What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
cooper turned out to work for dallas and looks like he was totally worth the price
its given them a top receiver to go with a strong ground game
plus their defense is playing well
im on the fence about garret but you could be right baba and maybe he has taken them as far as he can

there are still a few games left to play and while i think the playoff picture is pretty set, there are some important games
eagles are still an unpredictable team and i am not taking them lightly
you know that im going to be watching this one, brother
i think your bears are a lock and will go as far as their defense will take them
like i keep saying them and the c'boy arent the teams you want to play right now
either team can make it to the next round in the post season and then its just a matter of doing what got you there (defense) and not making mistakes
its going to be a fun post season

yeah i guess you are right and if he could turn back the clock he would have called that uber and given the driver a fat tip to boot
but the thing was she is underage and should have never been part of the group in the first place
they were all acting like fools and it came back to get them
i still hope hunt can return to the game

its not that bad baba and i still will be getting two long weekends to close out the year
i have some time on the books but im on the fence about using them now or saving it until next year
maybe i will treat myself and take an extra day off, im kind of leaning towards the first wed in the new year
are you taking the whole week off?

coal aint so bad hawk and i hope you have a great christmas no matter what you do
if nothing else its a long weekend and there will be plenty of holiday giftsets of liquor on sale afterwards
enjoy the holidays no matter what you do; drink up and puff like a chief bruh!
(you will be watching the bears in the post season)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, when dallas gave up a 1st rd pick for amari a couple months ago, a lot of people thought it was a waste, since he seemed to have the yips, was dropping passes, not putting up any numbers. It took a couple weeks of practice with dak but now he's on pace for an elite WR season if he played 16 games with dallas. He's given them a receiving weapon, zeke's numbers are better since defenses arent focusing on him as much, their defense is better because the offense is sustaining drives, etc. So, well worth that 1st rd pick given up.

Right now, in the nfc, the bears would host the vikings and dallas would host the seahawks in the first round, with the rams and saints having byes. Then the saints (#1 seed) would host the winner of dallas-seattle and the rams (#2 seed) would host winner of bears-vikings.

Youre right that a lot of playoff positioning has yet to be determined, although i think the hawks at #5 in the nfc, with a 2 game lead over the #6 seed, is pretty much locked into their seeding.

It'll be interesting to see what the defensive teams do in the playoffs, bears, cowboys, ravens, maybe hawks and texans in that mix too. I heard that of the 6 best offenses in league history, 3 of them were this year (KC, rams, saints), so this year was the year of the offense in the NFL, but maybe the good defenses can have a say in the postseason.

Yeah, kareem and that group were acting stupid, but i think of myself when i was that age (19-22, 23) and i was stupid as hell myself. Maybe not malicious stupid, but certainly unwise stupid, and adding a bunch of alcohol into the mix, yknow, made everything 10x worse than it had to be.

For his part, hunt seems remorseful and is in treatment and counseling now (substance abuse and anger mgmt?), he had a couple of violent incidents after the one with the girl (he was accused of punching a guy in june at a resort) so maybe he just becomes a giant douche when he's drunk. Not that uncommon, maybe he just needs to lay off the sauce, smoke some herb.

Im not taking off the week after new years but i will be taking christmas eve and day and new years eve and day off, although i expect ill be cooking most of christmas eve or day. Maybe ill make a turkey and a ham...

Tonight we have chargers at the chiefs, chargers are only a game behind the chiefs and with a win would come even with the chiefs in overall record and head to head record, but the chiefs would still be ranked ahead because of a better division record.

No ones sure if melvin gordon or spencer ware will play tonight, but the chiefs will get eric berry back, he might be a big boost to that defense.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got 6 fantasy football teams....in different leagues. I'm in the playoffs in all 6, I'm hoping to at least win 1-2 of those. This is my first yr playing but I've watched FB 35yrs or more.

