What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Cups?

Cloneman

Veteran
Here's one

normal_union-jack-tea-cup-stool.jpg

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
There is one coming up, but there is nothing to really stop you from organising one. I think I spotted it on IG

Rent a country house that is walking distance from trains and buses and put an event on, or distribute judges packs and get the answers sent in over the following week.

..or you could do a "1 for 1 growers cup" .. for example, 31 judges, all enter 30 x 1g, each entrant gets 30 x 1g of all other entrants samples

yts farmer

Veteran
There is uk cannabis cups, there was one within the last couple of months called the dead fox cup. Heard about itbon ig but it was invite only which i thought was strange as it would be mostly the uk breeders from ig so is like a closed shop if you catch my drift.

B

bigganjabud

I was thinking about the logistics of one after you mentioned it on Saturday

Tbh last time some of us linked up

Yts and he's east coast cookies won my vote HANDS DOWN!!

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is one coming up, but there is nothing to really stop you from organising one. I think I spotted it on IG

Rent a country house that is walking distance from trains and buses and put an event on, or distribute judges packs and get the answers sent in over the following week.

..or you could do a "1 for 1 growers cup" .. for example, 31 judges, all enter 30 x 1g, each entrant gets 30 x 1g of all other entrants samples

I want minimum of 10 g as a sample.. & I need more then 2 days to judge.. One of my creteria is that if I have 10+ weeds infront of me I find that I am smoking one over the others. Not gonna happen with a g sample. Also I need enough to be able to smoke the preferable ones for @ least a week before I can comment of the after effects. So I categorise 30 weeds into 10 over a few joints & the microscope & the hair straightners, then I smoke those 10 for the rest of the week eliminating the duds. Then I get my 'prefered' I will keep going back to i.e. the best.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some clown told me to judge my own in my comments. Id say when you can spare 10g as a sample or have a 9 for the cup give me & the crew a shout. We held the first ever UK cup. Ain't nobody judgeing on 1 gram sample. How do we know it's consistent?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not really a swap cup, I don't want to swap I want to get a few quarters or something as samples. Howver it works chaos. Grams no.. I want to build a 1-2 gram head to see the mono & Sesterps I wanna press it & I wanna have a joint to remind me of how good it was as a sample before it's either discarded or I want the cutting.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I mean swap in the sense that there is no razzamataz, no fees, no money, no corruption, no glory, just different growers getting to sample different things and see whats good and see what goes well with them.

Back in London I grew 3 clones in 10 years, but tried lots, swapping with friends.