What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The VOLCANO Thread

TruthOrLie

Veteran
smaller bag = better because the bigger ones knock over as they fill up if you're not there to keep a hand on em

As I sit here using my volcano this rainy morning, I am wondering if anyone else feels like they are losing a little fresh vape each time they fill the bag. I noticed when im filling a bag, off a fresh pack, I catch whiffs of that DANK ass second hand smoke smell..... thinking to myself "gah that could have been my green hit.... that smelt so good". I usually lightly press the bag into the top of the volcano as the fan fills the bag. I also just put a new bag on it. I think it may be leaking out a little through the herb holder so i ordered a new one :dunno:

Vape on!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that dome for the volcano can be ordered from got vape..

I said this in another post, if you don't see it on there website, put a volcano in your cart, then delete it later.. but you will then see the vapor dome under recommended accessories.. or you can just call them to order one

H

hard rain

Got an email from Storz & Bickel saying the Volcano is 20 years old and I can now buy a gold plated anniversary version! I would be kind of tempted if my old one wasn't still performing so well.

I have been using mine for about 5 years now, mostly daily and it hasn't missed a beat. Anyone else still using the Volcano?

:peacock:

THC123

Veteran
Yup I am on my second one now! MOre than 10 years now. No other vape gives me the same vapor or effect!!

ANd dont get me started on portable vapes, even the mighty sucks when you are used to the volcano.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am on my 2nd one. I gave away the digit when I got the hybrid (a mistake, why later). The new Hybrid is so much better than the digit, because the chamber heats when placed on the unit, before you turn on the fan. The chamber also firmly attaches with a little twist. This makes attachments way more secure. Even a glass Magma with a whip holds itself in place.

Somebody should make a PID controlled material chamber for the older Volcanos. You can approximate the effect on the regular units by putting the chamber on, and letting it sit for a minute to get hot. Then when the fan is turned on, only run it for 30 seconds. The bag wont be full, but the taste will be. If it gets harsh, the fan was run too long and chlorophyll is coming off too.

I had to deal with that cough, or quit flower, and only vape rosin. This is working so well I believe it is curing my asthma. I am now keeping track of which strains have that soothing medicinal effect, and trying to understand what terps are in play for my condition. This may come in handy if medical pot comes to town.

My Digit worked flawlessly for several years. I went through a lot of bags with it, and discovered I don't like the smell of plant material, probably chlorophyll. I would go 370* with a full chamber for one 3' bag, and I let that bag cool a few minutes to condense the thicker compounds and chlorophyll. Then that material went to butter.

The whip on the Hybrid is perfect for single serious hits. I use 405*, heat the chamber for about 10 seconds, and take a full lung hit with the fan pushing vapor into every nook and cranny. ALL the terps are shed when the fan comes on, and they have great medicinal effects on my lungs as I fill them full. Some strong gas strains probably kill WuFlu.

After that one hit I use the material for butter. My butter is a lot stronger now.

I had to wait until they had the new design parts for the chamber heat exchanger surfaces, for mine to ship. I had it 3 weeks before anyone at FC had theirs with the new parts, so it was fun watching them stress over this design change. The new chamber and heat plate works fine, and being aluminum it comes to temp quickly when screwed onto the base unit. The unit comes to 405* in about a minute. The chamber doesn't burn your hand when you remove and open it.

I wish I had spare tips for the whip, so another person could have their own, for their hits. I do that with the easy valves. We'll never go back to swapping spit after this covid crap IMO. I replaced my own bags, and rinse the bags with Etoh for the oil. Since I got this hybrid, I have not used a bag at all. The whip takes no cleaning, just gets color. The chamber is the same as the other volcanos, take apart, soak in some ISO, put back together.

The display on my hybrid is going bad. S&B acknowledges it, but Oakland repair is out for the wuflu. No big deal, it blows the fan to let me know when it is at set temp. I don't use the wifi ap. I will miss this thing while it is out for repair.

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't use mine very often but this thread just reminded me it's been too long. Tomorrow or the next day I'll drag mine out and do some bags

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Thanks for that insight flgh, as soon as I verify with S&B the display issue isn’t a common thing I am ordering the hybrid. Gonna price shop tonight

I am on my 2nd one. I gave away the digit when I got the hybrid (a mistake, why later). The new Hybrid is so much better than the digit, because the chamber heats when placed on the unit, before you turn on the fan. The chamber also firmly attaches with a little twist. This makes attachments way more secure. Even a glass Magma with a whip holds itself in place.

Somebody should make a PID controlled material chamber for the older Volcanos. You can approximate the effect on the regular units by putting the chamber on, and letting it sit for a minute to get hot. Then when the fan is turned on, only run it for 30 seconds. The bag wont be full, but the taste will be. If it gets harsh, the fan was run too long and chlorophyll is coming off too.

I had to deal with that cough, or quit flower, and only vape rosin. This is working so well I believe it is curing my asthma. I am now keeping track of which strains have that soothing medicinal effect, and trying to understand what terps are in play for my condition. This may come in handy if medical pot comes to town.

My Digit worked flawlessly for several years. I went through a lot of bags with it, and discovered I don't like the smell of plant material, probably chlorophyll. I would go 370* with a full chamber for one 3' bag, and I let that bag cool a few minutes to condense the thicker compounds and chlorophyll. Then that material went to butter.

The whip on the Hybrid is perfect for single serious hits. I use 405*, heat the chamber for about 10 seconds, and take a full lung hit with the fan pushing vapor into every nook and cranny. ALL the terps are shed when the fan comes on, and they have great medicinal effects on my lungs as I fill them full. Some strong gas strains probably kill WuFlu.

After that one hit I use the material for butter. My butter is a lot stronger now.

I had to wait until they had the new design parts for the chamber heat exchanger surfaces, for mine to ship. I had it 3 weeks before anyone at FC had theirs with the new parts, so it was fun watching them stress over this design change. The new chamber and heat plate works fine, and being aluminum it comes to temp quickly when screwed onto the base unit. The unit comes to 405* in about a minute. The chamber doesn't burn your hand when you remove and open it.

I wish I had spare tips for the whip, so another person could have their own, for their hits. I do that with the easy valves. We'll never go back to swapping spit after this covid crap IMO. I replaced my own bags, and rinse the bags with Etoh for the oil. Since I got this hybrid, I have not used a bag at all. The whip takes no cleaning, just gets color. The chamber is the same as the other volcanos, take apart, soak in some ISO, put back together.

The display on my hybrid is going bad. S&B acknowledges it, but Oakland repair is out for the wuflu. No big deal, it blows the fan to let me know when it is at set temp. I don't use the wifi ap. I will miss this thing while it is out for repair.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Talk with Sam at Creme City Vapes. Hybrid $540 if you're nice.

I read about another hybrid at FC with a flakey display. IMO, the digit display was better.

Get extra tips for the whip tube, and a spare plastic material chamber holder. The extra tips are for sharing, without swapping spit.

Latest posts

Latest posts