What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Thai - Restock in 2015?

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola dubi,

I went to your site to purchase some more Double Thai seeds and noticed this strain is no longer listed on your site. Will you be producing more seeds and if so when we they be available again?

Saludos

RC_Colas

walkabout

I recently emailed ace about this as I was going to try to snag some fresh beans as I only have 5, I received this email as a response:

Good morning,

Thanks for your interest. Double Thai was available past years as limited edition, it will be discontinued for 2015 as we have no plans to make a new reproduction in short time,
but you still can find last packs available through our main international retailers like Attitude Seedbank

So unfortunately it doesn't look like they're gonna be around anymore or at least not anytime soon...I suggest trying to snag some before they're all gone!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi RC_Colas,

Unfortunately, Double Thai won't be available for 2015. It has been widely available since its release, so i think you still can easily find some pack from retailers.

Not sure when i will have the time to work again with the line ... the schedule is tight for this year. Golden Tiger fem is also worth to consider (especially past release) as it was very Double Thai dominant, but even better.

Last edited:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Follow-up ? for dubi

Follow-up ? for dubi

Hola dubi,

Thank you for the reply and I have located some remaining seeds for purchase as you have suggested.

Was there any difference between the 2012 and 2014 seed lots in terms of expression ( Meao vs. Koh Chang dominate) and potency? Just wondering where you where taking the line before you decided to put things on hold? Also, any particular reason you decided not to continue the line?

Saludos

RC_Colas

Hi RC_Colas,

Unfortunately, Double Thai won't be available for 2015. It has been widely available since its release, so i think you still can easily find some pack from retailers.

Not sure when i will have the time to work again with the line ... the schedule is tight for this year. Golden Tiger fem is also worth to consider (especially past release) as it was very Double Thai dominant, but even better.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola RC_Colas,

Double Thai was released in 2008 as a Koh Chang x Meo Thai F1 uniform hybrid, the following releases were F2 and F3 generations that displayed more variability from both sides of the hybrid. Double Thai has been widely available for years and only when the strain was out of stock people started to be more interested in this long flowering tropical sativa hybrid, crazy world. :thinking:

I like a lot Double Thai, the reason we are not working with DT this year is simple, we have been very busy with other projects.
Hopefully we will have the chance to bring her back in the future.

Buenas vibras!

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For anyone who has grown DT, what is the high like?
Just wondering, because I have 4 packs on ice.
Never grew pure Thai before and just wondering if it is for me.
I won't know for sure until I do them, but inside info would be good.

vinrusso

GT

GT

Hola dubi,

Thank you for the reply and I have located some remaining seeds for purchase as you have suggested.

Was there any difference between the 2012 and 2014 seed lots in terms of expression ( Meao vs. Koh Chang dominate) and potency? Just wondering where you where taking the line before you decided to put things on hold? Also, any particular reason you decided not to continue the line?

Saludos

RC_Colas
Go for the GT fem. It's stronger than Double Thai or Reg GT. I was pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of bud. I had a Thai pheno that was electric.

B

Bob Green

I just got some in the mail from the boo dated March 2012. Are these your F2, and the F3 was made in 2014?

Thanks!

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mine are from 2011 and have to check date on package.
In cooler at another location and I don't go there often.

Looks like this is a popular strain and people are still looking for it.

B

Bob Green

For any of you guys that have ran the Double Thai what do think my odds of finding a nice male in two packs? I have read male plants are hard to come by in this line.

Thanks

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Bob Green,

I had a nice male from one pack last year, prior to my aphid invasion;( I think your odds are fine and best of luck!

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:
For any of you guys that have ran the Double Thai what do think my odds of finding a nice male in two packs? I have read male plants are hard to come by in this line.

Thanks

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I just got some in the mail from the boo dated March 2012. Are these your F2, and the F3 was made in 2014?

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi Bob Green,

If the packing date was from 2012 then your Double Thais are the first F2s that i produced in winter 2011. Tropical sativas produce a very high female/male ratio, the more plants you have the better chances to find good males for breeding.

Kind regards!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi horsemen97,

Yes, Gramovatio is a legit ACE Seeds retailer.

Please, email them first to confirm they have Double Thai in stock, and ask them what's the packing date of the seeds they keep before placing the order.

Kind regards, dubi

hi dubi, finally i have buy a pack dated from 30/06/13, but what i dont understand its a feminizing pack of black viet x meao thai have you doing this line up?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi horsemen97,

Yes, i did a small reproduction of the VB x Thai a few years ago in both regular and feminized format. I'm glad you had the chance to score some :) Best wishes!

Latest posts

Latest posts