Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Cuttings & Propagation Techniques > Monster cropping - regeneration question

Thread Title Search
Monster cropping - regeneration question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2017, 11:54 PM #1
borntoinsulate

borntoinsulate is on a distinguished road
Monster cropping - regeneration question

Hi all
I stumbled upon monster cropping - taking cuttings from a flowering plant - due to unfortunate circumstances and I love it. If you've never done it - it'cool. The plants regerate themselves and they grow all deformed for the first few weeks. The leaves dont look typical. Then the plants start to grow normal after a few weeks. I cant tell if theres any advatage yield wise. But what i like about it is that it creates multiple tops without any help. I have a 4 week old monster cropped clone right now that 6" tall and it already has 6 tops. So in the past I vegged monster cropped clones for 5 or 6 weeks. The regeneration process seems to make everything take a little longer. The plant finalky looks "normal" and then i flip it.
My question is what if I flip the plant early - before the regeneration process is completed? What if I flip it while it still has the "funny" leaves?
Im going to try one day as I'm super curious to what it would do. I just wanted to see if anyone did it before or if they had a prediction.
Thanks in advance
Will
borntoinsulate is offline Quote

Old 11-05-2017, 12:44 PM #2
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
I can't answer your question but the reason I don't like monster cropping is that it's resulted in loads and loads of small buds which are an absolute nightmare to trim
madalasatori is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:24 AM #3
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
the funkiness wont go away but it will eventually stop. gonna trim them all off anyways so i wouldnt worry about it.

these were all accidentally monstercropped, long story..... worked out in my favor. about week 3+ right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171028_172059.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	435903 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171103_214041.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	435904
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 11-21-2017, 05:30 PM #4
Dr. Purpur
Custom Haze crosses

Dr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivor
If you throw them into bud during a reveg with funny leaves, they make funny buds. The plant is confused.

This year we had a big problem. I made a cross about 5 or 6 years ago. I've done about 175 to 200 crosses so far, but this one is my favorite. I never released it. My son, exwife and I keep it.my sons plant wouldn't clone this year, and my ex lost hers while she was working in humboldt. I had to take my one copy that was budding outdoors, pull it inside. It's a mess. I will use it for a mother. I always bud them much later when they return to about normal, otherwise I'll get a bunch of weird popcorn shit.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 AM #5
RedDirtWarrior

RedDirtWarrior has a spectacular aura aboutRedDirtWarrior has a spectacular aura aboutRedDirtWarrior has a spectacular aura aboutRedDirtWarrior has a spectacular aura aboutRedDirtWarrior has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Purpur View Post
If you throw them into bud during a reveg with funny leaves, they make funny buds. The plant is confused.

This year we had a big problem. I made a cross about 5 or 6 years ago. I've done about 175 to 200 crosses so far, but this one is my favorite. I never released it. My son, exwife and I keep it.my sons plant wouldn't clone this year, and my ex lost hers while she was working in humboldt. I had to take my one copy that was budding outdoors, pull it inside. It's a mess. I will use it for a mother. I always bud them much later when they return to about normal, otherwise I'll get a bunch of weird popcorn shit.

That weird popcorn shit is exactly what connoisseurs should be breeding for, not dense nugs.

The more trichomes exposed to sunlight - the more potent.

I wonder how different the high would be of a monstercropped popcorned plant vs a regularly grown one?
RedDirtWarrior is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:41 AM #6
Dr. Purpur
Custom Haze crosses

Dr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDirtWarrior View Post
That weird popcorn shit is exactly what connoisseurs should be breeding for, not dense nugs.

The more trichomes exposed to sunlight - the more potent.

I wonder how different the high would be of a monstercropped popcorned plant vs a regularly grown one?

I gave the popcorn buds to the cleaners. It wasn't good.

This is what my plant looks like when its grown right. It can drop you with one bong hit

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:35 AM #7
HughGhasso

HughGhasso has a spectacular aura aboutHughGhasso has a spectacular aura aboutHughGhasso has a spectacular aura about
Big downside for me is the time it takes to reveg. It’s not a quick job.
Definitely a last resort but an effective one if that’s all you got.
HughGhasso is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2018, 08:33 AM #8
BC32

BC32 is on a distinguished road
Depending on your growing style and typical length of flowering, you can do this and have it be perfect timing to go into the flower room when the generation before finishes.
If you don't mind extra pruning and training your plants, it can be done successfully and turn out just as good. Just my experience though.
BC32 is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2018, 04:53 PM #9
SandyFantasyman

SandyFantasyman is a jewel in the roughSandyFantasyman is a jewel in the roughSandyFantasyman is a jewel in the roughSandyFantasyman is a jewel in the roughSandyFantasyman is a jewel in the roughSandyFantasyman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoinsulate View Post
Hi all

My question is what if I flip the plant early - before the regeneration process is completed? What if I flip it while it still has the "funny" leaves?
Im going to try one day as I'm super curious to what it would do. I just wanted to see if anyone did it before or if they had a prediction.
Thanks in advance
Will
I once took a cut of flowering C99, rooted it under 18/6, and flipped it before it had a chance to fully revert to vegetative state. It immediately went back into full flower. It ended up finishing in about 36 days and the yield was negligible.
SandyFantasyman is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 06:31 AM #10
arkansas1

arkansas1 is on a distinguished road
three of my small clones showed signs of flowering when i let the light schedule get off a bit (accidentally). i switched to 24 hrs and they re-vegged, but it has taken around two months to get them ready for flowering.

not sure what to expect, but i did a lot of "prune and bush", like seven rounds. one is in a 30 qt tote and the other two are in 17 gal buckets.

i went ahead and started new seeds, not into the monster crop thing. will post the results if anyone is interested.

the strain is from greenpoint in colorado. stardawg x bodhi goji.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monster3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	485923
arkansas1 is offline Quote