Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > CRAMPS!

Thread Title Search
CRAMPS! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 05:07 PM #1
Batboy

Batboy will become famous soon enoughBatboy will become famous soon enough
CRAMPS!

I am posting on behalf of my wife who is not a huge fan of MJ. She isn't against weed per se, but she rarely uses it herself (nor does she drink or do anything else -- she doesn't like to feel 'altered'). She is also skeptical that weed is as great of a medicine as everyone says.

Unfortunately, my wife suffers horrible menstrual cramps and 'modern' medicine hasn't been able to help. No over-the-counter med has worked and she has had side-effects from the few things that have been prescribed for her. She especially doesn't like prescription pain meds as they make her very loopy; which she hates. She has pretty much resigned herself to popping some Motrin and taking baths. It is bad enough that when she was having a c-section for our last child (and the last one we will ever have), she asked the doc about an elective hysterectomy. Docs wouldn't even discuss it as an option.

She has tried smoking MJ to relieve the pain and while she acknowledges that she doesn't focus on the discomfort for awhile after she smokes, she doesn't really enjoy being high nor is it a realistic option for getting through the day as she would never smoke during the 12ish hours a day that our kids are awake.

From my limited experience with edibles, I don't think they are a good suggestion because of the long-lasting, sometimes unpredictably strong effects. In the past, after the initial giggles wear off, she has expressed to me her desire for "it to be over." I can just imagine the horror of her learning how long a good edibles trip can be.

Does anyone have any success using MJ, edibles, oils, topical lotions, etc. to relieve cramps? Or even something non-MJ? 5 days out of every month a black cloud hangs over our house and there is much fear and discontent. Even the dogs know to stay in the shadows. PMS I can handle; this is real pain.

Thanks
Batboy is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM #2
nobull56

nobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura about
Queen Elizabeth of England found cannabis for cramps her preferred remedy. As for eating, my father takes Kief (un-pressed hash) in small doses to find the correct dosage for that plant type. She might want to try small amounts of hash or Kief (1/8 gr.) wait 1 to 2 hours for effect. Increase amount to find amount that works without the unwanted side effects. Dad likes this form to avoid the taste. Some folks use tinctures & rub them on the abdomen to avoid the high feeling.
Good luck

Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 AM #3
ROJO145
Banned

ROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to allROJO145 is a name known to all
I like to smoke a nice joint and rub the old ladys belly when she got cramps,well,and when I got an old lady!
ROJO145 is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2010, 01:22 AM #4
Ontariostoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobull56 View Post
Queen Elizabeth of England found cannabis for cramps her preferred remedy.
Good luck
Queen Victoria - it was prescribed by her doctor.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:09 AM #5
nobull56

nobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura aboutnobull56 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the tune up

Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 PM #6
hashit

hashit is a jewel in the roughhashit is a jewel in the roughhashit is a jewel in the roughhashit is a jewel in the roughhashit is a jewel in the roughhashit is a jewel in the rough
My wife also gets horrible cramps...but a heavy indica usually relieves her...then again we do not have kids and she can injest cannabis any time throughout the day. I recommend the strain "Powerkush" for cramps..it was given as a freebie a while back...it's from Dinafem. Let her go to 10 weeks and she will get a nice amber profile perfect for cramps.
hashit is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 PM #7
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batboy View Post
Does anyone have any success using MJ, edibles, oils, topical lotions, etc. to relieve cramps? Or even something non-MJ? 5 days out of every month a black cloud hangs over our house and there is much fear and discontent. Even the dogs know to stay in the shadows. PMS I can handle; this is real pain.

Thanks
You need to take a hot lovin shower with her. Amazing how much that helps my wife. Digs all the cramping material out for her. Yep, 5 heavy days a month but a good hot shower or 3, with me, and she's Muuuuch better and things go relatively smoothly.

I highly suggest cannacaps of a good "Mellow" sativa for the toughest pain. (Unless she happens to get "Active" from Indicas.)

Stay Safe!
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 PM #8
greentrich
"Death is the road to awe..."

greentrich will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm right there with you Batboy. My wife is in the same situation, although I guess I lucked out cuz she actually likes cannabis.
2 surgeries later and 3 trips to the hospital....Still hasn't helped her. Only cannabis. Her OB doc prescribed Percoset...but that shit is nasty, addictive, and rips her stomach up.

So now it's down to Hydro-Soil's recommendation of "lovin" shower and some good cannabis.

Now onto my question...She digs sativas over indicas. So can anyone recommend a good sativa for cramps?

Her PMS is ok, it's about 2 days into the cycle and I find her doubled over on the bathroom floor in pain, crying, and pounding on the floor.

Not intending to hj your thread Batboy...thought results to this question might help you too as a good clean sativa isn't too altering (at least compared to an indica).
greentrich is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 PM #9
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrich View Post
Now onto my question...She digs sativas over indicas. So can anyone recommend a good sativa for cramps?
My wife doesn't recall any strains that were particularly better than any others, for cramps. I would recommend something that doesn't fog her out when she smokes a bit of it. The cannacaps will be diferent than smoking... with distinct similarities.

Stay Safe!
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 04:16 PM #10
reality checker

reality checker is on a distinguished road
I have had success with dj short's blueberry for my cramps.
reality checker is offline Quote