Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Speakers Corner > top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Thread Title Search
top of the heap to third world status in one generation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2018, 06:07 AM #21
vta

vta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivor
Quote:
top of the heap to third world status in one generation
Insight or thoughts as to how it happened.
I have a few thoughts....but let's start with is.

Now I get what all the kneeling is all about...lol i kid, i kid

vta is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:29 AM #22
Brother Nature

Brother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Lol, but the NFL hasn't been worth watching in at least the last decade.

A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others.
Brother Nature is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:56 AM #23
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Most of the world prefers to watch a football game that includes a real round ball being struck by a foot, or head, with plays lasting 45 minutes (each half) and not just 4 seconds (on average), so I'm not surprised if American Grid-Iron players have to moonlight as Chippendale's these days......They should have kept it like Rugby, but the advertizers don't like having to wait thru 40 minutes of play before they can blast you with a beer add.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:56 AM #24
vta

vta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
Lol, but the NFL hasn't been worth watching in at least the last decade.

You got me there...

But...

vta is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 07:02 AM #25
vta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
Most of the world prefers to watch a football game that includes a real round ball being struck by a foot, or head, with plays lasting 45 minutes (each half) and not just 4 seconds (on average), so I'm not surprised if American Grid-Iron players have to moonlight as Chippendales.
OK...you and I both know the difference between apples and oranges, right? Soccer is to football as figure skating is to hockey.

Now rugby...there is a sport !

vta is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:06 AM #26
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute

theJointedOne is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:14 AM #27
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Yeah but over here mate we don't call it 'Soccer'.....its 'Football'.....because they use a real round ball that is primarily struck by the foot for the 90+ minutes of the game...

I reckon the USA hi-jacked the word 'Football'.....and now they are getting confused about it, so need to get the correct info about it......all in the quest of more awareness in sports, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vta View Post
OK...you and I both know the difference between apples and oranges, right? Soccer is to football as figure skating is to hockey.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:42 AM #28
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
Alexander Fraser Tytler
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

I see the figures of misery for today and US is responsible to fix it all Dropped Cat implied? Like I said before, go back a hundred years and keep going to see what real suffering looks like. There were a lot less people back then so numbers of poor mean nothing. Percentages do though. Poor around me are typically overweight. Fifty or more years back, not at all the case.

Oh and American football should be called eggball. hehe A good game for sure but the constant stopping of the game is annoying.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 08:11 AM #29
Brother Nature

Brother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond repute
“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Some guy who shot himself in the face.

I actually find nearly all sports aside from motorcycle racing and fighting (Boxing, MMA, etc..) pretty boring to watch in comparison to participating. I suppose the gambling aspect changes that, though.

Quote:
You got me there...

But...

View Image

Oh I always support a cheerleader.

Quote:

For sure, we do that pretty well over here too...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Anyways, I digress. To be back on topic I don't think America is third world, in some parts for sure but all over it's just going through painful changes, happens to every nation, I just hope we learned from Nero...

A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others.
Brother Nature is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 10:15 PM #30
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
In 1820, close to 90% of any population was involved in agriculture, and you can afford to be poor if most of your needs are met.

The U. S. is not a democracy, it was designed to prevent it, since that is an easy way to oppress a minority. What we see now is the result of democratic things that became institutionalized.

The Great Depression was pretty desolate, of course, it was engineered, then solved by democratic programs and war. This seems like a slow rerun.

One should be a little suspicious of anyone like General Motors who claims to be lifting you out of poverty and then moves major divisions to the Isle of Guernsey and places like that. Also, the way they sabotaged rail transit around the 1930s, is the main explanation why most areas lack the inter-knittedness of Europe. I have watched a group propose replacing a rail system for forty years, nothing has happened and they are too dim to even think of linking it to the airport.

It's just a bunch of self-inflicted stab wounds starting to take their toll now. I strongly consider that the actual role of the "Intelligence" agencies is to dismantle the place and offshore the cash. There really isn't much other explanation for their behavior. Sec. of Treasury is an employee of the International Monetary Fund, i. e., a foreign agent.

Paper goods just went up 5%, and there are billions of pounds of meat stuck in warehouses with nowhere to go, thanks to recent policy. To me it seems to be a long term cumulative disaster rather than twenty years ago being any good, in fact Clinton's repeal of Glass Steagall was quite shattering. So to place a "whopper" in that time frame, that would be it.
Satyros is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.