What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How did you quit cigs...?

• Thread starter heavy dank nugg
  • Start date
H

heavy dank nugg

I have to stop smoking cigs......have too. I hate the way my throat feels,I hate the shortness of breath...and pains in my cheast....but I know my will power is not that strong..and im a slave to the marlboro's.25 years....tell me your success stories and help me choose which path to take.........I know cold turkey would be ideall but im pretty sure i will need some kind of help......

eddie.saw

i had to switch to snuff then ween myself off that...

i'm back on the cancer sticks now..

i HATE nicotine

H

heavy dank nugg

ok i ment serious replys..please, i dont need sarcasim.....thanks anyway.

eddie.saw

why not try chantax or whatever that shit is called?

who cares about the supposid suicidal side effect, some kind bud will take that outta the equation.

it worked for my buddy.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
me and my gf just said one day, lets quit. so we did

there is doing, or not doing. I suggest just quitting when stopping cigarettes. you have to be to the point where you want to quit or it will not work, it will work when your ready to though. don't think you should cut down, or patches or other shit. just quit, you are in control of your life so take charge and as nike says, just do it

now nicotine is physically addictive, but nothing you can't control. your gonna get very pissed off so tell everyone your quitting and they'll understand. I suggest chewing gum or having sunflower seeds in your pocket to keep busy with. the cravings will come but remember they will pass and stay strong and think how much healthier you will be.

good luck man, you can do anything you set your mind to

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
that does work to

anytime you want to smoke a cig then smoke a bowl until you forget about the cigs?

stay away from smokers, stop buying them and get that out of your routine.

everyone thinks there is some secret cure and the only thing is to remove the addictive shit from your daily life.

all the potions, stick ons, gums and other shit HELPS some but check back with them later on and odds are they are still tokin. You have to remove it from your life and the first week SUCKS but gets a ton better and soon you forget about them.

stopping the buying and just bum them at first DOES work. People will end up gettin sick of bummin them to you and you end up smoking less and less until zip.

H

heavy dank nugg

so much for wanting to be taken seriously....may as well close this thread now b4 it gets ugly in here.

medmaker420

Veteran
so much for wanting to be taken seriously....may as well close this thread now b4 it gets ugly in here.

did you already quit?

you sound edgy lol.

honestly not being an ass,

simple changes like NOT buying them DOES work whether you want to believe me or not.

how else can you QUIT something if you are still doing it?

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I do understand the addictive part of it. I smoked for 3 years before i decided to stop. My girlfriend and i wanted to stop so we did. It helps to have someone to watch out for you and for you to watch out for. If you don't want them to smoke you feel guilty doing it so you kinda ween yourself off.

I know that it's pretty harsh when someone says "just stop", but it is really that simple. You need to subtract the negative habit from your life in order to quit. THere's no way a 25yr smoker is going to be able to quit whilst around other who smoke all day or offer smokes. I decided to stop and it took me a week or two to slow down before i stopped buying them. Do something else every time you want to smoke, or buy a pack and instead of lighting them when you want one, smash it and throw it in the garbage. You will soon get tired of buying them and you'll start to understand what a waste of money they really are. Hope that helps and i hope you make it out!!

- SubN

H

heavy dank nugg

me and my gf just said one day, lets quit. so we did

there is doing, or not doing. I suggest just quitting when stopping cigarettes. you have to be to the point where you want to quit or it will not work, it will work when your ready to though. don't think you should cut down, or patches or other shit. just quit, you are in control of your life so take charge and as nike says, just do it

now nicotine is physically addictive, but nothing you can't control. your gonna get very pissed off so tell everyone your quitting and they'll understand. I suggest chewing gum or having sunflower seeds in your pocket to keep busy with. the cravings will come but remember they will pass and stay strong and think how much healthier you will be.

good luck man, you can do anything you set your mind to

i agree with most of this but my will power is not strong.... ill get a craving and just go buy some.....I want stories of people who have been successfull using the patches or gums or other methods. not just callous cold remarks about stop buying them and just forget about them.....

