What's new

1000w Sativa Tent: Cannabiogen Caribe & Destroyer, Female Seeds C99

R

recent guest

My 'Female' Seeds Cinderella 99 is gender confused.

I know there has been some debate about this, with many growers claiming that this strain is prone to throwing nanners. I will not weigh in on either side because I believe that environmental stresses heavily influence the production of hermaphrodite flowers, but I will just add another anecdotal report, that yes, this strain threw male flowers for me.

That said, I think that it might just be more sensitive than other strains to environmental stress. The bannanas on my plant are not without cause, because the dark/light cycle for these plants has been altered rapidly, from dark beginning at 10PM and ending at 10AM to darkness beginning at 6PM and ending at 6AM. This is because I am going away and will have to leave the tent open, and I want the cycle to match the natural light cycle. But in any case, this shift has had some problems and the light cycle has not been 100% perfect.

Pictures coming.

R

recent guest

well, the tent ended up getting above 90F for a couple days in a row while I was gone...the caribe and the C99 were fine, both have very dense buds, but the destroyer's bud structure is very airy....you could fly a small airplane through the main cola. Thats ok for now since it was a seed run...im wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the buds are seeded, combined with extreme prolonged heat. I dont think its the destroyer's genes per say, because the lower buds that are near to the exhaust fan are a bit more dense, with great thick crystal coverage just like the breeder's description suggests, despite being almost fully seeded.

R

recent guest

Finishing up in the spring sun and cool spring nights....they come into the tent when I go to sleep and come out at around 10 in the AM, since its after the spring equinox!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

recent guest

Harvest is under way, all three plants are ready after 80 days. Here is the main cola of the caribe.

picture.php

DevilWeedSeeds

Private Breeder
ICMag Donor
Nice harvest Bear! Nice purple colors in the outdoor plants. Too bad about the air buds and high heat but aleast the C99 came out nice. The cola looks sweet!

R

recent guest

Guess you are a sativa guy?

Do I take it youre an indica girl? :blowbubbles:

I love all seed bearing plants on this earth! Indica is nice too. I have six Chitral Kush seedlings going to replace these.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Enjoyed the grow. I dont feel 90 was too hot for the destroyer, just a tall stretchy phenotype. Did the calyxes swell fully on her? Just my opinion.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Nice looking plants. I was always under the impression that C99 was nanner proof, so that's interesting. Make no mistake, I make plenty though. How was the smoke?

choom

I love this thread and your garden..I've always wanted to have Destroyer in my garden (one of my priority Must Haves), but really any nice full on sativa; I'm a sativa head and there's barely any in the indica dom PNW, even dispensaries will list any random indica hybrid as a 'sativa'. I almost had a Cinderella99 clone from a dispensary to throw pollen on but it had bugs and the nuking was too strong for it.. damn bunk access points! Wasn't really surprised and was prepared for it though..

choom(0:

R

recent guest

Yeah I actually smoked the VERY last little bit of that destroyer yesterday. At first I thought it was slightly underpowered, but after a 6 month cure it became 'wow' potent and long lasting despite producing a pint jar full of seeds. The smell was pretty phenomenal after all that time, too. Like a...damp stump with some lime zest. Very sativa in the effect. I feel like I harvested that one two or three weeks early.

Right now I have two of her offspring that just showed female flowers. One I think is a Destroyer x Malawi and the other is a Destroyer x Chocolope for sure, with the same amazing sweet ripe honey mellon smell that the offspring of the C99 had. I grew out one of those seeds and it is divine in smell and pretty decent in effect, but a poor yielder so not a keeper.

R

recent guest

Nice looking plants. I was always under the impression that C99 was nanner proof, so that's interesting. Make no mistake, I make plenty though. How was the smoke?

I didn't worry too much about it because this was a seed run anyway. Pollenated by a chocolope male early in flower and then again with a malawi male later in flowering. I wish I hadn't have done both because now with that destroyer there is this element of doubt as to wether its a pure sativa or with something a little more 'indica tainted'

The C99 was my favorite smoke of the summer. Fully seeded buds still delivered a good effect after a month+ of cure. I had lots of fun outdoors with her and was astonished when I found that I only had about an ounce left when my fall crop was still months out. The effect was relaxed, functional, and fun. I found the C99 to be especially creative and inspirational, and smoking it led to a lot of ideas that I had a great time following through about half way until I forgot what I was doing.

maree

Hello Mr Riot - was wondering what you thought of the smoke from the Caribe and roughly when it started to show trichomes during flower? Hope you don't mind me popping in to ask. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
R

recent guest

Hello Mr Riot - was wondering what you thought of the smoke from the Caribe and roughly when it started to show trichomes during flower? Hope you don't mind me popping in to ask. Thanks in advance!

Not at all, maree. I hate to say it, but the Caribe was kind of mediocre for me. I gave most of it away. I can't remember when it started showing trichomes but Im pretty sure it was around week 4.

That shouldnt be an end-all evaluation of that strain though. I hear plenty of great things about it from others. I probably did not get a keeper, and thats likely since I only grew one of them out. I would definitely have missed out if I judged an entire strain from the first plant I grew out of it, as in, say, Soma's NYC Diesel, which the first plant was a moderately potent dud, but later I found an absolute fire keeper. Cheers thanks for stopping by.

maree

Thanks very much for the info. And, what I think, is a well reasoned response as of course it wouldn't be fair to judge a line from one example. But your input, on this occasion is invaluable. Week 6 and absolutely no sign of our glistening friends. Was hoping that they would really start to show after an equivalent time to shorter flowering strains i.e. a little less than half way through blossoming. Still, it's not all in trichome numbers, though the greater that is the greater the chance that you'll find what you're looking for I guess. Of course, it may all be in the set-up (micro, just might not be enough power there) and management but there haven't been any problems with other kinds. Still time though so we'll wait and see. Stay cool, Gandalf.

Cheers.

maree

Thought I really should post to let any readers know that, in the last couple of days, trichomes have appeared! Yesterday, I thought I could see a faint, gleaming dusting on some of the bud leaves. Got out a x100 scope and there they were - on the calyxes and, to a lesser extent, on the small leaves in the flower. Very small stalks that hadn't yet developed that distinctive bubble-head, but there none the less. Maybe not as generous a coating as I'd like - but time will tell.

Guess there's a few possible explanations for their very late arrival (although they must have been slowly developing on the calyxes unobserved for a little while) but glad to see them nevertheless. So I guess I'll just await the outcome patiently.

R

recent guest

Thought I really should post to let any readers know that, in the last couple of days, trichomes have appeared! Yesterday, I thought I could see a faint, gleaming dusting on some of the bud leaves. Got out a x100 scope and there they were - on the calyxes and, to a lesser extent, on the small leaves in the flower. Very small stalks that hadn't yet developed that distinctive bubble-head, but there none the less. Maybe not as generous a coating as I'd like - but time will tell.

Guess there's a few possible explanations for their very late arrival (although they must have been slowly developing on the calyxes unobserved for a little while) but glad to see them nevertheless. So I guess I'll just await the outcome patiently.

Do you have a picture of the plant somewhere, or do you want to post a picture here? I'd like to see what the leaves look like.

maree

Hi Bear - have never previously posted a pic and, in all honesty (and probable stupidity) a little nervous of doing so, so umming and ahhing about it. Got a question for you though - why your interest in the leaf shape? Very curious to know.

Latest posts

Latest posts