I've been watching all the Browns games and have kinda been pulling for them. I'm also a Brady and NE fan. It's hard not to respect what they have done

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like you have had a great first season, wvkind'
did you auto draft in any of the leagues or do you select your line up yourself?
it sounds like a lot of fun and i keep telling myself next season i will pull the trigger
i think being familiar with football helps when playing fantasy

hunt definitely has issues but he is doing his part to make himself better
counseling and drug treatment are big steps and as long as he can straighten himself out i think he deserves a second chance
this is more than i can say for the girl involved
/not trying to blame the victim but she has to shoulder her share of the blame too
i was the same way if not worse baba, and im glad we dident have the camera phones around when i was younger; but kids will be kids and will always be getting into stupid shit
thats a great observation about how three of the best offenses in nfl history all belong to current teams
both the rams and the saints were shut down this season by defenses that were playing lights out and we all know the saying how defenses win championships
/i think dallas is a bit more balancedas a team but the chicago d has more upside (the ability to completely shut down an opposing offense)
if trubinsky can continue to develop as a passer the bears have a few good year ahead of them
rams are going to be looking at some tough choices with cap space in the next few years, but i think they are playing for right now
tonights game is going to be a fun one and we have some great action this weekend too
i hear gordon is out as well as ekler (the chargers rookie rb)
but old man rivers is playing like a stud and it should be a good game with lots of scoring
i see the chiefs holding on to their lead in the west and the chargers being the lock for a wild card spot
wentz is out with a back injury, but i think foles is more than able to fill in
its going to come down to the defense getting after the qb and controlling the line of scrimmage and goff/ gurley being able to move the ball
cowboys/colts is another game i will be keeping an eye on
turns out i might be taking the wed after christmas off now after all
otherwise im going to hang in there and grind out the last couple weeks this year; i guess i would rather save the vaca time for early next year
only one more day to go and then its the weekend,my man
me and the mrs went for a nice walk last night
we had so mcuh fun checking out all the cool christmas displays and play on going for another walk this weekend
hope you have a great weekend in store brother, only one more week to go until christmas!

shithawk420

Veteran
That was a hell of a comeback for the chargers .things are interesting.my dad wouldn't shut up about the bears winning the superbowl.i don't think it's gonna happen but I won't complain

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dang, WV, making the playoffs in 6/6 leagues? Were any of these money leagues or taco leagues? A taco league btw is a league with a lot of people who dont know how to play fantasy or dont keep up with their teams during the season; it's a term from that show about fantasy football, "The League", used to be on FX i think. I never watched it but heard the term 'taco' online: there was a character on that show who was a bad fantasy player, but the main characters didnt know his name, just remembered him ordering tacos at dinner one time, so they referred to him as 'taco'.

Also, you can be a taco in your league and still win the championship by just having insane luck with draft picks and weekly scoring - even if you never set your lineup, and start players who are on bye or injured, if your opponent's lineup has a bunch of bad games you'll still win.

Dont do it Pop, once you get into fantasy football it might lessen the enjoyment of the games for you. Case in point, i sometimes draft or pick up packers players, and am forced to root for them to do well, even when theyre playing the bears. Like, it's sick, yknow?

I think the 3 out of the 6 best offenses in league history is based on DVOA, which is some statistic that measures how good a team is compared to the rest of the league, and i think you stated before, you can use statistics to prove damn near any point you want to make. Also, that 3/6 number came from a few weeks ago, and the saints offense has come back to earth a bit, rams scored 6pts last week, so who knows if that number will hold up through the season.

Im not sure if the girl in the kareem hunt video is totally at fault, she seems like a drama queen at the least but there's no independent evidence she was lying about everything. But it did seem like she was causing a ruckus in the hallway and smacked hunt in the face, lol, but i think he pushed her first. She was 19 and underage drinking, so not totally innocent, but hell at least she's in college, there's a lot of high school kids, 15-17, drinking and partying when their parents arent around...

It seems like you want to take those first few days in Jan off. That would be a good idea if you plan on partying really hard New years eve. :biggrin: Gives you more than a day or two to recover, or better yet, keep the party going.

It took a last second TD and 2pt conversion, but the chargers beat the chiefs and joined the 11 win club, along with KC, Rams and Saints. I didnt think the chargers had it in them, they were always a score or 2 down the whole game, but they made plays in the last few mins when they had to.

Still not sure about their playoff chances, it would be a very 'charger' thing for them to finish with the 1 seed in the AFC and lose in the first round again, but maybe this will be their year? Fuck dean spanos (and all greedy team owners) btw.

