What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Psychedelic trippy heart racing sativa?

crunkyeah

Veteran
First off, I wanna say that I've been looking around the 'net now for a couple of months trying to find the perfect sativa to fit the bill for me. Some of the other reputable seed companies seem to have maybe a couple sativa dominant hybrids, but most of them are 50/50 sat/ind. I just want to say thank you to the wonderful guys over at Ace and Cannabiogen for creating unique and different sativa dominant strains. I'm sure in the years to come I will be watching out to see what these wonderful breeders are cooking up for us!

That being said, what I'm looking for in a sativa is 100% mind blowing out of this world, "wtf just hit me" kinda weed. Twitchy, psychedelic, racy, paranoia all come to mind in the strain I want. I understand that a few of the strains you guys own have these properties. Some of these crosses include Zamal, Angolese, and Malawi genetics.

As I understand it, charlie garcia does not breed for these properties specifically. I was wondering if Ace seeds had any plans for a pure sativa line specifically bred for the trippy narcotic type high that cannot be obtained by an indica. I'm not sure about others(feel free to chime in here!!!) but I for one would be very very interested in a sativa bred just for this purpose.

I've looked around on various seedbanks websites as well as the main homepage for both Ace Seeds and CannaBioGen seeds, and I seem to be having some troubles finding these specific genetics. It seems the Angolese and Zamal genetics aren't currently offered in any form, which only leaves the Malawi genetics present in the Golden Tiger cross. My only concern with buying multiple packs of this strain is: will I find the racy trippy leaning phenotype in 10, 20, 30 seeds? Or is it a recessive trait and may require hundreds of seeds to find the right one?

If anyone(hint hint dubi:chin:) would be able to steer me in the right direction that would be very helpful!

@ any potential readers - if you are interested in a trippy sativa, too, post here and let's see if we can create the demand for such a strain!

love?

If you're interested in the Malawi side of Golden Tiger I suggest you try to get some of the feminized Malawi seeds that dubi said were just sent to SB and will be listed within the next days. They'll probably go fast so you'll need to be quick though.

Neither of the ACE strains I've tried has been twitchy or caused paranoia so I can't really help you out with a recommendation. Besides what you've looked into, maybe some of the Oldtimer's Haze crosses?

crunkyeah

Veteran
Thanks for replying so quickly. Now by SB do you mean the bay or the bou?

I will be on top of it thanks!

Honestly, I haven't read up a lot on OT due to the fact that it's sold out everywhere I've looked. Even the smaller less known seedbanks do not have stock left. It does look like a very appealing strain though. My only concern with that one is; how many packs will I have to go through to find the right pheno? A 4-way sativa cross should provide a ton of genetic variety, so I'm not sure if that's the best way to go searching or not.

Which of the Ace strains have you tried?

love?

Dubi only said "SB" so I don't know. :D I'm guessing the bou or then both.

Green Haze x Thai and Purple Haze x Thai hybrids are listed on the ACE site right now and will be coming to "SB" along with the fem Malawis. Also Nepalese and Chitral OTHaze-crosses but those soudn more mellow.

High description for Green Haze x Thai: "Very mental, psychedelic and introspective, with no tolerance limits", for Purple Haze x Thai: "Crazy and psychedelic, with no tolerance limits."

I've grown Panama, which is very psychedelic but also mellow and Banghi Haze which is racy and at high doses can cause anxiety and be a bit "panicky" but isn't really paranoia inducing or that trippy in my experience.

crunkyeah

Veteran
That one has been on the 'drawing board' for some time as well, Aksala. One thing that deters me though is that the trippy phenotype is also recessive. I believe he said the odds of finding it are 1 in 1000, although his listing says 5% are 'electrifyingly cerebral'. In either case, it's the same as the Oldtimer's Haze. It's still a 4-way hybrid and I'd be searching for that special one.

I was hoping there was an easier way to find these specific genetics rather than going through hundreds of seeds to find the right one. That's why the Malawi genetics seems so appealing to me.

*edit* - @love? Both of those haze x thai crosses seem very appealing to me as well, I may have to try a pack of each to see what's up. I've read reports of the Bangi Haze having that racy affect at high doses as well.

Did either of those strains distort vision or make sounds seem more 'soundful'? In other words did either of them seem to enhance the senses?

Aksala

The "trippiest" pheno may be recessive but from everything i've heard even avg pheno's will rip your head off.

love?

Enhanced sound and music? Yes definitely, but to be honest I find that to be true with most cannabis. Panama is maybe more you getting immersed into the music and Bangi Haze maybe more "creative", dunno.

