Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2016, 02:31 AM #31
Meraxes

Meraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1 View Post
I've seen countless pretty loaded boxes. The shield is definitely itely one of the best but I don't really need the gaming aspect and I don't have a 4k TV. I have been looking into just getting a new computer as that is needed as well and running it as a htpc as well. No box is going to be as powerful as a stand alone computer. I'm going to do this very soon.
the minux boxes have both lollipop and windows, and run kodi almost as good as the shield. great mini pc's that can do a number of things I hear, good all-in-one

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:42 AM #32
Meraxes

Meraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjygav View Post
Just installed nemesis, that's the sort of building I was after but it's all genesis for film and tv shows and that's coming down.
despite not being updated anymore, its going to keep scraping for new tv show episodes and movies. I cant wait to see the next project Lambda has, knowing him it will blow away genesis

until then get SALTS (stream all the sources) from tvaddons repo, and get the Entertainment repo from https://justnewtech.com/ and install Entertainment Hub and Release Hub...lots of 1080p content/newest movies lots still in theaters or haven't been released on bluray yet. the best options on there are Links and 300mbmoviesforu

israellive another good live tv addon on justnewtech repo, lots of HD sports

Old 01-13-2016, 02:50 AM #33
oldbean
Banned

oldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really niceoldbean is just really nice
I've been using Kodi for about 10yrs, it was XBMC originally anyhoo...

This guys blog is real handy & constantly updated.

Enjoy

https://seo-michael.co.uk

Old 01-13-2016, 02:57 AM #34
Meraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbean View Post
I've been using Kodi for about 10yrs, it was XBMC originally anyhoo...

This guys blog is real handy & constantly updated.

Enjoy

https://seo-michael.co.uk
Great link, and yes, we cant forget the granddaddy of them all Navi X! was developed with the original xbox hardware

Old 01-13-2016, 07:29 PM #35
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
So these play games as well?if so wich one should i get? These things sound expensive.never heard of them till now.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:05 PM #36
ganjygav

I got a firestick today,I paid £60 fully loaded. It's awesome. Layouts a little different but within half hour I know what's what.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:45 AM #37
Meraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
So these play games as well?if so wich one should i get? These things sound expensive.never heard of them till now.

I recommend the Nvidia Shield a little more than the Fire, but if your looking under a 100, definately the fire/firestick is a close second. Sports....O yeah every sports channel you can think of for free, every PPV UFC fight....free. Just watched Aldo/Magregor on sportsdevil live that night. What's that like $80...its great

Old 01-14-2016, 05:47 AM #38
Bmac1

Bmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud ofBmac1 has much to be proud of
I tried one out a while back but noticed that a lot of the live tv and local channels were not hd. HD wasnt a problem with the tv shows and movies though.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - On hiatus

Old 01-14-2016, 06:02 AM #39
Meraxes

Sportsdevil 1/12/2016 latest update: https://seo-michael.co.uk/ first download-go to settings-addons-install from zip-scroll to downloads-click on 1-12-2016. *sportsdevil no longer updates via repo, you have to download the zip (usually around once a month its updated)........everything on there working like a champ now

Last edited by Meraxes; 01-14-2016 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: f- up

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:21 AM #40
Meraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmac1 View Post
I tried one out a while back but noticed that a lot of the live tv and local channels were not hd. HD wasnt a problem with the tv shows and movies though.

The new DexterTV has a lot of HD sports, also ProSports has games and game replays. Mostly yes, most sports are going to be 480p, but screw it its free. Movies and TV shows almost always has HD links, especially in SALTS and phoenix

Thread Closed