, they'd just make original names for their shit. Because there are definitely some good keepers to be found, they just are very far from their namesakes

STRANDvasker

pretty easy

emerald triangle seeds had too many whack grow reports and a lot of issues so suddenly it became humboldt seeds (both easy going names for when newbies are gonna buy seeds) when emerald weren't around humbled took whatever they had of plants to dinafem and suddenly dinafem had cuts no other seedbank had and the quality of humboldt seeds got a little better. But IMO rebranding and calling same seeds two different things and being straight up lying about things thats no good. Ohh and funny if you start dig into things you can actually see a line in it all. Dinafem/hso all bs and time waste

GoneGrowing

all those quotes abot it being emerald OG, Fire OG bx and so on? this is how Dinafem OG Kush is described on attitude seedbank "
It has been obtained by crossing Lemon Thai / Pakistani with the famous ChemDawg.

Description couldn't be more weak lemon thai and pakistani? but hey claim there's some chemdawg in it.

Have a friend growing out a freebie of it, in early bloom, has a bit resemblance to SFV OG in structure, but nothing major in smell department yet

DrZero

old thread

old thread

well I have there bubba and OG kush right now so I will let you no soon... Well I mean if any u guys are still out there :thank you:

and they are not the only ones that do it...
many of the big spanish companies do this...starting from buddha seeds upto dinafem and such and such...it's a matter of time till every one will be producing/supplying from spanish sources...even rare dankness started to do shit here!!!

paz

source for the raredankness thing?

Z

Ziggaro

This is why I won't buy from Europe anymore. Too many breeders outsource to Spain and quality imo takes a dip.
I've also heard rd makes beans for sale here in USA and outsources the rest.

Dinafem og kush that I grew was nowhere close to og except for hard piny buds. I wouldn't bother growing anything from them, free or not. Not worth the time and space

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
This is why I won't buy from Europe anymore. Too many breeders outsource to Spain and quality imo takes a dip.
I've also heard rd makes beans for sale here in USA and outsources the rest.

Dinafem og kush that I grew was nowhere close to og except for hard piny buds. I wouldn't bother growing anything from them, free or not. Not worth the time and space

I feel you on their OG Kush representation. Tried 3 seeds. Only one made it to be a "real plant" . The other two , one died during germination, and the other was a mutant that wouldn't grow. The one that made it, was nothing like any OG I have grown or seen. Made long running buds, that didn't look like OG at all. Smell was off for an "OG" as well.

With that being said. I have grown several other Dinafem varieties. Almost all were really nice plants. Easy to grow, easy to clone. Nice yields, but most lack in the potency department. The best I had from them was Dinachem, Power Kush, and White Widow. Their Roadrunner #2 (autoflower) is still in my top 5 favorite Auto's I have ever grown. Spicy, peppery smell and taste. Potency was on point as well. I grew the RR#2 outside, and a lot of my buddies thought it was indoor bud.

Latest posts

Latest posts