Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Thread Title Search
Have you looked at the North Pole lately? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 AM #11
303hydro
senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia

303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice
It's some sort of ice mass unit such as square miles...

The point is, IT WILL BE GONE IN LESS THAN 25 YEARS.

Here is a better graph, there is tons of info out there.

My personal garden:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=211246

Last edited by 303hydro; 07-12-2011 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: i said land mass instead of ice mass
303hydro is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 AM #12
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant future
Oil companies are chomping at he bit to drill the NW passage.

DiscoBiscuit is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 AM #13
Iron_Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
I think the north pole is rich in diamonds too, the melting ice just makes all the good stuff easier to get to.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:13 AM #14
igrowone

igrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh yeah, there is some sweet stuff opening up
they look to have a long season this year(my guess)
i'm think the northeast passage may open in 2 weeks or so, it's been speeding up though there, but that can change just as fast

Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 AM #15
H^2o2

Speaking of the north pole, anyone hear about the polar bears? I guess they usually swim to the big ice packs every summer. Past few years they've noticed that because of global warming the big ice packs are now hundreds of miles further than normal, and they've spotted and tracked bears swimming like 800 miles, just weeks of swimming and they lose like 35% of their body weight. Guess its getting worse.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:20 AM #16
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant future
Remember the video of the sea lion on the chunk of ice and the killer whale waiting for it to fall in the water? I wonder if a kw would fuck with a polar bear in the same situation?

I know, crazy thought. Just trying not to veer toward the polys.

DiscoBiscuit is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 AM #17
igrowone

igrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Remember the video of the sea lion on the chunk of ice and the killer whale waiting for it to fall in the water? I wonder if a kw would fuck with a polar bear in the same situation?

I know, crazy thought. Just trying not to veer toward the polys.
that is a wild thought, this has had to have happened at some point
bears are in the water, killer whales are in the water

Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 AM #18
thesloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H^2o2 View Post
Speaking of the north pole, anyone hear about the polar bears? I guess they usually swim to the big ice packs every summer. Past few years they've noticed that because of global warming the big ice packs are now hundreds of miles further than normal, and they've spotted and tracked bears swimming like 800 miles, just weeks of swimming and they lose like 35% of their body weight.
I don't see the problem. Those polar bears are going to get ripped, and will probably get mad pussy, bro.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:45 AM #19
303hydro
senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia

303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I don't see the problem. Those polar bears are going to get ripped, and will probably get mad pussy, bro.
Their main food is seal meat. They catch them buy standing above breathing holes on the ice. No Ice = No Seal Meat.

My personal garden:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=211246
303hydro is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 AM #20
CLOWD11

Quote:
Excellent!

Lets dig up more oil to burn so the south pole disappears too.