MrBungle

I was the 4th seed in both my leagues playing the #1 seed in both.... I wiped out the first seed in my first league ( the playoffs started a week earlier than the 2nd league) and I beat the #1 seed in my 2nd league in the first match up by 4 points....

I picked up Damien Williams from KC in both leagues, that might be the linch pin in BOTH leagues to be champ! If I win both it will be the first time ever, since the beginning of the leagues... which has about half carried over from the first league.... Whew.. hope this makes sense...

The 1st league I'm playing my brother in the super bowl... HE is a taco, a lucky fuckin taco!!! but he is running into a buzzsaw here, and his luck is going to run out!!!!!

That's all I got....Go Browns!!!!!!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
go browns indeed mrB
i was talking wiht some football fans and i think the browns have to be the turn around team of the year
their draft class is off the hook with quality players (/mayfield, ward, corbet and chubb) and they have a good foundation to build on
best of luck in your fantasy league

ive seen first hand how fantasy can make you root for teams, players you would normally not cheer for
for me, ive already got a lot of irons in the fire (life shit) and only have so much free time
i enjoy posting here and tending to the garden, plus a few other hobbies; where would i find time for fantasy?
im kind of competitive at heart and can really get into things i like and i could see myself going all in on fantasy
/that would mean something else gets less attention
but im sure i could have fun wiht it and we will see
i guess im going to take the wed after christmas off after all and just grind out the rest of the year
but you kniw im going to enjoy every minute of the holidays
i dont think the girl is at fault, but everyone acted like idiots in the hunt situation and i think she has to share some of the blame
the biggest loser here will be hunt
the chargers/chiefs was a great game and we will see who takes the west!
both teams need to win out to get the number one spot
i still think the chiefs take the west and the chargers are the top wild card team in the afc but maybe loosing hunt has hurt their offense more than expected
either way, they are not the team you want to go up against right now
hope you fished off your week strong and are ready for a fun weekend!
got anything planed?
this sunday there are some good games and christmas is just around the corner
kick ass my man and have a great weekend

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Bungle, i always hated being the #1 seed, seemed like 60-70% of the time the 1 seed would lose in the first round of the playoffs. It's like, the 1 seed got there by being hot at the beginning of the year, but then loses steam late, and the 4 seed got there by being hot late and so carries that hot streak into the playoffs.

But good luck to u and hope you win out.

And pop is right, browns are looking dangerous. Think theyve won 3 out of their last 4 games, losing only to the texans? Another good draft this offseason, another year of development for their young players, they could easily be double digit wins next year, assuming they make the right head coaching choice. Maybe keep gregg williams and freddie kitchens? Gregg still has that bounty gate scandal hanging over his head, but as a HC (his first time as one i think) he seems to be pushing all the right buttons...

Pop, i think you could spend as little as 20mins per league per week and still perform well in fantasy football. Just have to spend time setting your lineups and making moves (add/drops from the waiver wire) every week, and there's plenty of online resources that do the heavy research for you so you can spend the bare minimum amount of time and still make good moves.

You could do hours of research every week and perhaps be more informed, but a lot of moves are crapshoots anyway (case in point, bungle starting damien williams against the chargers, who scored twice but most projections did not expect him to score so much) so after a certain point, research can be counter productive, you'll just end up second guessing yourself.

You seem like you really enjoy the end of year holiday season, for a lot of people it's their favorite holiday. Me, i just try to enjoy every day. :biggrin:

Youre right, a decent amount of good games this weekend, colts at cowboys, patriots at steelers, even miami vs vikings. And i hope to see a 9 win bears team bury a 5 win packers team sunday, but wont gloat too much cause aaron rodgers is a bad dude.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im excited about this weekends games
a few teams would like to win out to ensure good seeding in the playoffs and we still have some meaningful games
fantasy sounds like fun and im sure it isnt as hard as i would imagine
im sure there is a learning curve, but i would set my expectations low for the first season
/ you know just getting my feet wet and figuring things out
it sounds like fun
so where are the raiders going to play next season
have you been following this story about how the city of oakland is starting beef against the league and the former oakland raiders
any news on the hunt situation?

