What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I am sorry for our Australian Brothers and Sisters

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A guy who lives in MA (Massachusets) posted that the guv will require kids in K-12 school to have a flu vaccine. Camel nose in tent IMO.

Horselover Fat

Veteran
I dunno. I'm glad it's very difficult to buy firearms here. That means there are very few idiots out there with handguns let alone ar15 kind of shit. It certainly wouldn't be safer with more guns.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
A guy who lives in MA (Massachusets) posted that the guv will require kids in K-12 school to have a flu vaccine. Camel nose in tent IMO.

lots of states require students to be vaccinated before allowing them to enroll. old news, good ideas. "some" DO have a religious exemption available.

Horselover Fat

Veteran
I dunno. I'm glad it's very difficult to buy firearms here. That means there are very few idiots out there with handguns let alone ar15 kind of shit. It certainly wouldn't be safer with more guns.

I gotta add that there's actually a lot of weapons per capita here in finland, but they are rifles and shotguns for hunting. They aren't great for shooting up a crowd.

Edit: so I checked and finland ranks 10th for civillian firearms per capita. Only a quarter of the us number though...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I gotta add that there's actually a lot of weapons per capita here in finland, but they are rifles and shotguns for hunting. They aren't great for shooting up a crowd.

ever seen what buckshot does, even at longer ranges? double & triple ought buck will kill at over 100 yds. triple only has 9 pellets in it, each .36 caliber. no aiming needed, point and shoot into a crowd. rather have someone shooting at me with any pistol versus a shotgun myself.

Horselover Fat

Veteran
ever seen what buckshot does, even at longer ranges? double & triple ought buck will kill at over 100 yds. triple only has 9 pellets in it, each .36 caliber. no aiming needed, point and shoot into a crowd. rather have someone shooting at me with any pistol versus a shotgun myself.

Sure, but with the kind of guns they allow it would limit the speed you can shoot multiple targets. I'm ill equipped for gun talk though as I know next to nothing about them. I've shot an ak47 in cambodia, but that's pretty much all I know.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Benelli semi-auto shotguns are bad ass. I wish I still had my M1 super 90. You can chamber and fire it one armed if needed. When it chambered the ready round, the sound was an unmistakable mechanical sound of real trouble. The one I had was an ex-Marine embassy protection weapon.

This is the kind of thing a home invader should have on their mind, when they make their decision to invade.

13827923_1.jpg

Amynamous

Benelli semi-auto shotguns are bad ass. I wish I still had my M1 super 90. You can chamber and fire it one armed if needed. When it chambered the ready round, the sound was an unmistakable mechanical sound of real trouble. The one I had was an ex-Marine embassy protection weapon.

This is the kind of thing a home invader should have on their mind, when they make their decision to invade.

View Image

I’d like a double barrel version with a shorter barrel. Wishful thinking.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The barrel is as short as the tube, which holds 7 incl the one at the ready, to be spring-loaded chambered at the push of a button (the ready round). You lose rounds when the barrel gets shorter. Longer barrel makes velocity higher. All a trade-off for the job to be done, just a tool. I have a drawer full of mechanics hammers, all different.

A poor woman I knew had a sawed off double barrel shotgun, illegal as hell. She never shot it. Barrels maybe 12", stock cut back like a pistol. Up close it would make a mess. I gave her some shells and she kept it loaded by her bed.

Amynamous

A poor woman I knew had a sawed off double barrel shotgun, illegal as hell. She never shot it. Barrels maybe 12", stock cut back like a pistol. Up close it would make a mess. I gave her some shells and she kept it loaded by her bed.

Awesome!
While i do have several guns, i am in no way knowledgeable. Does anyone make a double barrel pump action/semi-auto shotgun?

St. Phatty

Edit: so I checked and finland ranks 10th for civillian firearms per capita. Only a quarter of the us number though...

will there ever be a semi-auto 338 Lapua Magnum ?

well maybe there are already is, in the military.

i use the Lapua full metal jacket bullets, "Lock Base". great for target shooting.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sure, but with the kind of guns they allow it would limit the speed you can shoot multiple targets. I'm ill equipped for gun talk though as I know next to nothing about them. I've shot an ak47 in cambodia, but that's pretty much all I know.

the spread of pellets leaving a shotgun barrel (depending on the choke) insures multiple hits per shot unless you are very close.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Awesome!
While i do have several guns, i am in no way knowledgeable. Does anyone make a double barrel pump action/semi-auto shotgun?

look into what was known as the "street sweeper" designed in South Africa and a version made here by Cobray (i think) until 1993. they are now designated a "destructive device" and require a $200 tax stamp & extensive background check to own. if anyone makes a full-auto shotgun, i have not seen it. probably would be basically uncontrollable due to recoil...maybe in a .410.

T

Teddybrae

Deleted post. Just more words without any importance whatsoever. Words gone up in smoke. Smoke ensures no one will remember words tomorrow. Waste of time and effort even posting. Nothing will change thru words.

no one there uses them for sport? no target shooters? no hunting? violence has been eradicated? no home invasions? rapes? assaults? self defense has been outlawed? i don't buy it...

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

look into what was known as the "street sweeper" designed in South Africa and a version made here by Cobray (i think) until 1993. they are now designated a "destructive device" and require a $200 tax stamp & extensive background check to own. if anyone makes a full-auto shotgun, i have not seen it. probably would be basically uncontrollable due to recoil...maybe in a .410.
They have full Auto shotguns, you have the Saiga 12 and the AA-12 off the top of my head and it's not uncontrollable at all.

[youtubeif]/tD0PKDGlwiw[/youtubeif]

[youtubeif]/p1fiIsaQEX4[/youtubeif]

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Deleted post. Just more words without any importance whatsoever. Words gone up in smoke. Smoke ensures no one will remember words tomorrow. Waste of time and effort even posting. Nothing will change thru words.
I've had my opinion changed by reading forums such as this in the past. Doesn't often happen, but there are people who are curious about others opinions and prepared to look things objectively.

Words aren't always a waste of time.

Horselover Fat

Veteran
will there ever be a semi-auto 338 Lapua Magnum ?

well maybe there are already is, in the military.

i use the Lapua full metal jacket bullets, "Lock Base". great for target shooting.

I had to google that and learnt something new. Two and half kilometer is a long ways :O

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
"Sniper" rifles are bolt action simply because of the power involved.

Also gas powered bolts are not as reliable as hand hammering the round in the breech.

Semiautomatic shotguns are referred to as auto shotguns in many circles.

Full auto anything is just for covering fire.