What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Beautiful flowers there! Must be a popular guy to all the wild animals of the forest!

I had to bail last night. Coyotes were howling and circling. I'm afraid of the dark to add to that. So I hightailed it out at about midnight. I went back at first light but then it was bullets I had to worry about. Hunters are out and they were circling. Sheesh...

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Plants are looking great tycho, that original glue pic on the last page is awesome. Looking forward to more updates, happy harvest!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Swazi

Swazi

Coming home next week.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't want to get in the middle of a pack of howling coyotes without a good flashlight and a gun. I think they're afraid of people anyways. Swazi is looking healthy! Looks like a little sativa background! :smoke:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Nirvana's Original Glue (GG#4)
- Seeds popped April 25th.
- Outdoor full sun. Barely any rain for 2 months. Intense Heat and Humidity almost all summer. Had to water a bit, Tea sometimes, every week until mid August.
- Plots:
~7 inch holes were dug with a corless drill and garden auger attachment. 12 to 24 inches deep. Amended with organic super soil and extra ferts.
1. Freshly cleared land. I thought the fresh forest humus would be awesome. It was crap. Small plants, but highest in trichomes. Covered in crystals. I kept some of this stuff for my personal stash.
2. Fallow field. Nothing has ever been planted here. Tractors can't get in there and it's too small to plant a crop. Deer galore. I also stepped on one. Thick with 6' Goldenrod and Nettles. By far the best "wild" spot.
3. 50 year old Chicken Manure pile. :) Really. 24x24 inch holes amended with super soil. 1 to 2 pounds per plant. This place made up for the crap in spot #1.
- Started flowering August 28th.
- Harvested 2nd week in October. At 7 weeks flowering they were *very ready.
- Mold resistance is very high. About 2 ounces of mold over 40 plants.
- Zero Bud Rot.
- Dried in the open air 2 weeks+ (in a shed with an open wall).
- Cured in storage bins 2 weeks+.
- Smokes like a very light cigarette. No cough factor to speak of.
(Smoke report from someone who smokes will follow.)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
When the howling is about 200 feet away it doesn't matter. Plus all I had was a little head lamp and a pair of scissors. Fuck that. Lol

troutman

Seed Whore
I promise you if you call them a bunch of MotherPhuckers they will leave you alone.

Works for me when I was going at night to water my guerilla patches in bear country before daybreak. :biggrin:

Even seagulls at McDonalds don't like being called a bunch of MotherPhuckers. :laughing:

BTW: I always have my Buck 119 knife with me in the bush. :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks FM. Glad you enjoyed it.

We've had several sub-zero nights and even light snow since harvest. But with nothing left to do, I decided to visit the grows one last time and pick some popcorn Glue. I picked maybe a quarter pound! My trimmer can handle tiny popcorn so it'll be good as a bed time smoke because it's pretty ripe.

picture.php

picture.php

Rodelization in Action.
I was going to pick it for the pollen but I'm worried about introducing hermie traits to the next crop.

picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
If that Glue plant made it through flowering without producing pollen sacks its probably not prone to hermie from stress, Rodelization happens naturally after the harvest window typicallly.

Id bet that pollen would be fine to make some femenized seeds without worrying about hermies during flowering.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
kudos, what an amazing season you have had. i plan to pick up some old mums i put on a buddies organic farm in June, from the pics i saw 2 weeks ago they will be superb, also got a gg4 out there and some Orange Diesel, as well as some ecsd and a couple other strains. should be fun, we had a great season here and the mates who grew clones of those outside have all harvested already, so hopping for some really ripe product. maybe i'll take some pics, am already planning to convince them to do a light dep grow next year.

If that Glue plant made it through flowering without producing pollen sacks its probably not prone to hermie from stress, Rodelization happens naturally after the harvest window typicallly.

Id bet that pollen would be fine to make some femenized seeds without worrying about hermies during flowering.
What Ibechillin said Tycho. Ive never had early hermie probs from late flower rodelisation. Just gotta be careful putting those ladies alongside longer flowering strains. Ive forgotten once with short and long season girls side by side and had to write off a whole crop of sats for hash. Of course that wasnt all bad...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

What Ibechillin said Tycho. Ive never had early hermie probs from late flower rodelisation. Just gotta be careful putting those ladies alongside longer flowering strains. Ive forgotten once with short and long season girls side by side and had to write off a whole crop of sats for hash. Of course that wasnt all bad...

Woot!
picture.php

Thats the spirit- fems for free. Just keep an eye on them first year you grow them out. Often ive never seen another hermie if your crossing with something you havent observed the trait on before but it pays to take a close look.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I filled my trailer twice :D

I filled my trailer twice :D

Time to pick up my fertilizer for next year. There's MAP in another field.

picture.php

M

metsäkana

what is that

looks like ash or rockdust and compost maybe chicken manure?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Manure compost and dolomitic lime. This is only half of it.

I'm surprised to find the manure. Around here it's mostly the liquid stuff that's sprayed on the field with a tanker truck or by kilometer long hoses.