What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The War of 2020: the upcoming elections

White Beard

Since some...persons...decided to make the InfoWars thread into a surrogate for political animosity, and given the rightly-closed impeachment thread, Phatty suggested an election thread.

So: Republicans will be defending 22 senate seats, while only 12 Democrats are up for re-election. All 435 representatives are up.

The Trump regime is likewise up for re-election.

Can we discuss these things without piss-fights and shit-flinging?
Tune in to find out!

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Folks didn't want Obama for 2 terms. Look what happened! I sure hope you marcans hold tRUMP to just one.

White Beard

Switcher, is that you? What happened?

ObContent: Obama was more popular than you maybe think, though I don’t know of anyone who approved of him on things like drone strikes, prosecution of whistleblowers, TPP, deportations, Libya, Syria. He was the closest we’ve had to a Sacred King in the White House since JFK: he excelled at the actual presidenting, whereas the current Resident isn’t even a cardboard cutout of a president.not much of a chief executive, either.

Major elements in play include immigration and the border situation, the cost of healthcare and pharmaceuticals, the fate of cannabis at the federal level, and the House’s review of the evidence and findings produced by the Mueller investigation. There are of course other things...

Personally, I think presenting a united front on cannabis de-scheduling and de-regulation would be an extremely smart move for the Dems.

White Beard

I doubt the electorate will be quite as malleable this time: Trump has 30% baked in, nothing but personal betrayal will sway them, based on my knowing of folks; I think we will see the bulk of the maybe-Trumpers change their stripes, leaving him with little more than his 30...depending on the investigations, he may end closer to 25%

I believe the HELL NO vote will be substantial - more of a landslide than the one he thinks he got

Cool Moe

Veteran
All good points White Beard, made on a fine day to acknowledge the power of positive thinking...

picture.php

Cannavore

Veteran
Trump will demolish 90% of the dems running. Especially if all they do is talk about russia and impeachment.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Switcher, is that you? What happened?

ObContent: Obama was more popular than you maybe think, though I don’t know of anyone who approved of him on things like drone strikes, prosecution of whistleblowers, TPP, deportations, Libya, Syria. He was the closest we’ve had to a Sacred King in the White House since JFK: he excelled at the actual presidenting, whereas the current Resident isn’t even a cardboard cutout of a president.not much of a chief executive, either.

Major elements in play include immigration and the border situation, the cost of healthcare and pharmaceuticals, the fate of cannabis at the federal level, and the House’s review of the evidence and findings produced by the Mueller investigation. There are of course other things...

Personally, I think presenting a united front on cannabis de-scheduling and de-regulation would be an extremely smart move for the Dems.
That would be me good buddy. I couldn't log in??? Tried for 3 days to no avail. The IT on this site is nothing to write home about. Even contacting them via the contact us wasn't fruitful.

You are right the last great President was JFK. He had it right! Ask not what the country can do for you, rather what can you do for the country. Is that presidential enough for you :)

White Beard

Trump will demolish 90% of the dems running. Especially if all they do is talk about russia and impeachment.

Well, they’re also talking about McConnell’s flat refusal to admit any legislation passed by the house. I mean really, people *have* to understand the difference between saving the nation and doing it all uphill, backwards, and in high heels...if we’re still going to have a nation, anyway.

Cannavore

Veteran
Some great recent talks from Tulsi Gabbard and a great speech from Bernie last night.

[YOUTUBEIF]ttQlm0O5ql0[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]ndD23MCDF_k[/YOUTUBEIF]

Brother Nature

Do you think that fight between Biden and Trump will actually happen now? Maybe that could be how we decide the next president, two elderly egomaniacs glove up and the winner takes all. My money'd be on Biden, given he seems more fit, but then again Trump has the weight behind him and if he can land a few Biden may be in trouble. I mean Ruiz Jr. beat Joshua so anything can happen.

I also thought this thread was gonna be about Iran :(

White Beard

I very much hope it’s NOT Biden, I cannot vote for him...I’d rather see HRC in office

Do you think that fight between Biden and Trump will actually happen now? Maybe that could be how we decide the next president, two elderly egomaniacs glove up and the winner takes all. My money'd be on Biden, given he seems more fit, but then again Trump has the weight behind him and if he can land a few Biden may be in trouble. I mean Ruiz Jr. beat Joshua so anything can happen.

I also thought this thread was gonna be about Iran :(

Trumps the kind o’ guy who only beats up women, and men who are being held down for him...clown wouldn’t have survived recess where I went to school.

This thread will probably cover Iran, too: Pompeo is rattling his saber over the recent ship attacks, blames and scolds Iran...real good chance Chump tries another gulf war between now and Election Day. Hell, the bastard might try to cancel the election

Brother Nature

I actually really like Butterkeg, but a gay man in the whitehouse is even less likely than a woman. The old guard in the Democrats need to give it up though, retire and live their lives, let us all be, they're just embarrassing themselves and their party for the most part. The only thing I can say I like about Trump as a president is that his presidency has shown what a fallacy and crock of shit this American system of 'Democracy' has become. The weird thing is no one seems to see it, those in the right are too busy defending him and those on the left are too busy being 'morally outraged' by him. Now we're likely going into another pointless war and no ones even really paying attention.

packerfan79

Veteran
Warren is surging in the polls color me shocked. Bernie is starting to sag. Biden probably won't last through the primaries, he's got to much baggage. If he could skip past the primaries, he's got a decent chance against Trump.

Andrew Yang is interesting and has actual policy positions. Too nerdy though.

@brother nature. Butterkeg good nickname. Beta's gonna get mad at you. Lol.

I like butternuts, that's what I call my boss though.

Butterkeg could do well if he doesn't alienate the middle by pandering to the far left progressive base. That's really the biggest hurdle for any Democrat. They have to be a moderate candidate in the general, and progressive to win the primary.

Latest posts

Latest posts