Don't remember experiencing properly distorted vision since being a real lightweight...

crunkyeah

Veteran
Huh, interesting. Maybe I'll have to try a pack of each: Tom's haze, Green H x Thai, Purple H x Thai and Golden tiger/Malawi. Then from there if I don't find any real trophy ladies then I'll keep searching. I still would like to see either Ace or CBG to release a sativa bred for some of these qualities.

I can agree with you there, I haven't experienced visual distortion since I started smoking. I suppose in some sort I'm chasing the tail of the dragon haha. I swear though the first bud I ever smoked was a sativa. I am unlucky to be in the north, we rarely ever get any equatorial sativas up here.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
feh, just noticed what forum this was in - my bad, didn't mean to suggest non-ace stuff in the ace forum

this post doesn't exist <handwave>

Last edited:

BongRipkenJR.

Neville's Haze is a long finishing sativa that is said to have high amounts of THC-V in it. Supposedly THC-V will make you trip out and slightly hallucinate. Good luck on your quest!

crunkyeah

Veteran
Thanks BongRipkenJR.

If you wouldn't mind me asking, how do you know THC-V is responsible for the trippy aspect?

I have looked at Neville's Haze, but honestly I think I would be better off to start with Ace's gear. With all of the copies of this strain out there, I wouldn't even know where to begin to find the 'good' one.

I am very curious about THC-V though, maybe I'll have to do some research. Thanks for the tip :)

*edit* Did some research, here's what erowid.org has to say about THC-V: "This compound is the most potent of all the reported variants, and it is 500 times more active than THC (effective dose 1/500,000 gm. per kilogram)[...]"

And here's what wikipedia says:"Some varieties that produce propyl cannabinoids in significant amounts, over five percent of total cannabinoids, have been found in plants from South Africa, Nigeria, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan and Nepal with THCV as high as 53.69% of total cannabinoids.[1] They usually have moderate to high levels of both THC and Cannabidiol (CBD) and hence have a complex cannabinoid chemistry representing some of the world's most exotic cannabis varieties.

Very interesting indeed.. would be nice to know what percentages are present in which strains.

crunkyeah

Veteran
According to this site "The drug, known as tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), works on the same receptors as THC but has entirely the opposite effect[...]"

And erowid says it's 500 times stronger than THC, very interesting indeed.

inquest

Crunk, I feel ya man! I've been lookin for that high I had twice as a teen. Once I was completely lost on streets I had just walked around on and the other time I'd close my eyes to sleep... nothin but pulsating blue forms. I swore if I didnt die I was never smokin this shit again!! hahaaha!! I havent had anything like that for almost fifteen years.

From my lookin around it seems African, Asian, and maybe Mexi/Columbian strains are where to look. Strains originating in high altitude, high UV-b, and +/- 15deg's latitude. Harvest time is said to be a huge factor too, early/late = trippy/sedated. And of course personal biochemistry and tolerance play a large part, too.
Sam the Skunkman has some opinions on THC-V and other compounds and he posts on Icmag. :)
It seems we are on a hell of a quest, many old timers have similar stories but a lot of younger guys it seems have never experienced this.... I also think a product description like :scary, paraniod, superintense, 1 per 1000, etc. might put off buyers. ;)

inquest

For my search, I'm purchasing (as availability allows) a number of "trippy" strains and plan on breeding my original seed packs to obtain lots of seeds. Then running large numbers, SOG style to hopefully limit size and leverage percentages. :) Sounds good in theory anyways! lol
I finished running a South African that the plants from the vendor were ok. The offspring however was mostly super clear headed but blah potency, but one (out of twenty) was way more potent than the parents!! It unfortunately had a lot of body-stone to it, so I'm running a clone of it now that I'll take early and see if that helps.... :/

Anyways, good luck on your search!!

crunkyeah

Veteran
Thanks for the info inquest, I'll definitely have to do some prodding around and see what I can find out about UV-B, THC-V, mountainous sativas and things of the sort.

Good luck on your breeding project as well!

S

snowtiko

i havent grown much yet, but i always wanted to grow the most trippy sativa out there.. definitely gonna follow this to see what comes up :D

oldhaole

Veteran
Don't overlook Hawaiian Sativas.

I've grown various local Sativa strains all crossed with Black Thai.

Bloodweed, Strawberry Guava, Batch 3, all are great stand alone sativas. Cross them with BT and they have the anilitical trippy high, almost psycidelic that last for a long time. I,ve found mainland indica, just don't get you as high as Hawaii Sativas.

Granted Hawaii growers are a closed bunch, but here great Sativas exist, but getting the seeds off us is another story. We don't share well.

I do enjoy showing off to people that have never explored the Sativa world in depth. On the mainland most of you do not have the time to grow a Sativa thru it's natural cycle. So mainland grown Sativas are lacking that final month where they all come together.