Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > OG Kush > OG means ... ?

Thread Title Search
OG means ... ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2019, 11:48 PM #1
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
OG means ... ?

Hello ... I 've only been involved with Cannabis for a short while and wonder just exactly what does OG mean? Thanks in anticipication!

The whole modern conception of the world is founded on the illusion that the so-called laws of nature are the explanations of natural phenomena.”

“… even when all possible scientific questions had been answered the problems of life would remain completely untouched” (Wittgenstein)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:53 PM #2
budsnblunts

budsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud ofbudsnblunts has much to be proud of
Hey mate, I was under the impression o.g stood for original gangster or ocean grown.

Last edited by budsnblunts; 01-22-2019 at 02:29 AM..
budsnblunts is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:57 PM #3
Oliver Pantsoff

Oliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to allOliver Pantsoff is a name known to all
It stands for the big dude around the corner with a beard and tats in his late 50's wearing overalls, yeah him. Don't fuck with him

OP
Oliver Pantsoff is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:10 AM #4
Dr.NO
Good evening Mr. Bond.

Dr.NO has a spectacular aura aboutDr.NO has a spectacular aura aboutDr.NO has a spectacular aura aboutDr.NO has a spectacular aura about
People used to say OG stood for ocean grown and that there may be some salinity tolerance in the genetics, but it could be apocryphal.
Dr.NO is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 02:16 AM #5
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
When I moved to the valley, I pretty much came to understand it was what the kids in the shops would call their cannabis when they wanted top dollar for it, but could not speak of it's genetics.
It's now an old favorite for me.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:26 AM #6
Illuminate
OG refugee

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
OverGrow...OrGnkid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is online now Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 07:56 AM #7
JetLife175

JetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of light
so the real story is this

Once the kush clone (now known as OG) got.loose and spread from the original crew. The original crew started putting OG on their kush pounds aka OG kush aka this is the kush clone grown by the original guys. If it doesn't make sense to you I guess you would have had to live in LA in the 90s. I've posted about this exact topic on here multiple times. I'm sure you can go through my posts and dig up more detailed info
JetLife175 is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 AM #8
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant future
^^^^^ This guy knows exactly what he is speaking of.
Wendull C. is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:07 AM #9
JetLife175

JetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of lightJetLife175 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah I'm gonna be starting a thread explaining what's known up until this point and time. Well what's widely and perhaps not so widely known. It's getting tiring saying it over and over trying to stop the whole "John from grass valley..." Bullshit. wouldn't do it for any other plant though. The kush saga deserves its place in history.
JetLife175 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:03 AM #10
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
OG is short for Original Glue
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.