Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > The Library > Happiness is..... a good book

Thread Title Search
Happiness is..... a good book Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2015, 11:22 AM #21
cyat

cyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of lightcyat is a glorious beacon of light
siddartha by herman hesse..... the teachings of don juan by carlos castenada( whole series )... jesus lived in india by? meetings with remarkable men by gurdjieff

wizard of earthsea by ursula le guin
cyat is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:19 PM #22
Baron Greenback

Mr vertigo - Paul Auster. A great story.
I also really liked Carter beats the devil by Glenn David Gold.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:40 PM #23
Jahnice
thicker skin in training

Jahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to behold

is Kurt Vonnegut still alive and writing?
Breakfast of Champions, Player Piano and Galapagos were some of my favourites from him.

i always look out for a new release from Tom Robbins.
we seem to have a similar humour.
'Even Cowgirls Get the Blues' was an eye opening book for me as a young woman.

topical for 'Top Gear' Fans
a British Car Culture tv show hosted by 3 car freaks, one of them being.......

Jeremy Clarkson-'The World According to Clarkson'

he was recently fired from the BBC's Top Gear for
verbally abusing one of the production staff
Jahnice is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2015, 06:24 PM #24
Corpsey
pollen dabber

Corpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to all
Vonnegut is not alive sadly. He died in 2007.
Breakfast of champions was a fun read. I really liked timequake as well. Still have to finish a few more of his novels including Galapagos and cat's cradle.

R.I.P. Brother Elemental

Prop 215 compliant
Corpsey's organic room
Corpsey is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2015, 09:25 AM #25
rod58

rod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivorrod58 is a survivor
i love most books , especially epics , james micheners "alaska" as an example and also auto biographies of sportsmen , cricketer , rugby and motor racing legends ..a sad world without !
rod58 is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2015, 05:56 PM #26
WeetisPotPie

I am very fortunate, I am in my mid 40's and have 2 young daughters, 5-6 years old. I read to them every night and it has become something I look forward too. We are just starting the Guardian series by William Joyce and it is an outstanding series. I am enjoying them as much as the kids.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:52 PM #27
Jahnice
thicker skin in training

Jahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to behold
yes, kids books are amazing.
there can be so many life lessons packed into 20 or 30 pages.
pretty cool illustrators too.

my favourite is Dr. Suess-
cat in the hat,
lorax,
one fish two fish

i still am facinated by pop up books!
Jahnice is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2015, 07:41 PM #28
Hermanthegerman
Dont fake the funk!

Hermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivorHermanthegerman is a survivor
Happiness is a good book, reading in the garden at the first warm day here. In my case it just was Stephen King with "Cell".
Hermanthegerman is online now Quote

Old 04-13-2015, 10:22 AM #29
furrywall11

furrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the rough
I'm digging audio books right now... I live way out in the boonies and find myself driving into town for business or errands quite often...the whole ride is story time now.

The Lies of Locke Lamora... There are two books out now and five or so more on the way. Fantasy/Sci fi. A thieves guild in a beautifully crafted world based on Venice..Counts and Contessas....The dialogue is amazing and the narrator does impressions.

If you want to pick up a real paper book try The Fan Man or Confederacy of Dunces. Two great subversive books from the 60's.
furrywall11 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:09 AM #30
Jahnice
thicker skin in training

an audio book is always a good 'road trip' accessory.
they keep your mind from wandering off and hopefully your auto too.

lots of good suggestions for summer reading. i have a xmas gift certificate to a local
book store and i now have a few things to check out.

i am now just finishing up reading David Sedaris - 'let's explore diabetes with owls'.
he writes short stories in a comedic style.
other good books from him are Santaland Diaries, Barrel Fever and Me Talk Pretty One Day.

i am now appreciating how hard it is to project humour with the written word. (see Flirting for Beginnners...lol)
jokes are all about timing and emphasis on word play.
Jahnice is offline Quote