you know i love the holidays baba'
its a festive time of year and i like all the holiday decorations
here in san diego the seasons are really subtle but you can always tell when its christmas time
/me and the mrs like to roll one up and then go for walks at night, so its extra fun during this time of year
plus you get all that sweet time off, so even if you arent into the whole holiday spirit thing you have all this extra time off to enjoy

so me and the mrs are going to stop by the indian market later today and pick up a bunch of stuff
they have all these premade sauces/ currie things plus the nan bread and the prices are super cheap
plusthere are these samoas things that are fried and stuffed with this bean stuff that are amzing
we are just going to stroll around and get a bunch of things to try for dinner tonight
im going to try and take it easy on the heat
hope your weekend is starting off on the right foot and you have a great day brother

cant wait for this sundays action and you know im going to enjoy every bite

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I forgot, with the college season over (except for bowl games) there are NFL games on saturdays now. This afternoon we have texans at jets and tonite we have browns at broncos. Ill try to catch some of both, these are teams i dont often have a chance to watch.

Im not sure Pop, i always hear about 1st year fantasy players who end up winning the league, even 1st year players who dont follow football much if at all. You always hear stories about how "my girlfriend is the #1 seed, and she picked players based on how nice of a smile they had" etc etc. Similarly, there are people who have been playing fantasy for 10 years or more and they dont make the playoffs. Also, case in point: the ESPN fantasy analysts are in leagues with celebrities (basketball players, race car drivers, actors etc) and they often dont win the league or even make the playoffs, and these are people whose full time job is fantasy football. These are people who talk to actual nfl coaches and league executives to get inside info, spend 40-60 hours a week on analysis, and theyre losing to kevin durant or anna faris in fantasy football.

So dont count yourself short if you do dip your toe in these waters, if you kill it in the draft and/or waiver wire you can do just as well as anyone.

Yeah, mark davis wants the raiders to play one more season in oakland, but with the city suing him maybe not? Supposedly they could play in san diego (!) next year, maybe a college stadium somewhere in california, maybe a college stadium in nevada? But i have a feeling that despite this suit the raiders will stay put next year and the lawsuit will be settled also.

Not sure what's going on with kareem hunt, but i'd be interested to hear from the girl, elizabeth ottinger. She's been conspicuously silent since this all went down.

Is it samosa's? Filled with a chickpea paste or potatoes? Those are awesome. There arent many indian dishes that have meat in them but theyre so flavorful it usually doesnt matter so much. Hope you get some good dishes and enjoy the football this weekend!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
do you like indian food baba?
there is a huge tech industry here in san diego so we have a lot of indian people who live and work in the area
there is a shopping plaza not too far away that has this market and the same people own the resturant next door ;the food is ok
im friends with some of the indian guys at work and they know the place im talking about, they also like another shopping area a couple exits down
yeah you are right, its samosas, samoas are those coconut cookies, right?
the ones we got were filled with chick peas and they were awesome!
a bag of 50 cost us $2.99! they were the smaller ones, about the size of a half dollar (remember those?) and super tasty
we ended up spending under $20 for a bunch of sauces and curries and we got these bread things too that you cook up yourself
it was kind of spicy but the mrs really liked it and i had fun with the whole thing

i totally missed those game last night
we were messing around in the kitchen and i ended up rolling a bunch of joints for our walk
how did the browns look against the broncos?
the donks arent a bad team but arent having that good a year; with their defense they should be a good test for the young browns offense
/just checked the results, woo hoo go browns
you are right and elizabeth ottinger has been really quiet in teh wake of this whole thing
maybe thats the best thing for her to do right now and i hope she can get her life back to normal
im sure she isnt a bad person and probably feels stupid about how the whole night went down; it wasnt a good look for anyone onvolved
you are probably right that the raiders and the city will reach some sort of agreement and the raiders will play out their last year in oakland

we have some good games coming up today with mia/min in the early slot and then the pats take over the nation on cbs late
ill get to see the c'boys play indy this morning and thebears/ packers will be a good game
enjoy the football and most importantly enjoy every bite brother

shithawk420

Veteran
Wanted to watch that browns game but couldn't.none of the streams were working.

