Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > What PH meter would you recommend?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What PH meter would you recommend? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2018, 02:44 AM #11
overbudjet

overbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really niceoverbudjet is just really nice
Can't go wrong with a bluelab combo have mine for more than 5 years no hiccup just change ph probe when required, for me around every year.

peace to all
overbudjet is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2018, 03:15 AM #12
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Jellas. $16 off amazon.

It comes with 4 and 7 calibration powder packets for mixing your own calibration solution. Drifts about .2 points in around 6 months time. If you get a bad one, the company will ship you a new one with great customer service.

Seems legit, great price point.

I use drops and even if I get a Jellas I will confirm
with the drops from time to time.

Good thread

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:41 AM #13
tentgrower

tentgrower is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the advice guys
tentgrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:26 PM #14
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
overbudjet, out of curiosity... what's the ticket on a new probe each year?

Dropped Cat, that's exactly what I do. I used drops for a few years, then finally sprang for a Hanna. Used it for a few years until the probe died and discovered the new cheapie generation of pH pens.

A plastic bag and tight rubber band are recommended for waterproofing the cheapies. Waterproofing is the only thing I really appreciate in the more expensive pens. That, and I still need one with .xx accuracy at some point. lol Definitely not cheap.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2018, 11:18 PM #15
NeWcS

NeWcS will become famous soon enoughNeWcS will become famous soon enough
I use these for ph and ec. Was sick of buying Bluelabs once a year. Now if I have an issue I just have to buy a new probe. Not a new meter all the time.
As stated, you can also get a cheapo meter. Just get calibration solution to check it.
The key is storing your meter properly. I always store my pH pen in 4.01ph solution. It never dries out(which is the #1 reasons pens go bad)and always is cal'd
https://smile.amazon.com/Milwaukee-p.../dp/B007Z4HZ8O

Old 11-15-2018, 12:12 AM #16
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
I have Blue Lab pens for ph and ec and also have the combo monitor. The pens have served me well for the last two years but when I began mixing nutes in 30 gallon batches I opted for the combo meter since the probes stay in the solution and have far quicker reaction times than the pens, especially the ph probe.

I've never used other brands, expensive or cheap as the Blue Labs have fit the bill.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Starkes Story: An LED Tale Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is online now Quote

Old 11-15-2018, 12:20 AM #17
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone can sell a freezer to an Eskimo in the middle of winter It's all in the marketing

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:19 AM #18
knuckles

knuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of lightknuckles is a glorious beacon of light
This one.
knuckles is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:48 AM #19
mdgg4

mdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to allmdgg4 is a name known to all
Why is everyone shitting on Blue Lab? I've had my Blue Lab now since 2014 with no probs. Fucker done dry out on me more than once and keeps on ticking. See I think the trick is to only use Blue Lab calibration solutions. Some people might use other brands which might fuck shit up, my 2¢

PEACE!
mdgg4 is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2018, 04:42 AM #20
Dankdude
A figment of your imagination

Dankdude is just really niceDankdude is just really niceDankdude is just really niceDankdude is just really niceDankdude is just really niceDankdude is just really niceDankdude is just really niceDankdude is just really nice
Blue Labs, hands down.
As long as I calibrate it once a week, it never fails me.
I agree, I use only Blue Lab calibration salutation to calibrate.
Dankdude is offline Quote