What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna Boost Foliar feeding

L

Leonidas

Whats up OGRaq ? Molasses is the way to go and I will no longer endorse Boost in any way . If someone can show me a side by side that Boost is better I might change my mind because my SourBubble was Molasses for the last few weeks and it was perfect and frosty .

B

bonecarver_OG

what kind of mollases is it?

atleast at the growshop i have seen no mollases here in spain. interesting if its possible to use something commonlly available or make it one self.

peace

L

Leonidas

I use Grandmas but I just picked up a generic brand for half the price and is the exact same thing down to the color of the jar . I could be wrong guys but Boost is $100 a bottle and this is working for myself and I hope it helps others save some money with the way things are for people at the moment with the bad economy .

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe now comes the tidious taks of trying to find it in spain :D

i found an article translating blackstrap molases to spanish - but then its an other thing if there is anything sold under that name.

Grizz

Veteran
you can pick up the kind zoo is talking about hear in the us at most grocery stores, usally by the pancake syrup. in spain I don't know, the black strap usally can be found at animal feed stores.

sorry you feel that way greyskull. some of us have legal problems to deal with and others just don't like posting pics for whatever reason, doesent bother me either way. I have been in the grow for over 20 years and can hold my own with most growers, Im sure there better ones out there but thaats not the point, just growing is.

L

Leonidas

He's just kidding Whales , Greyskull is a great guy bro and I think you would like him .In a non gay way LOL :muahaha:

Grizz

Veteran
I have heard the sucanut works well, from what I have heard you mix it the same as you would molasas.

yeah I know greyskull, we have talked and I have alot of respect for his grow skills, I can tell he knows his shit even without seeing one of his pics,

G

Greyskull

Leonidas said:
He's just kidding Whales , Greyskull is a great guy bro and I think you would like him .In a non gay way LOL :muahaha:

THANKS ZOO!
yeah I was just being a smart ass Joesy. I do better at taking bong rips than talking sometimes :bongsmi:

isn't mollasses thick and syrup-y?

L

Leonidas

It is bro but you just mix it with a few oz's of hot water and stir it and bam that shit is mixed well :jump:

OGRaq

Leonidas said:
Whats up OGRaq ? Molasses is the way to go and I will no longer endorse Boost in any way . If someone can show me a side by side that Boost is better I might change my mind because my SourBubble was Molasses for the last few weeks and it was perfect and frosty .

Don't know if this is your first run with SB or not but if it's your first run with it and first run with Molasses how do you know what it's doing ;)

If it's possible next run mix up different nutes to do your comparison. It's well worth the extra effort to see it for your own eyes :friends:

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
I havent tried it in coco but I used in when I did soil and to be honest I couldent see the differance, Im sure it must sweeten the final product some but I like to keep it as simple as possible . It would be nice to see a side by side of two clones ,one with molasas and one without.

B

bonecarver_OG

:D

hi all

just wanted to ad "Panela" is a concentrated version of molasses - its a common sweetener from southamerica. its basicly cane sugar molasses solidified to blocks..

it does not contain aditives in general. sounds like its worth a try.

also i think i figured out in what kind of shops to find molasses. most likelly in the special diet shops - there is tons of them - basicly its healthfood stores - but many of them have products for specific diets etc -and a natural sweeter should have its place there.

also it seems sport people use it too for extra energy etc..

lets see if i get hold of some..

peace all