Thought the bears defense kinda sucked today but was still a fun game.DA BEARS! Going to the playoffs!

iTarzan

Cowboys on a roll....Amari Cooper is amazing and Zeke is killing it

The Cowboys got rolled in Indy. Cooper got shut down and Elliot got battered and broken. The Cowboys were outplayed at every phase even with the refs trying to help them win. They made some of the worst calls and no calls ever. I thought the fix was in for sure but the Colts had too much for the Cowboys today.

Colts 23 Cowboys 0

The Cowboys bandwagon had gotten pretty overloaded the past few weeks.

I rooted for the Pats for once and they choked on a big mug of Iron City beer. A Steelers loss put the Colts in the wildcard for now. The Colts need to win the last 2 games and the last one in at the Titans. That one worries me.

Steelers play at New Orleans and Ravens are at Chargers next week. It might be the last chance for either of those teams to lose.

shithawk420

Veteran
Are you a colts fan Tarzan? Just curious cause I don't remember if you said so.wish I could of saw the cowboys turned into cowgirls.lol I kid. ( Actually I'm not)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I like all types of food, Pop, including Indian food. Some of it can look like mush (some of the spinach or chickpea dishes) but it still tastes good, lots of flavor. But ur right, some of it can be really spicy, and unless you enjoy sweating throughout your meal, maybe go easy on the dishes with heat.

And it's a plus that it's so inexpensive, especially the ones without meat. Sounds like you got food for days for like $20. Score! That'd be like one meal at a fast food place for 2-3 people.

Broncos play best when they dont have to rely on keenum throwing a lot, just play defense, watch lindsay and freeman run the ball, and keenum to make timely throws when called upon. But when he has to sling the ball 30+ times a game, that's usually when they dont win, cause he aint that good, lol. Although in his defense, he did lose emmanual sanders for the season (got hurt in practice) and demaryius thomas was traded before that. Now his top receivers are all rookies.

Hawk, itarzan is a colts fan. I used to make fun of him for nut-hugging, i mean worshipping, andrew luck (before lucks shoulder injury) but it was all in good fun. Mostly i was upset that the colts went from peyton to luck and i had to watch cutler and orton and grossman as my qb's.

It was surprising that the colts so thoroughly dominated the cowboys, especially as the cowboys were on a nice win streak. But tarzan is right, they shut down zeke and amari, dak couldnt get anything going, luck didnt put up big numbers but the run game was working with marlon mack. Colts have won 7 of their last 8 and are a well rounded team, good offense and defense.

Packers refused to be put away by the bears until the very end, but bears win the division and end the packers playoff hopes, doesnt get much better than that. The D didnt shut down the packers like they did the rams but holding teams below 10pts isnt that common, even against bad teams. Im just glad trubisky took care of the ball, would have been nice to have picked up more first downs and keep the bears defense rested but the packers arent a bad defensive team, they played hard.

Im watching this rams-eagles game, philly is keeping it competitive with foles at QB. Goff seems to have cooled down a bit the 3 games (has like 7 int's) but he's also capable of dropping some absolute dimes in his receivers' hands. I think back when they played the vikings and he had like 4td's, he was making some beautiful throws that game.

This week is the first (or 2nd in some leagues) week of fantasy playoffs, how'd everyone do?

shithawk420

Veteran
I didn't think so at first,but the more I watch Trubisky the more I like him.he looked pretty good today.he knows when to run.Cohen, Gabriel and Hicks looked good as always too.

Watching Philly and LA too.Philly taking it to LA.

iTarzan

As baba stated I am a Colts fan. I was born in 1955 and was there watching them win it all in 1958 and 1959 with my dad who was a Colt's fan. I consider my Colts fandom really getting started in 1964.

shithawk420

Veteran
I was just curious.me and baba are bears fans and I like NFC rivalries sometimes and like to have fun.
My dad and I are bears fans and our younger friend is a Packers fan so we all watched the game tonight and our younger friend wore his Rodgers jersey and his cheesehead for the game.nothing else to do so we try to have fun.cant say I really like cheeseheads in my house but I don't take it as serious as some do lol

Latest posts

Latest posts