Q

quest

Took the patch for three days, then quit. Chew on those baby carrots all day. Take a walk whenever you get a craving. Ten minute walk and turn around and walk back. Cravings only last 20 minutes.

medmaker420

Veteran
wow be careful guys

I got neg rep'd from this prick LOL

HAHA

so here is something that you might rather hear

best way to quit

keep smoking because obviously you don't actually want to asshole!

lol

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
i was a newport smoker 8 years, pack a day.

i quit by replacing every cigarette i smoked with a joint. for a few weeks i went around with a pack of joints, everytime i wanted a cig id smoke a joint, if your one of those ppl that likes to light a cig after ur weed, just smoke another joint- you will be so high you don't care about tobacco. you will sleep a lot, for about 2 weeks until the cravings kick

i think mine were bad for about a week even being stoned outta my mind, but i delt with it and it was a lot easier to do with the joints....

as far as nicotine goes, i think its a physical addiction is why i slept so much for 2 weeks, plus i was smoking strong purple indica. you could try hitting one of those new e-cigs if your nicotine cravings got to be too much, don't know if a pack a day 8 years is the same as 25 years as far as addicition but i think its something that you can do if you think these few thoughts:

"warning, surgeoens genereal warning, cigarete smoke is dangerous, dangerous, hazard to your health, theres nothing you can do but, legalize marijuana" -peter tosh

or this slightly stoopid song "no cocaine" just replace cocaine with cigs bc the addiction is the same

we don't need no cocaine
we don't need no ecstasy
to ruin our brains
only one thing sets us free
frees our pain
talkin bout the herb

cuz we someone just like you
everything we do the same
or is that true
girl i love you mary jane
what would i do?
fall without the herb

basiclly its a song about how extacy, coke, cigs etc (un natural man made elemnts) are bad and all u need is natural herb...

or how about peter tosh again- natural mystic

I man don't (I man don't I man don't )
I don't drink no champagne (don't drink no champagne) no I don't
And I man don't (I man don't) no (I man don't)
I don't sniff them cocaine (don't sniff no cocaine) choke brain
I man don't (I man don't) no I don't (I man don't)
don't take them morphine (don't take no morphine) dangerous
I man don't (I man don't I man don't) I don't take no heroin
(don't take no heroin) nonono

'cause I'm a man of the past
and I'm living in the present
and I'm walking in the future
stepping in the future
man of the past
and I'm living in the present
and I'm walking walking(stepping in the future)
and I'm just a mystic man (such a mystic man)
got to be a mystic man (mystic man)

anyway if none of those songs help (better to listen to them than to read the lyrics on icmag but you get what im saying)

try thinking about how everytime u smoke a cig u are inhaling 400 carcinogens including formaldahyde, aresinic, lead, and plutonium 210 (not good for ur lungs or body)

when i quit smoking it was like a monkey off my back and i am so glad i can sit through a whole movie in the theatre or long ass meeting without wanting to sneak off for a cig...

also thing about this- smoking tobacco clogs up there aviolli in your lungs that absorb thc so you get higer off your weed when you quit the tobacco the tar in tobacco is stopping thc and cannabionoids from being absorbed into your system

also think about how much weed u can buy (i don't know if u smoke a pack a day or not) but i smoked a pack a day at 6.50 a pack thats $2,372 a year on cigarettes, thats a vacation over seas to amsteram, or a down payment on a new car, or a half lb of the dankest weed u ever smoked... Would u give up cigs for a year -or better yet put the cigarette money in a bank account everyday and get that lb at the end of the year. you can buy a lot of nice shit besides cancer for 2,000$+ a year.....

don't forget everytime u buy a pack of cigs u help keep weed illegal by supporting tobacco lobbiests that pay to put out propaganda to keep weed illegal, and promote alcohol.

a few more tips: stop smokign pre rolled cigs and hand roll with american spirits for a littlel while (not as bad for you either to smoke organic tobacco) befoer you quit all together if u want to cut down...

and also remeber that you are paying to get cancer and people who smoke cigs have bad breath and smell like an ashtray everywherre they go. i also think it helps to drink lots of water while you are quitting it flushes the nicotine out of your system faster to get over withdrawls. i bough the nicotine gum chewed one peice and spit it out was very gross

Dr.NO

I smoked for 2 years about a pack a day and when i decided to quit i just stopped. I never got why it is hard for people.

H

heavy dank nugg

wow be careful guys

I got neg rep'd from this prick LOL

HAHA

so here is something that you might rather hear

best way to quit

keep smoking because obviously you don't actually want to asshole!

lol

you got neg rep for being a smartass punk.......thats what you are....
and by the way he neg repped me back with a note saying heres to your health.........really class act.