What's new

Funny things the guy at the hydro store says

DarthMandar

I went there last week to get some drip clean and a sump pump after i purchased the items the hydro guy looked at me like he was thinking hard then spoke.

Hydro Guy: "Hey man do you need any hose for your dripp system?"
Me: "Nah we got them already"
Hydro Guy: Oh because I was going to say you can drive down to mainstreet and go behind where Kahootz is and get a few hoes >: )

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me: Hey man, do you have any spinosad?
Hydro guy: Speee nooo saaad?
Me: Yeah, for thrips and whatnot.
Hydro guy: Oh yeah, i have some right over here... (hands me a bag of sphagnum moss)
Me: No, that's not it.
Hydro guy: Yes it is, i use it all the time. It kills the aphids every time.
Me: No. What i need is spinosad for thrips.
Hydro guy: Huh?
I get out my phone, google spinosad and show him.
Hydro guy: No, we only sell it in bags. (he tries to hand me a bag of sphagnum moss again)
Me::wallbash:

supermanlives

Veteran
i dont go to hydro store, i go to organic place. city farmer. farmer bill knows tons about organics. he did try an sell me baby chicks last visit and told me about the cooking classes. city farmers rules

supermanlives

Veteran
when i used to go to a real hydro store and was a regular customer. i was once asked how my indoor tomatoe plants were doing ?. i thought that was funny as its not smart to try an grow veggies at these electric prices. lol

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Me: So about the formula for that product that you buy and relabel... is this something you can talk about or is it just straight ripped off, cause I kinda wanna know what it is you always try to sell me.

Hydro Guy: No you're missing the idea, I don't think you are listening. Wait so whats the name of that place in Montana you went too again? I think I went there wot visit my inlaws friends...

yeah I keep asking the same question, never get an answer

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
lol

i went into a very big well established well known hydro shop somewhere in a big east coast city a few years back and asked if they carry carbo load and the guy said

CARBO LOAD BY ADVANCED NUTRIENTS? THEY MARKET SPECIFICALLY FOR MARIJUANA SIR. ARE YOU GROWING MARIJUANA SIR????? ITS ILLEGAL TO GROW MARIJUANA SIR

was fucking hilarious

T

TribalSeeds

I was thinking about switching nutes and a guy tried to sell me conny. he said its really good, its got boron in there. Im not making that up.
Same guy tried to sell me dr nodes or one of those products when I was talking about two of my plants that were 5 weeks in and 1/2 ft taller than the rest of my plants.
Come to think of it the last time I was there I heard him tell someone he hits his plants with 2000ppm at the end for a short period. Motherfucking DEA type shit trying to ruin motherfuckers crops...lol

supermanlives

Veteran
the real story is when back east my startup needs set that guy up in foxboro. lots of pallets of stuff. worked up well for both of us .hope your doing well near the stadium bro. lots of traffic and kgb adds

This is going back a few years to when it was legal in the UK to buy Magic Mushrooms.. As long as they were wet.. Was illegal to dry them..

:)

I walked in my local Grow shop to find the old hippie dude who owned the place hiding out the back of the shop..

He told me to " Beware of the Hawaiian Mushrooms! "

I bought a load from his son after getting my grow bits..

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Yeah I don't go to grow shops anymore due to them being morons lol. If you live in California or any med friendly state and still can't use the word marijuana in the store then I wouldn't spend my cash there ever.

Now my story isn't about hydro shops but still along the same lines of stupid folks. There was a great deal on some smoke in my area ( yes I know I grow and don't need it but wanted to test out the smoke ) and when the delivery service driver got here I got to chatting with him etc and before he left I asked if they have any clones available ( I noticed on their weedmaps menu that clones were available ) which he responded to, "no we don't have clones but we do have brownies and tinctures." I asked if he knew what clones were which he then responded back with, "oh yeah of course but right now all we have for edibles are brownies and tinctures".

I will NOT be calling those morons back for anything

OldSSSCGuy

I have one from the other side of the counter. Used to run a grow shop for many years. Saw and heard all sorts of stuff that just blew me away.

One day 3 guys come in the store, obviously wasted to the bone and all puffy eyed. They huddled together and kept gravitating to a display of CO2 generators. The checked out this one big Green Air gennie and whispered intensely. They pointed to the propane inlet connector, whispered and mumbled a lot more. Then they kind of noticed I was there, leaning on the counter and smiling at them. That kind of freaked them out and they hurried to another part of the store and went back to whispering. I could hear them talking about "You ask him - no YOU ask him..." and so on. One of them finally got up the guts to ask:

[pointing at CO2 generator]
Him: What's that?

Me: Thats a CO2 generator. Its like a big open flame heater, uses propane to generate CO2 in a garden.

Him: Oh. Ok. Cool.

[back to whispering and mumbling between themselves]

Him: How much does it cost?

Me: Its about $250, but you have to supply the propane or natural gas.

Him: Oh - it needs gas?

Me: Yes, it burns gas and make CO2 for plants.

Him: Oh. Ok.

Him: Ok, we want to buy it.

Me: Uhm... Ok, what size garden do you have?

Him: Huh? Its for a garden??!?!?!

Me: Yes, it is for an indoor garden or greenhouse.

Him: But where do you attach the whippets?

Me: Whippets?

Him: Nitrous dude, how to you fill the whippets?

I had to explain to them that a CO2 generator was not used to fill nitrous oxide bottles. They give me the look like "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about", laughed and wandered out of the store.

Felt like telling them to hook it to propane, light it, and suck real hard.

DarthMandar

Lol well thankfully for us over here on the east coast well at least me have found a friendly respectable and knowledgeable hydro store operator and I'm never one to say this but sometimes he says things and I think damn dude you must grow the finest bc you are burnt my man : )